headaches !

melisa

Hi,
I have just joined this forum to see if i can get some help with the LLL. This is only day 2 on it and i am hungry but i can get over that , the problem is the headaches im getting i just cant seem to shift them. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks;):eek:

The headaches you are experiening is 'carb-withdrawal'... It's normal, and shouldn't last more than 1-2 days, after which ketosis will kick in and you'll be ok. :)
Bear with it for now, drink lots of tea/coffee/water!

Take care, and all the best on Lite!
x

LLL HEADACHES.

Hi there. I'm on my 11th week of LLL and i've never had the headache problem but i have always aimed on drinking at least 5lts. of water every day.A mixture of ordinary and sparkling with the lovely st. clements flavour in it, it really will cure the headache problem for you.And the other positive is it helps with the weight loss, i drink more than the two other ladies that started with me and i've lost 9lb more than them up to now, so it really does help. Good luck for your weigh in, it will all be so worth it. Keep us all posted.
Stay positive, be strong and visualise yourself at your goal weight and make it happen, you know you can.
:bananalove::greenapple:

Thankyou for your replies you are right the headaches have now gone! Have not found it too bad have been days where im not hungry but could really eat something nice as i have a funny taste in my mouth. I get my first weigh in on Thursday so will keep you posted! x

Hi
Just to let you know i had my first weigh in and lost 8 and half pounds !!! Delighted with the results .

That's fantastic! :D :D :D
However, remember that nearly all of that will have been water weight - so, don't be disappointed if the loss is only about 1-3lbs next week. :)

Thanks for that Minerva, i know not to expect that next week but any amount of weight loss will do ! lol My problem is im going on holiday next week and im terrified of putting weight on after doing so well. I will try my best to stick to it but you know how difficult it is on holiday ! x

It's only ever as difficult as YOU yourself make it. :)
Try to stick to it. Make it a challenge! Don't have any carbs, stick to veggies and protein - stay away from butter sauces, or tomato sauces (they often have lots of sugar and oil added in!) - opt for 'grilled' options. Try to ask for salad dressings 'on the side'.
There are a lot of hidden ingredients in even the most seemingly innocent things...

If you feel like you want to have a drink - try not to make in an everyday thing - one day stick to some Diet Coke (though not technically allowed on Lite!) - and as for alcohol - stick to mixers. A shot of (25ml) vodka/gin/southern comfort etc is about 55 calories. Coupled with a low-calorie mixer like Diet Coke/Slimline Tonic/Sugar Free Lemonade will be about 60 calories per drink - so you can keep an eye on it that way. Plus these technically speaking will not break ketosis. What happens is when we ingest alcohol like this - the fat burning process gets put 'on hold' as the liver processes the 'poison' that is alcohol instead of the fat.
Beer and wine aren't quite the same unfortunately, so I would stay away from them - they are much higher calorie wise and have carbs/sugars.

Go into your holiday with a healthy mindset - however, remember if one day you have something 'outside the diet plan' - don't let it spiral into 'oh well, I've blown it now, might as well have everything else'. Eliminate the damage before it gets too great! The power is in your hands. ;)

Thank you so much for that information Minerva that puts be in better frame of mind just reading that. I will take my shakes with me and try and stick to them during the day and be careful what i eat at night . The drinks not the problem that doesnt bother me its more the food! I dont feel as if ive lost any weight this week but i will let you know on Thursday . Thanks again for your help. xx

Back