Healthy Nutritional Snacks???

chick10

Got To Keep Counting :D
I love chocolate, but tbh when im eating it im feeling like i shouldnt. Where as i could eat a fruit flapjack and not feel naughty after that.

So basically im wondering if anyone knows of any snacks thats contain stuff such as fruit, oats.... Blah blah that doesnt have to be chocolate? Or junk food.

Im guessing this is a good question for fattack to answer :)

X

I like blueberries and smoothies! I've relied on a recipe to help me cut my cravings:

1/3 cup of fruit (strawberries are my fave)
1/4 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
3 tbsp of Splenda
6-8 crushed icecubes

Throw everything into the blender except the ice, get it mixed, then throw the ice in and blend it until the chunks are gone. :)

I also enjoy sf chocolate pudding cups and sf popsicles!

Yoghurt covered raisins. You can't have many of them but they're a good alternative to a choc bar.

I love Nakd bars! Pure, healthy ingredients (no additives and rarely more than 4 ingredients per bar) for about 150cals. Lotts of different flavours including chocolate ones!

mmm i love yogurt covered raisins... and pretzels! i by the thinstions 100 calorie packages of chocolate covered pretzels for when i cant get it off my mind. then i know i only consumed 100 calories and you get quite a few to a package !

I am a choccie lover too , if you are looking for an alternative try thr Alpen light bars, they do a choc variety and a summer fruits. I have been eating the summer fruit ones they are 61 cals a bar and have mixed cereal,cranberry,raspberry, strawberry and a yoghurt drizzle, they also have a prebiotic are low in sat fat and high in fibre. I eat them for breakfast and if i need something sweet I always have one in my handbag, they are quite filling too.

I have a real sweet tooth - I find for 90 cal fix I have a highlights hot choc (40 cals) and I dip into it a pink n White. It's marshmallow between two wafers and I get them in packs of six - 50 cals each. They're not to everyones taste but it feels a bit naughty as it's like dipping biscuits. I also like a yoghurt but obviously a low fat one like shape xxx

I have a real sweet tooth - I find for 90 cal fix I have a highlights hot choc (40 cals) and I dip into it a pink n White. It's marshmallow between two wafers and I get them in packs of six - 50 cals each. They're not to everyones taste but it feels a bit naughty as it's like dipping biscuits. I also like a yoghurt but obviously a low fat one like shape xxx

Weight Watchers biscuits are around 70 calories for two (they come in little two-packs within the box, which I find helps to minimise temptation!), I like to have those to dip in Highlights: just over 100 calories for a nice chocolately (or whatever flavour you go for, the ginger & lemon are my favourite) evening snack :)

Quite a few normal biscuits are surprisingly low calorie. Fruit shortcake and garibaldi (both being faves of mine) are both 35 cals or so a biscuit. So it's ok to have a couple without screwing the diet when the urge takes you.

Not healthy, but not bad on the cal front either ;)

Nakd bars are brilliant but a bit pricey, same goes for Graze boxes (especially if you're on the energy plan).

I enjoy cashews (sometimes salted if I'm feeling a bit naughty)
olives (chilli and garlic ones especially)
seeds (the Food Doctor spicy seed mix lasts FOREVER)
dried fruit (apricots especially) for a sugar hit
greek / plain yoghurt - with dill for a savoury dip (I dip using pitta bread) or with orange blossom honey (floral honeys are better for you) for a nice sweet treat
Rachel's organic greek style yoghurts are also YUMMY (but quite high in sat fats - I like to have the coconut one with a banana sometimes after a workout)

How many calories are in the nakd bars fattack? As im wanting to order some. X

I used to get the Graze boxes, I LOVED them! can't get them where I am at the moment :-(

I seem to recall there being research into the 'sniff' reflex...apparently, if you sniff something that smells chocolatey, it satisfies the craving. Sweet lip balms work for me, but could potentially make you want to eat all the chocolate in the world. Risky?

I seem to recall there being research into the 'sniff' reflex...apparently, if you sniff something that smells chocolatey, it satisfies the craving. Sweet lip balms work for me, but could potentially make you want to eat all the chocolate in the world. Risky?
I can tell you from experience. Don't try and lick the lip balsm because they smell nice...

Haha, that is an interesting idea. I think sniffing chocolate would make me want it more, just likle sniffing pizza or mac 'n cheese!

I prefer to chew on a sweet-flavored, sugar-free gum, like Watermelon, Spearmint, Mango, Tropical, etc. :) I usually divide sticks of gum into 3rds to reduce caloric intake for each piece I have, because even a stick of gum has a couple of calories.

I also have 15 cal sugar free popsicles, which are a little tart, but can help when I really want something sugary.

The new muller cheesecake flavour yoghurts are good! 25p at asda at mo! 99 cals. Someone at school makes the WW custard sachets up, melts in a snack sized flake and freezes it in little pots! Ive been meaning to try it but haven't caloried it out yet! Apparently it's very rich tasting :)

Back