healthy extra B querie

abigail09

Gold Member
ok so i missed my healhty extras yesterday, but can i make up for it today and eat yesterdays today or will that be counted as a syn, i really want an alpen bar!!!

Hi,
I used to be a SW councellor and I would say yes it's ok to double up if you missed out yesterday (don't do it often though). Make sure you have plenty of free food as it's always owners of the food diaries that have that bit full that have the best losses.

thanks hopesprings, sometimes i get through the full day with no healthy extra B's and just thought i needed to count every day as a seperate thign and if i 'caught up' so to speak i wouldnt loose.

We were told by our SWC that you can't carry HE's over to the next day. They are that days allowance and if you don't use it you lose it. That's just what we were told

hmmm, i am now divided.....

thats what i orginally thought taz

Sins

At our group the counsellor says we shouldn't carry over sins either - seems like there are some inconsitancies :-(

If it was once in a blue moon thing then I don't see what the harm is. Its not like choc or sweets or summat addictive ;) Over the space of a week it will even out, surely?

my consultant says that as the plan is based on everything is in moderation then all healthy extras and sins are to be eaten on the day they are intended for. if you just want one alpen light they're only 3 sins each. :)

for example - you can't save sins up for the weekend for a 'binge' or anything like that. if you want a few drinks then eat normally all week using your sins for those days then allow yourself a few extra as flexisins for your drink.

Ya see this is where it gets confusing. We are told that we have xxSyns per week. It seems that different groups are told different things. I will ask my friend who has just become a SWC and see what she says

I was told that I could have so many syns a week - then take away from that total each time i ate something that did not fit into 'free or healthy extra' foods. There are days where you don't feel like eating all or even any of your syns and other days where you need every single one plus a few more. You could not carry over any sysn into the following week though.

my consultant says that as the plan is based on everything is in moderation then all healthy extras and sins are to be eaten on the day they are intended for. if you just want one alpen light they're only 3 sins each. :)

for example - you can't save sins up for the weekend for a 'binge' or anything like that. if you want a few drinks then eat normally all week using your sins for those days then allow yourself a few extra as flexisins for your drink.
But would one lose any weight, having that many extra syns a week? In the past I have saved them up for the weekend for a drink or 5. (didn't lose much weight though!)

I do my Syns on a weekly basis too. I thought flexi Syns were supposed to be taken from another day

I do my Syns on a weekly basis too. I thought flexi Syns were supposed to be taken from another day

we were told that you have your sins as normal all week, then if you know you are going to have extra sins one day give yourself an allowance (e.g. 40 if you're going for a meal and a few drinks) and try and stick to it.

this apparently stops you falling off the wagon as you don't feel deprived on the other days aswell.

yea i was under the impression you should stick to 70 syns a week, however im already upto 90 after have 70 syns in just alcohol alone on sat and weigh in isnt til thurs. its totally confusing sometimes.

oh btw i didnt have that alpen bar!!! hahaha

Hi, when I used to go to group they told me that if you had a special occasion that the syns could be carried over, but realistically that it should be the odd occasion rather than the norm.
I don't think that the HE can be carried over though.

I have 105 Syns per week, 15 per day.
i try my best to stcik to 70 a week, 10 a day but going to have to up it this week!! whenever i have 15 a day i just seem to maintain :(

Back