Heart Palpitations/vlcd/aspartame

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
Has anyone experienced these on a vlcd

mine seem to have started around the time i started , but i have other symptoms too which are currently being investigated ...tinnitus and being off balance

ive also read that aspartame can cause palpitations , anyone heard of this , im using sweetners in my black coffee but ive read the ingredients and it doesnt mention aspartame

I do drink alot of coffee but i wake up with the syptoms before ive had a coffee so not sure about that being the cause

any ideas or experience would be helpful

im having an ecg and blood tests later today

I used to get these a lot before I started the diet but I was told it was due to stress and anxiety, although saying that I did used to drink a lot of diet coke.

Since I've been doing a VLCD I have had maybe three heart palps in 27 days which considering I was getting them every day multiple times a day is amazing

Good luck with your medical tests later. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about :)

Has anyone experienced these on a vlcd

mine seem to have started around the time i started , but i have other symptoms too which are currently being investigated ...tinnitus and being off balance

ive also read that aspartame can cause palpitations , anyone heard of this , im using sweetners in my black coffee but ive read the ingredients and it doesnt mention aspartame

I do drink alot of coffee but i wake up with the syptoms before ive had a coffee so not sure about that being the cause

any ideas or experience would be helpful

im having an ecg and blood tests later today

Could be that there is no food to soak up the caffeine? I tend to have decaf as feel jittery when i have normal n thats after one, i am a bit,caffeine sensitive

Hi suze the palpitations are thuds rather than the fluttering that coffee/anxiety gives me
I also get them all day long , even first thing before ive even had a coffee

I just had an ecg and im having blood tests tommorrow so hopefully something will come of it

If it turns out aspartame IS the problem, Exante is I believe the only VLCD which doesnt have it in the packs

Geez, well i hope everything goes ok :) scarey stuff in a way for u i hope it is just the vlcd n not something else, perhaps its cos uve not got a lot to loose. Did u tell ur doc that ur doing the vlcd, what did he say?

No I didnt tell him and he didnt ask anything about my lifestyle , diet, smoking, coffee intake ????
He listened to my heart and checked my blood pressure then ordered tests , he said his main concern was the description of a single "thud" rather than a fluttering /shuddering feeling , I suppose normalish fluttering palpitations can be put down to stress, coffee , etc

Back