Health and Weight loss

bevsy

Just wanted to tell you all about how my weight loss has affected my overall health.
I have been diabetic since 2006, weighing in at 25 stone, i knew if i continued to live my life the way i was it would cause untold amount of damage to my health.
Over the last 4 years i have now got my weight down to 16st 7lbs, its been a long hard slog and today at my diabetic yearly check up the results are astounding.
my yearly overall blood sugar last year was 8.7 today it is back down to a good 7.2
Also my cholesterol has dropped from 5.4 to 2.75.
My diabetic nurse has said i need to have blood tests in august 3 months from today if the results are the same i will get my medication reduced, this has made me so pleased, i would love to be medication free.
My nurse today done averages and just by the weight loss i have increased my life by 10 years,
Continuing on my weight loss journey and the averages will be i could add an extra 22 years on my life.
So all you guys n gals out there its so worth the effort to change your lifestyle.
:vibes:

AMazing, what a good job. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your journey. You must feel fabulous!

Wow, that is so impressive, good to hear that all the hard work pays off in the end!!! x

Wow well done!

That's very inspirational, well done.

Wow! Well done you! Thanks for posting this. It makes me so much more determined :)

Back