Healthy Extra "B" Question

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. In the winter I quite like to have porridge in the mornings as it's warm and filling and keeps me going through until lunchtime.

The book says that 28g of porridge oats and 1 scan/oat bran makes up a Healthy Extra "B". I have a problem with this in that I can't stand scan/oat bran, they're horrible.

Can I increase the amount of oats to compensate for the lack of scan/oat bran, and if so, by how much?

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi Helen

I'm no expert but I don't think you can 'tweak' the HeBs like that.

I don't like scanbran either so I have a sachet of Oat So Simple Original and a Ryvita.

I hadn't thought of Ryvita instead... thanks for that, I'll give that a go. :)

I'm not a fan of scan bran just as a cracker/biscuit type thing but I do believe its definately helped me with weight losses.
i love it cooked into porridge, also love it as a kinda porridge on its own - 2 or 3 nuked with a little water and milk then a banana chopped on top (my workmates call it my gruel when I have it at work LOL)
I've even cooked it into scrambled egg just for the sake of filling up :)

If you haven't already, definitely register at the Slimming World website. There are more options on there than in the book.

I registered there back when I rejoined last year, it really is incredibly useful isn't it? Being able to look Syn values up, and work them out if they're not listed is absolutely invaluable. :D

I'm not a fan of scan bran just as a cracker/biscuit type thing but I do believe its definately helped me with weight losses.
i love it cooked into porridge, also love it as a kinda porridge on its own - 2 or 3 nuked with a little water and milk then a banana chopped on top (my workmates call it my gruel when I have it at work LOL)
I've even cooked it into scrambled egg just for the sake of filling up :)

Thanks for the recommendations, sounds interesting. I have to say though, it's the actual taste of the stuff I can't stand! Thank you anyway! ;)

Back