Healthier choice

*angela*

Silver Member
Hello :)

Advice please guys and girls - I'm off for a work lunch today to a burrito bar - never been before and have no idea how bad a place it is when it comes to syn values - so i looked online and if possible can ya help me pick a better option and then an idea of what i could syn it as please.

First choice is a burrito with lime rice, salsa, cheese and sour cream (could use the cheese as my HEXA and skip the cream but not sure of syns for the actual burrito and rice)... Or there's a fajita with lime rice and sauteed pepper and onions - again with cheese and cream. There are different meat fillings so I would go for the shredded beef i think.

Any help at all I would appreciate muchly, i had my wi last night (1lb off - woohoo) and dont want to start the week off too bad. Thanks in advance :)

x

Mexican Restaurants, Beef Burritos, average portion, 400g serving

you may have to do a flexi day today!

Do they offer any other options such as:
Chili con carne & Rice - about 8.5 syns (EE)
Veg chili & Rice - about 3.5 syns (EE)
Vegetable enchiladas - 14 syns
Chicken Enchiladas - 22 syns

Are you registered on the SW website? Cause there is a section on mexican restaurant

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/eo-mexican.aspx

Hi Angela,

I don't think that burritos are intrinsically SW friendly - a standard tortilla wrap is 6 syns, but I think the ones you get in burrito restaurants are a bit bigger than average.
There are things you can do though - most places should do you a Burrito bowl - which is everything but the wrap, or a salad bowl.

You could have cheese as a Healthy extra, lots of salad, rice and beans and lovely fresh salsas. The only problem is the burrito filling - apart from their basic names - usually can choose between chicken/pork/beef, I don't really know whats in them. Obv makes it very hard to count the syns. So if I was trying really hard to stay on track, I'd have a salad bowl with rice and salsa and try and find out what the syn count for tortilla chips were, or, I'd flexi syn it and have a couple of nice beers with it. Nom nom, I've made myself want one now :)

For future reference, There's a forum specifically for eating out queries here Slimming World - Eating Out - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum
which you can search, or ask questions in - people with more knowledge than me might be able to help.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-eating-out/

Hi Angela,

I don't think that burritos are intrinsically SW friendly - a standard tortilla wrap is 6 syns, but I think the ones you get in burrito restaurants are a bit bigger than average.

The idea of the Buritto bowl & salad sounds good.

As for the tortilla wraps - The ones in restaurants have added oil to keep them soft so ave burrito is about 14 syns - before you add any filling

Mexican Restaurants, Tortilla Chips & Salsa, average portion, per serving 18
Mexican Restaurants, Tortilla Chips & Guacamole, average portion, per serving 25

As for the tortilla wraps - The ones in restaurants have added oil to keep them soft so ave burrito is about 14 syns - before you add any filling

Mexican Restaurants, Tortilla Chips & Salsa, average portion, per serving 18
Mexican Restaurants, Tortilla Chips & Guacamole, average portion, per serving 25

OMG, thats put me off tortilla chips for life!:eek:

Thanks so much for all the info ladies, think a salad bowl is the best option :) definately dont want to start the week off with high syns meal. Crazy the syn value for the tortilla's though, and they taste so good as well - typical lol :)

Whatever you choose - enjoy it! If its higher syns, just cut back during the week. x

Back