Healthy Weight Vs Healthy Size?

I think you should stop losing when you're at a healthy weight, not only healthy but a weight you're comfortable and happy with. Clothing sizes are ridiculous, they're not standardised so in one shop you may be an 8 and others a 12...depends on the style of clothing, the fabric etc. E.g. I can fit into size 8 bodycon skirts but 12 in jeans! So really clothing sizes are to be ignored, when you're happy with your body and it's a healthy weight I think that's far more important than what size Topshop or Dorothy Perkins decides you are that day.

Did you find your solution?

I only ask because I wonder what I will look like at the tentative target I set myself. I have never been a healthy weight or size so have guessed at a target at the upper end of healthy bmi so have no clue what I would look like at this weight.

not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but it is very interesting.
I think the bmi measure is a guideline, although I will always be checking mine and thinking hmm when its over 25 (which is often!)
but recently I was talking to a new friend of mine who also struggles with her weight, she is very tall, could be near 6ft and her bmi is 30, and mine is 29 am Im a lot shorter than her, but she couldnt believe our bmis where practically the same, as shes a size 18/16 and im a 12.

But I think Im just a heavy person, many people would be shocked to know my weight after seeing me and I dont believe theyre just being polite. I was weighed and measured by a nurse for an asthma check up, and she was completely shocked when she calculated my bmi. I guess its a compliment and nice to think that I look good for my weight..
but its also bad as I think meh do I really need to diet down to 9stone?

my weight is spead very evenly though so say I lost 2stone, I could probably tell people ive lost 10lbs and they'd believe it.
when I previously lost 3stone, everyone could tell I'd lost but when I said how much id lost, people were like wow..really? one friend didnt believe it, she meant it nicely but didnt realise I had 3stone on me to lose!

but then again it might just be because I hold my core all the time and noones ever seen my fully extended belly! heh

I know exactly what you are saying. A few years ago I managed to get down to 9 stone 10lbs .. I am 5ft 3 so apparently I could go down to under 8 stone. At just under 10 stone, I looked good... I wasn't overly skinny but was a size 8-10 and felt fab... I was quite shocked to think I could medically drop a further 2 stone and the doctors would be happy with that because I would be in a healthy BMI range... I would have looked ill and ended up a size 6-8!!!!!
I think you will naturally know what is right for you xx

Back