Health issues hindering weightloss

Hi Ladies,

I have an under active thyroid, and doing the ww diet, I get weeks were I lose a lost of weight, then there is weeks when I put up weight even when I am very good on the diet, I have never given up on the diet and take it one day at a time, my total weight lose at the moment is 17 stone 9lbs, I am only 5 pounds away from my goal weight!!!!! which I still can't believe, so it can be done, just don't give up.

Oh my god. Congratulations. That is one amazing achievement. You should be very proud and if thats not a spur on to the rest of us i dont know what is. Good luck with your final 5 lb :D

Hey onedayatatime,
Massive congrats on your weight loss so far!
How long has it taken you?
Emms xx

Thanks Ladies it's good to know im not by myself! At the moment I'm coming on every other week and feel and look awful! Oh and I put on 5lbs this week and have no idea how so you ladies are helping me ;) xx

Hi Emma

It took me 2 years and 3 and a half months to lose all the weight, and I still can't believe how much I have lost.

I too suffer with an underactive thyroid, and very regular blood tests (every 6 weeks) has shown that it swings from being 'normal' to extremely underactive, my dr says I am the only one on his books where an increase of just 2 tablets a week (50mg) will affect someone so much :eek: so he finds it nigh on impossible to regulate me.

Anyway, the good news is that I did lost 3 stone with WW over a 15 month period (2009/2010) and have kept it off, so you can lose weight but I would say from what I have read it's definitely slower than if you had a normal thyroid function:)

So I am now at a 5 stone weight loss and am determined to lose the last 10LB or so :D

Well done ladies for battling on with extra health issues to deal with.

Thanks Ladies it's good to know im not by myself! At the moment I'm coming on every other week and feel and look awful! Oh and I put on 5lbs this week and have no idea how so you ladies are helping me ;) xx
Hey there loubie, You are definitely not by yourself. Sorry you've had a weight gain this week - its more annoying when you don;t know why! Keep your chin up and have a good week this week - a loss next week will give you a good boost! :D:D:D
Emms x

It took me 2 years and 3 and a half months to lose all the weight, and I still can't believe how much I have lost.

Hey there onedayatatime,
2 years and 3 months - seems like a long time - but considering I've been overweight for 20 years its a drop in the ocean! Well done :woohoo:for enduring and keeping at it - you have inspired me today to think that I can continue and lose this weight that keeps holding me back in life. I am only on week 5 and already surprised at the focus I have which I am positive is to do with this website and being able to chat with all you lovely ladies every day - that and my chart and stickers of course!!
Catch you later,
Emms x

Hey hunnies, how is everyone doing?
i lost another 2 and half this week bringing total to 9 lost...... have set myself a mini goal to lose 5 before xmas, making it my first stone!!!
keep up the good work, and keep in touch xxx

Hey hunnies, how is everyone doing?
i lost another 2 and half this week bringing total to 9 lost...... have set myself a mini goal to lose 5 before xmas, making it my first stone!!!
keep up the good work, and keep in touch xxx

Hey well done DizzyDee!
I lost 2lbs this week - a total of 11lbs in 5 weeks now:D. Super chuffed with myself.
Hope you're all having a good week.
Emms x

emmaholl said:
Hey there, does anyone else have health issues that make losing weight difficult?
I have an under-active thyroid so my metabolic rate is virtually non-existent. I have only just started to lose weight and have done okay so far, but every week that I get on the scale and lose weight I am really surprised :eek:.
But I am determined to keep going even if it takes me years to get to my healthy goal weight!
Would love to hear/share stories with you all, so we can motivate and keep each other going.
Emms x

Type 1 diabetes .. The more Insulin you take the harder it is to loose weight ... Sooo frustrating .. Ive been the same weight now since august .... Grrrrr! Keep at your goal, sounds like your doing super xxxx

Back