Hearkbreak restart

NIC68

wants to get super fit!
Hi everyone! Well I'm back again and here's a quick account of my story.

In 2009 I lost 6 stone and went from 15 stone to just under 9. It didn't take me all that long - 9 months, by cc and exercise. Anyway I met a great guy who had so much in common with myself. He'd just lost 7 stone and everything was hunky dory (or so I thought.) After a year, I gave up my home, job everything to move in with him 175 miles away and that's when it all started to go wrong! We loved mountain walking and would go on great 20 milers every weekend followed by a well earned meal and nice wine. After about 6 months the walking stopped, but the food and drink didn't. He piled weight on and was now on litres of vodka. He's also a diabetic by the way. The abuse that came with the alcoholism was appalling and it upsets me now to think about it as I write. He obviously always had a drink problem but hid it very well when we lived apart. This is when I started to put weight on. I would go to bed early with crisps and chocolate, buy cakes (I never ate cakes!) and generally just comfort/punish myself with food. Of course as I put weight on, he critisized me even more and on it went. Then everything came to a head in March and he moved out so here I am again.

I need to gain control of my eating and my life again and this site helped me so much before I'm hoping it will again. I have my twin sons graduations in July and would like to lose at least a stone and a half by then. I feel lonely and angry (at myself as much as him) and need to focus on something positive. I know the first few weeks will be hard but I've done it before and I'm DETERMINED to do it again!!

I felt really touched by your post and the two things I kept thinking was ... you did it before you can do it again!!!! and you learn by mistakes ... they're the experiences in life that make you stronger. Sending you BIG HUGS xxx

Thank you so much! Others support on here is so inspirational and can keep me on the straight and narrow. I find half an hour on here can put me back on the right track!

Well done in breaking away and getting started again :) first week's can be hard, but you seem focused so I know you can do it! It will get easier and in no time you'll not even be giving the 'no scoffing naughtiness' a second thought lol

I found it helped to break up my weight to lose into single stones, giving myself a treat (new tights/posh lipstick/hair colour/etc) after I had achieved each stone loss :cool:

Good luck! This site is ace if you ever need info/advice/a chat/somewhere to moan! ;)

Well done for restarting!

You have done it before and will do it again. You'll feel amazing and wonder what you ever saw in him.

Big hugs

Thank you all! This wonderful weather is also keeping me motivated. I really want to get back into all my lovely summer dresses and am determined not to buy new! I can't afford to now anyway! Any tips/advice that you've all found useful would be much appreciated. First week almost done - weigh day tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a good start!

Back