Healthy Weight

AshleyRose

Hi guys, today was a big day for me because i am finally at a healthy weight for my height :D

Although i still want to lose another 2 stone, do you think i should continue on TFR until i lose the final 2?
It's so weird i've gone to the stage where i love being on TFR and i really don't want to come off it. How are you all finding TFR?

Hi guys, today was a big day for me because i am finally at a healthy weight for my height :D

Although i still want to lose another 2 stone, do you think i should continue on TFR until i lose the final 2?
It's so weird i've gone to the stage where i love being on TFR and i really don't want to come off it. How are you all finding TFR?

Hi Ashley I'm enjoying being on TFR too-it takes away all the hassle of trying to diet and the shopping I see stuff like Bread, biscuits and crisps now and they look horrible. That sort of stuff just don't appeal to me.

I've got 2 stones to lose too (I'm 5ft 6" and 12st at the moment) and am going to stay on LT til it's gone. If you decide to stay on LT we can lose together! I am hoping for most of it to be gone by the end of October/early November and go onto maintenance for the last lap.

I'm researching Primal eating reading a book called 'the Primal Blueprint' and it's very interesting, I've also read a book called 'escape the diet myth' and that was a revelation! All about how the standard nutrition advice about carb and also fat intake is wrong. I have to make big changes, I've been on LP before and didnt maintain and don't want to be in a position where I am having to use LT to lose weight because I haven't cracked the techniques of how I can stay slim naturally.

My bf is eating a full breakie now! I think this post is keeping my mind off it!

Have a good day everyone, I have to use extra willpower at the weekend, does anyone else? : )

Woohooooooooo good on you girl!!!!
I'm dying to be on the 12 stone whatever pounds mark as I just know I'll feel better in myself now when I'm out of the 13 stones mark! Am so happy for you!!!
Me and you started at the same weight, are the same height and are going for the same weight in the end hahaha!
Personally I am going to try and get down to 10 stone but I have resided myself to the fact that whatever weight I am going to be by early December, that's the weight I'm going to finish TFR at (this is me thinking maybe I'll be 10.5 ish by then! but if by miracle I reach 10 stone before then thats when Ill stop haha)

I also enjoy the shakes and feel good and lighter every night when going to bed! But I do miss grabbing a wee bag of crisps here and then! But that is a habit that I'm trying to kick whilst on this!!
When I come off TFR in December, Im going to have a really really good Christmas (not over indulge though) and then I think I'll try maintain the weight on something like SW! What do you think ? xxx

Hi Teddy, yeah when I did SW to lose weight I enjoyed the eating plan, loads of lovely recipes! Although,I did put weigh on when I followed the green days for a week so I think my body just likes to make carbs into fat as fast as it can ha!

I am thinking about what to do when I finish TFR so I've been reading a lot. I have been questioning the whole 'healthy eating low fat, mostly carbs' mainstream nutritional advice thing (due to my body's reaction to carbs). I've not long finished reading 'escape the diet myth' by Dr biffra (I think) and that was illuminating as what he says he backs up with research. The whole low fat mostly carbs advice is wrong cos carbs make you produce insulin which stores carbs as fat, whereas when you eat fat (cream, butter, oil) your body burns it. This happens when you drastically reduce carbs so your body goes into ketosis (similar to what happens when you're on TFR). I am looking at a type of Atkins eating regime but with veg and some types of fruit. Anyway I am probs boring you now so I'll stop! : )

hahaha no that was honestly very interesting !!!!!!
See carbs seem to my enemy (I do have IBS) and I love all things carbs = bread, pasta, pizza, rice, potatoes mmmmmm I could go on! BUT they absolutely wreck me when I eat them! My belly goes massively bloated like I'm pregnant and I can lie on the couch after my dinner clutching my stomach as it cramps so much ... but I go through it normally cause I love them! haha (Im a FIEND for sandwiches)

I want to keep them in my diet albeit very minimal as opposed to my disgusting old ways of just eating them non-stop because I like them lol
I'm definitely going to look into SW (I have absolutely no idea how it works for real, just tit-bits from what I've heard from people I know that are on it and they seem happy and still get to go Nandos goddammit!!!!! lol)
WW also looks good though! I've 2 months still to investigate haha xxx

Congratulations AshleyRose on achieving a healthy weight, a serious well done!! :happy096: It's completely up to you whether you want to lose the next 2 stone on Lipotrim or another way. If you think you can manage it without Lipotrim then go for it but its totally what you think suits you best :) Btw is your pharmacist allowing you to continue on TFR if your in the healthy range??

Woohooooooooo good on you girl!!!!
I'm dying to be on the 12 stone whatever pounds mark as I just know I'll feel better in myself now when I'm out of the 13 stones mark! Am so happy for you!!!
Me and you started at the same weight, are the same height and are going for the same weight in the end hahaha!
Personally I am going to try and get down to 10 stone but I have resided myself to the fact that whatever weight I am going to be by early December, that's the weight I'm going to finish TFR at (this is me thinking maybe I'll be 10.5 ish by then! but if by miracle I reach 10 stone before then thats when Ill stop haha)

I also enjoy the shakes and feel good and lighter every night when going to bed! But I do miss grabbing a wee bag of crisps here and then! But that is a habit that I'm trying to kick whilst on this!!
When I come off TFR in December, Im going to have a really really good Christmas (not over indulge though) and then I think I'll try maintain the weight on something like SW! What do you think ? xxx

Thanks hun :D, i know what you mean about wanting to just be out of the 13stone mark it just sounds bad but you soon will be :D See this is where i'm struggling to make a decision, my initial goal weight was 10st which is what i'm still aiming for but i'd be happy at 11. Apparently 10st is underweight for someone of our height so our pharmasicts probably won't let us stay on TFR until we get to 10st.
My new plan is to get to 11st by the second week in November at the latest using TFR, then i am going to use refeed & maintenance to drop the last stone hopefully i'll have that done by Christmas. I'm going to have a nice Christmas too, i'll only indulge on Christmas day :p

Oh and also teddybearyoyo & janeg, ok i am 100% with you on the no carbs plan..My plan for maintaining, and i've been doing alot of research into this is using a diet plan called "THE KETOGENIC DIET"....i have a link somewhere i'll try & find it for you.
It's a diet that keeps you in ketosis, it's like the atkins diet. I don't think i'll use SW or weight watchers or any calorie counting diet, i'm just going to cut out carbs and sugar and continue with the water intake

Hi Ashley I'm enjoying being on TFR too-it takes away all the hassle of trying to diet and the shopping I see stuff like Bread, biscuits and crisps now and they look horrible. That sort of stuff just don't appeal to me.

I've got 2 stones to lose too (I'm 5ft 6" and 12st at the moment) and am going to stay on LT til it's gone. If you decide to stay on LT we can lose together! I am hoping for most of it to be gone by the end of October/early November and go onto maintenance for the last lap.

I'm researching Primal eating reading a book called 'the Primal Blueprint' and it's very interesting, I've also read a book called 'escape the diet myth' and that was a revelation! All about how the standard nutrition advice about carb and also fat intake is wrong. I have to make big changes, I've been on LP before and didnt maintain and don't want to be in a position where I am having to use LT to lose weight because I haven't cracked the techniques of how I can stay slim naturally.

My bf is eating a full breakie now! I think this post is keeping my mind off it!

Have a good day everyone, I have to use extra willpower at the weekend, does anyone else? : )

oh we can definitely aim to lose the 2stone together :DThe books you're reading seem very interesting, from the research i've been doing it seems like the basic information we get on dieting seems wrong..the atkins/ketogenic way seems to have the science and common sense to back it up so that's what i intend to do.
Being on TFR makes food seem scary haha

I'm lucky in one way, i live alone most of the time (my dads always at work and my sister is away at college) so theres rarely any food in the house, my fridge is all water so i don't find the weekends too hard (unless my sister is home) what i do find hard is social occasions, and i have slipped up while on TFR and had a drink.

Congratulations AshleyRose on achieving a healthy weight, a serious well done!! :happy096: It's completely up to you whether you want to lose the next 2 stone on Lipotrim or another way. If you think you can manage it without Lipotrim then go for it but its totally what you think suits you best :) Btw is your pharmacist allowing you to continue on TFR if your in the healthy range??

Thank you so much doll :D i think i will continue on TFR for another 6 weeks, My pharmacist will, he says it's up to me, but i wouldn't imagine he would let me do TFR if i was bordering the underweight section of the BMI chart. xx

Thanks hun :D, i know what you mean about wanting to just be out of the 13stone mark it just sounds bad but you soon will be :D See this is where i'm struggling to make a decision, my initial goal weight was 10st which is what i'm still aiming for but i'd be happy at 11. Apparently 10st is underweight for someone of our height so our pharmasicts probably won't let us stay on TFR until we get to 10st.
My new plan is to get to 11st by the second week in November at the latest using TFR, then i am going to use refeed & maintenance to drop the last stone hopefully i'll have that done by Christmas. I'm going to have a nice Christmas too, i'll only indulge on Christmas day :p

Oh fecks sake that is so annoying, especially seeing as 10 stone was always our weight to begin with !! Although my dad did say that the chemist might not let me continue if they think I start to look gaunt when I pass the 11 stone mark haha!!
Well I too shall aim for 11 and reassess my life when I get there! Ahhh! I just want it to fast forward to December now though because no matter we'll all be a heck of a lot lighter by then!!!!!!!!! ahhh xxx

oh we can definitely aim to lose the 2stone together :DThe books you're reading seem very interesting, from the research i've been doing it seems like the basic information we get on dieting seems wrong..the atkins/ketogenic way seems to have the science and common sense to back it up so that's what i intend to do.
Being on TFR makes food seem scary haha

I'm lucky in one way, i live alone most of the time (my dads always at work and my sister is away at college) so theres rarely any food in the house, my fridge is all water so i don't find the weekends too hard (unless my sister is home) what i do find hard is social occasions, and i have slipped up while on TFR and had a drink.

Hi Ashley, great a LT buddy-I'm doing the mini challenge with Peggy and others to lose 7lbs are you? I am not expecting to lose this in a week although that would be brill! Yeah the ketogenic eating plan does look appealing, I'm going to experiment as part of maintenance and reefed by sticking with the ketogenic approach, I am going to keep a food diary and carefully record what I eat and my weight as I come off TFR and see if the approach makes me gain weight. Before I came onto TFR I had cut out slot of crabs such as bread, potatoes and pasta anyway-I think thats why I didn't get any headaches in my first TFR week. I've also read 'eat fat get thin' and I'm a quarter way through 'the primal blueprint' by mark sessions, he has interesting stuff to say about exercise too.

Oh and I do have food in the fridge and in the cupboards but it doesn't bother me at all, I just struggle on Friday and Saturday nights (especially Friday) because that's when I had a couple of wines to relax....I will be happy to have broken that habit by the time I come off TFR though! :eek:

TTFN

Oh fecks sake that is so annoying, especially seeing as 10 stone was always our weight to begin with !! Although my dad did say that the chemist might not let me continue if they think I start to look gaunt when I pass the 11 stone mark haha!!
Well I too shall aim for 11 and reassess my life when I get there! Ahhh! I just want it to fast forward to December now though because no matter we'll all be a heck of a lot lighter by then!!!!!!!!! ahhh xxx

Well i change my mind all the time, for now i'm concentrating on getting to that 11st mark, i'll decide from there where i want to be but i do dream of the 140lb mark. i'd be so happy...but We have loads of time to decide :) xxx

Well i change my mind all the time, for now i'm concentrating on getting to that 11st mark, i'll decide from there where i want to be but i do dream of the 140lb mark. i'd be so happy...but We have loads of time to decide :) xxx

I'm finally within the 12 stone but only by half a pound hahaha! So I'm just telling myself that I'm now 13 stone as opposed to 12 stone 13.5 as I'll feel better when I'm properly within the 12 stone markings but eeekkkkk! Were doing so good :D!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Can you decide when you want to stop the TFR as my pharmacy as said when I get to a bmi of 24 and that puts me at about 11 stone when I really want to be 9st 7. I think 24 is the top of healthy I want to be in the middle or towards the bottom not a few pounds from overweight. Anybody else had this problem?

Amie. x

Can you decide when you want to stop the TFR as my pharmacy as said when I get to a bmi of 24 and that puts me at about 11 stone when I really want to be 9st 7. I think 24 is the top of healthy I want to be in the middle or towards the bottom not a few pounds from overweight. Anybody else had this problem?

Amie. x

It depends on the pharmcy love, mine told me it's up to me, i want to be near the bottom of the healthy range too. maybe you could switch pharmacies?x

Back