Healthy extras when breastfeeding

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
Could someone confirm how many extra healthy extras you get on extra easy when breast feeding. As I am a bit confused by it and as there are no meetings here I do not have a consultant to ask and double check with.

I am hoping to get back on track now my little one is just over 3 weeks old.

Thanks

have found the answer

Baby's Age Additional HE's
up to 2 months 3
2 - 3 months 4
4 - 6 months 3 (if starting to wean)
4 - 6 months 4 (if breast milk is the only source of nutrients for baby)
over 6 months 1 (when weaning)

I am presuming the 3 extra healthy extras means my choice of a combination of A or B's

so for instance the 1 HEa and 1 HEb that is standard on extra easy

and then two extra HEa's and a extra HEb.

Is that right?

I wouldnt of thought it means 1 HEa and 1 HEb which is standard on extra easy and the 3 more HEa and HEb's?

Hi Britmum! Just reading my SW pregnancy and breastfeeding pamphlet and I quote "You can enjoy additional healthy extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices. We recommend that one or preferably two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section."

I presume that they were referring to red and green days as they've probably not updated it to include EE plan (hence the 2a and 2b mentioned above). So basically you get the extra HEs in addition to your standard HEs so that makes it 5 HEs in total on an EE day or 7 HEs on a red or green day. Pretty good hey :D

How have you been anyway? And your little angel? I'm back on SW and feeling a lot more motivated and in control. I've promised myself to give it a serious go and then WI on Friday, hopefully I'll see something encouraging on the scales! Good luck getting back on plan!

thanks honey,

what is confusing me is - is it 5 healthy extras as in 5 HEa's and 5 HEb's,

or

is it my choice of HEa's or HEb's making up 5, so for instance 3 HEa's and 2 HEb's. If that makes sense.

I am presuming the latter, but want to make sure.

I am doing good, although got a small infection in my c section wound which is so far being controlled with an antibiotic cream. Felicity is doing well, although likes to be held constantly, so am going to invest in a new carrier. I already have a stretchy wrap and ring sling, but want a new one, am thinking a woven wrap as there are some beautiful ones out there.

Am hoping I can get back on track, as have already been going a bit to pot with the meals since she has been here. It is hard with a newborn isnt it? I was thinking perhaps Weight watchers would be easy initially, but know I will probably end up eating too much convenience stuff on that, so would rather do slimming world and make sure there is plenty of fruit and veg in my diet.

Hope it goes well for you getting back on track. Good luck!!! also how are you getting on with your little one?

thanks honey,

what is confusing me is - is it 5 healthy extras as in 5 HEa's and 5 HEb's,

or

is it my choice of HEa's or HEb's making up 5, so for instance 3 HEa's and 2 HEb's. If that makes sense.

I am presuming the latter, but want to make sure.

I am doing good, although got a small infection in my c section wound which is so far being controlled with an antibiotic cream. Felicity is doing well, although likes to be held constantly, so am going to invest in a new carrier. I already have a stretchy wrap and ring sling, but want a new one, am thinking a woven wrap as there are some beautiful ones out there.

Am hoping I can get back on track, as have already been going a bit to pot with the meals since she has been here. It is hard with a newborn isnt it? I was thinking perhaps Weight watchers would be easy initially, but know I will probably end up eating too much convenience stuff on that, so would rather do slimming world and make sure there is plenty of fruit and veg in my diet.

Hope it goes well for you getting back on track. Good luck!!! also how are you getting on with your little one?

Oh sorry, yes it is a combination of HE A & B to make up the 5. So you could have 2 As and 3 Bs. If you have 5 each, that's TEN healthy extras! I wish LOL!

Yeah I shelved the WW idea when I was trying not to burn dinner, attend to Rose and weigh out my portion. I was so stressed out, it just wasn't worth it. So anyway back on SW and so far have had 3 successful days. This is day 4 and so far going well. I'm just taking things a day at a time. Can you believe I'm the same determined person who usually ploughs through challenges now tentatively inching my way to goal? lol. I feel very delicate about my weight/eating at the moment. Just trying to be kind to myself and not beat myself up.

Rosie's great, except for recent runny green poos (????) Any ideas what might have brought this on? My health visitor suggested that I cut back on veg (Oh the irony!!!) Aaaarrrrgghhhh!!! I posted it on the pregnancy thread of you want to take a look. Take care!

okay have that clear now, I didnt think it would be 5 of each, but thought I best check just incase. Now I just need to get focused and back on track

will go and reply to you on your poo thread ;)

Back