Headaches

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Anyone a sufferer and never really know what the cause is?

I went for my first outdoor run of 2013 and the day after I had a headache. It's not a sharp pain or a throb, more like a dull annoying pressure that gets stronger when it feels like....that was 3 weeks ago.
2 trips to the doctors and he's given me naproxen and co drydomol to help, which it certainly does. He took bloods last thurs and I would if heard by now if anything was wrong.
He did say to go back once the pressures of work had subsided (accountant) and he would do the next step of tests, whatever that means.

I hate bothering the docs, I'm not a pill pusher and only take at the very point that I can't go on.

If I still feel like this in a few weeks I will go back but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in this and perhaps knew what this could be?

Hi there.

I have what's called cluster headaches, only came on about 2 years ago but I can go days- weeks with a dull ache at the front of my head and my eyes feel achey, the one day it will just go and I won't have any for months and months. Very odd really xx

Hi there.

I have what's called cluster headaches, only came on about 2 years ago but I can go days- weeks with a dull ache at the front of my head and my eyes feel achey, the one day it will just go and I won't have any for months and months. Very odd really xx

Thanks Lucy (fab name btw)

Did you ever find out why they started? X

No idea. My doctor said from the start he thought it was that but I had to keep a headache diary, have an eye test and have my blood checked. All fine and because he said it wasn't a pain in a specific area it wasn't anything serious.
I don't like taking lots of pills so I use forehead and a cooling eye mask when I can. If I'm at school though I just have to endure it unfortunately.
I love our name :)

I always get a headache after i've done some exercise and that's like a bad pressure!

I just read what the NHS say about cluster headaches. Mine aren't that severe, they are still painful but not as near as bad as them poor people. I wonder if I have been wrongly diagnosed or just have a less severe case of it. Plus it says males and normally smokers, I've never smoked in my life. Hhmmm

Well I went back, had a rotten week headache wise but a great week otherwise, no stress, nothing bothering me and yet my head feels worse!

She did all sorts of eye tests and my bloods were fine so she says it must be tension headaches.

I need to try to relax more apparently!

Back