Healthy extras ?

Lynnkenney

If I only have half my milk allowance can I have anything else instead of other half? Hope that makes sense lol

Lynn

If I only have half my milk allowance can I have anything else instead of other half? Hope that makes sense lol

Lynn

Technically you could, but I don't think Slimming World advise it. I believe they say you can half "whole items", for example 2 weetabix = 1 Healthy B and 2 x HiFi Light also = 1 Healthy B. In this case, as the items are whole, and not measured (i.e. 35g), you could mix and match and have one of each (1 Weetabix and 1 HiFi Light).

You could always try it and see how you get on, but if you see a negative affect on your weight loss you might need to rethink it.

Yeah you can have half milk half cheese.

When the say whole they mean you can't split HEX that have additional items, eg it used to be 28g porridge PLUS a Ryvita and there was a few things like that and it was those that couldn't be split, I hope that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is taken from the SW website;

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you'll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

To keep the food diary as easy as possible to update, our Healthy Extra drop down lists only allow you to enter a whole Healthy Extra. If you do enjoy two half portions and want to record that, please make an entry in your food diary journal.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Agree with the above I read that on the slimming world website.

I sometimes have half of milk allowance and 1 babybel, and I've had 1 slice of bread and 1 hifi light loads of times. I never have the ones with additional things added like the ryvitas though I always have the 'whole' healthy extras

...I am confused. I'm not actually a member of slimming world, because I'm a student and kinda broke at the termini and would rather use the £5 to go swimming twice a week. My sister's on the slimming world diet and has all the books, but she wont explain any of the healthy extras to me (personally I think she wants to loose her weight before I loose mine!). Do honey nut shreddies count as a healthy extra? and if you cook some lean bacon in a frying pan (with minimum fry light) is that any syns?

I'm really determined to loose my weight before I go back to university... I just dont get it, and I'm not sure if its just me but 25g of shreddies fills me up for like 30 minutes. I have a whole bowl full, and have still managed to loose 17lb since mid july...

ninjascantswim said:
...I am confused. I'm not actually a member of slimming world, because I'm a student and kinda broke at the termini and would rather use the £5 to go swimming twice a week. My sister's on the slimming world diet and has all the books, but she wont explain any of the healthy extras to me (personally I think she wants to loose her weight before I loose mine!). Do honey nut shreddies count as a healthy extra? and if you cook some lean bacon in a frying pan (with minimum fry light) is that any syns?

I'm really determined to loose my weight before I go back to university... I just dont get it, and I'm not sure if its just me but 25g of shreddies fills me up for like 30 minutes. I have a whole bowl full, and have still managed to loose 17lb since mid july...

You would be best off paying one off to join a class, get it all explained to you and get the most up to date book plus a month online access to look up your most used syns then use this site for extra help :)

Back