Heart rate monitor

Squeezyweezy

Gold Member
Hi guys,

I am going back to the gym next week :eek:
and I really want a heart rate monitor so I don't have to enter all the individual exercises into MFP.
Can anyone suggest a cheap and cheerful one. I have been looking and some are £60 +. Any advice would be greatly received. Also, do you find a HRM more accurate or not? :)

Squeezyweezy said:
Hi guys,

I am going back to the gym next week :eek:
and I really want a heart rate monitor so I don't have to enter all the individual exercises into MFP.
Can anyone suggest a cheap and cheerful one. I have been looking and some are £60 +. Any advice would be greatly received. Also, do you find a HRM more accurate or not? :)

Sorry can't help but I'm interested in answer, I'll repost in exercise forum x

Hello,i got mine off amazon. I was lookin at the expensive ones then found mine for £16, the review were good thats why i got that one. Its not the pretiest thing tho,lol. Xx

Hello,i got mine off amazon. I was lookin at the expensive ones then found mine for £16, the review were good thats why i got that one. Its not the pretiest thing tho,lol. Xx

Is yours a watch or a strap?? I'm not sure which is best? I don't fancy the idea of a strap. :)

Mine was 25 pounds from a huge shop called Decathlon in Glasgow. It was well reviewed and shows me the calorie and fat burn and I've set it up specifically for my age, height and weight. It has a chest strap but it's so comfy I hardly know it's there and it doesn't interfere with my workout. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Argos do a couple for just under £20, one of them says with chest strap, that one is also on ebay as a catalogue return @ £7.99 plus a pound delivery....Item number: 320745986612

Would it be possible to have the link for it because it sounds good :) thanks

Im sorry, i havent a clue how to do that, im a technophobe,lol. It was off amazon tho so you could just take a peek and see if any take ur fancey and they have eviews aswell to look at xx

I just bought one for £15 from amazon. It is without a chest strap because I didn't fancy wearing one, and it has had fantatsic reviews. I will report back when it has arrived and I have used it.

Someone gave the good advice that as long as you are able to punch in your age, sex and weight it should work well. Also make sure it counts calories if thats what you are wanting, because not all of them do. :)

Thanks for the link. I will investigate more tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Is this the sort which if you're a bit crazy like me you can wear constantly and measure your daily total burn, if that makes sense?

Thanks for the link. I will investigate more tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Is this the sort which if you're a bit crazy like me you can wear constantly and measure your daily total burn, if that makes sense?

I believe so. Not quite sure how it works yet. I know it keeps info from previous workouts, so you can add it all together and see wht you have done in a week. :) I will say researching them was like a mine field. It's all so confusing. Good luck :)

Back