Healthy Extras querey

mandb

Hi everyone - Very Newbie and little nervous here.

I have registered online because getting to a group is very difficult for me. I have ploughed through all the pages and printed off reams of information but there are a couple of questions that I keep coming back to and cannot find the answers to. I would be very grateful if a little guidance was offered.

Firstly - what if you want more that one 'a' and 'b' healthy extra. I cannot operate without my bowl of cereal and milk every morning. I do not want to change that. So does that mean I can't have cheese, or bread (for example) any more in the day.

Secondly - With the best will in the world the Super Free foods are not that ...... excititng !! I understand that I should snack between meals on these but it also says that I can eat as much Free Foods. Can I have Free Foods between meals as they definitley look a bit more appetising although it doesn't feel right to eat meat and eggs (for exmample) as a snack.

Some help on these 2 issues will help me get on my way

Thank you

Hello and welcome to slimming world and minimins. Hope you enjoy the plan and have a great first week loss.

You can eat more than you hex allowance of bread, milk or cheese but you have to syn it. 1 hex = 6 syns. Alternatively you could try red or Green days where you get 2 of each hex but then you are much more limited on other carbs or on meat.

I try not to use a hex for breakfast so that I can snack on one later. (fried potatoes or rice pudding are good for this) Also I split my allowance into two halves and sometimes have half for breakfast.

You are supposed to make superfree your first choice for snacks but you can also snack on free food. Try to keep the 1/3 super free rule for snacks as well as meals as a minimum. I don't find superfree very filling on their own when I am hungry so snack on a mixture eg 1/2 hex b of toast with sliced banana. Or fat free yogurt with blueberries added. Noting wrong with lean meat and eggs as a snack - ideally with some tomatoes or something!

Thanks for that Nettee - The 1 Hex = 6 Syns is useful to know.

I can't imagine not havign cereal and milk for breakfast - I have had that for as long as I remember. Mornings are always such a rush, I don't have the time for 'preparing' a meal.

I think I need to do some more research into breakfasts.

Thanks again

Check out the breakfast and lunch threads in the recipe sub-forum for ideas of things you might like to have instead of your usual cereal. You will probably find the portion of cereal you get for your healthy extra very small anyway so its good to have alternatives.

og and by the way, not all healthy extras are 6 syns so it is better to check the individual syn value for anything you want to have beyond your allocation - you wouldn't want to be diddling yourself out of some syns ;)

Back