Healthy extra and lunch question

Lehginger1

Hi,

i know Slimming World can work but I am starting again(!) and I find a couple of things difficult at the moment:
1. I just don't understand why you only get on HEX A on EE. I can sort of get my head around 1 HEX B as you don't need the second for meat/pasta or potatoes but even then you could have two bread based HEX B's on Red or Green.
2. I work in an office with no microwave and I hate mugshots etc. I end up going to Boots/marks/Tesco at lunch and coming back with Ryvita with various toppings for lunch as ready made food is syn heavy.

Does anyone gave the same problems or advice please?

Thanks!

You only have one hex a on ee because the meat and carbs are unlimited and it stops you consuming more calories?! Not 100% sure to be honest lol but the plan works so no need to question it really just trust it :)on ee plan.....i been having the same problem with ee because I like my cereal in the morning and a sandwich for lunch so I've been doing a couple of red or green days when I need to do that so say like yesterday i had a red day so had Weetabix milk and banana for brekfast...then an egg and bacon sandwich made with two small slices of bread with melon for afters for lunch...then for tea i had a stir fry with strips of pork steak.....so why not try red and green and take a sandwich to work or have a bowl of cereal in work along with a fruit salad covered in yogurt to fill you?? Just a suggestion :)

Last edited:
Why don't you try making your own lunches at home to take to work that are free??
Or make extra for dinner the night before & take the left overs for lunch x

I'm on EE and take my own lunch. Today salad with ham and cottage cheese. Lots of fruit. Tomorrow half a packet of vegetable rice cooked with extra mixed veg (eaten cold) with ham pieces and again, more fruit or a mullerlight. I've taken cold cooked pasta with sliced spring onions and mushrooms and Philadelphia lightest (2 syns for the philly). You don't need a microwave, just a bit of planning. Buying lunch works out expensive.

Hope that helps :)

You could check out the 'whats everyone having for lunch thread' for ideas. I always make my own lunch & rarely use the microwave/kettle, today is couscous, beetroot & feta. It just takes planning & thinking of different ideas, & changing habits;).

My husband is doing is alongside me, but only needs to lose a stone (after already losing 1).

He's on the road most of the time, but he takes a sandwich (spread with philly light, chicken or ham, with salad) a banana, and apple and a blue riband biscuit. He also takes a bottle of water or bottle of pepsi max.

When he's not taken a lunch, he's popped into Morrisons and filled up on a salad box, but you could always make your own salad box to take into work x

Back