Healthy Extras - To eat or not to eat?!

Poppybibby

Hi everyone,

I am becoming quite confused by the healthy extras...and my weight loss in the last 2 weeks has been lower than I had hoped so it would be good if to get some opinions on the matter.

I was under the impression that healthy extras were there if you wanted them and didn't need to be eaten to aid weight loss. But having read some of the comments across the forum there are mixed messages about whether we have to eat them or not. I have a hexB a couple of days a week - either weetabix, cooked fruit or porridge. But I don't have it everyday. And I rarely have my hexA except for the smallest drop of milk on my weetabix (i like it crunchy not soggy) and the occasional bit of cheese.

Should I be making an effort to ensure I eat both my hex's everyday or is it ok to carry on as I am and have them as and when I want them? I don't really see the need to eat them if I am not hungry or don't fancy them but if I have to try and incorporate them into a meal somehow then I will do.

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me :)

Hi!

I think the healthy extras do aid weight loss in their own way. The B choices in particular are good because of their fibre content, that helps keep your system well. They are quite literally 'healthy' for you.
If you're not a huge fan of them, maybe try different ones. Nuts are a B choice now, alpen lights, crackers for lunch, extra virgin olive oil, canned fruit- all good options to try.
The A choice is harder as if you're not a milk/cheese lover it's hard to incorporate but maybe putting milk in mash, milky coffees, cheese topping on some dishes might help.
I'd try and use them every day for a week and see if it makes any difference. They're there for a reason so must be good xx

Thank you for your help :) I'm going to give it a go for a week and make sure I eat all A and Bs every day. I've just bought a pack of the chocolate and fudge Alpen light bars so I'm going to have 2 today when I fancy a sweet treat. The milk/cheese will be harder but il manage it somehow. Fingers crossed for a better number on the scales next week!

Thank you for your help :) I'm going to give it a go for a week and make sure I eat all A and Bs every day. I've just bought a pack of the chocolate and fudge Alpen light bars so I'm going to have 2 today when I fancy a sweet treat. The milk/cheese will be harder but il manage it somehow. Fingers crossed for a better number on the scales next week!

No problem!
If you don't fancy both alpen lights you can have just one as a B now too. One is to speed weight loss, 2 is to fill you up xx

That's good to know - 1 Alpen bar a day it is then. I even managed to squeeze some cheese onto my plate with my salad earlier..it felt wrong but that's probably still the Weight Watcher in me lol.

You need fibre and you need calcium. You could of course get them from other sources, so you wouldn't necessarily need your healthy extras, but you should be getting them from somewhere. Lack of calcium now could mean osteoporosis in later life.

Will re read my handbook... And checkout what I can have instead of bread and cereal bars. X

I've been very good so far this week and had my hexa and hexb everyday, it's just changing my eating habits to include the foods that were forbidden on Weight Watchers. Thank you for your advice.

I've been very good so far this week and had my hexa and hexb everyday, it's just changing my eating habits to include the foods that were forbidden on Weight Watchers. Thank you for your advice.

Well done you!
I love my healthy extras so have no problem munching them lol x

Back