Heartbroken :-(

CS1983

I gained 1/2lb last week unexpectedly. Was very good and exercised so didn't understand the gain. Really want to lose this week for sake if self confidence. Stood on my home scales this morning (always accurate) and 2lb off :) At work, had an apple and a salad. Came home and 4lb heavier than this morning!!!! Tomorrow I get weighed straight after work and I cannot deal with being told I've gained when for the past 2 weeks I have honestly been perfect and even been exercising. If I can gain 4lb with an apple and some salad (mainly lettuce) should I not eat at all until after a get weighed tomorrow evening? That will be really tough :-(

I gained 1/2lb last week unexpectedly. Was very good and exercised so didn't understand the gain. Really want to lose this week for sake if self confidence. Stood on my home scales this morning (always accurate) and 2lb off :) At work, had an apple and a salad. Came home and 4lb heavier than this morning!!!! Tomorrow I get weighed straight after work and I cannot deal with being told I've gained when for the past 2 weeks I have honestly been perfect and even been exercising. If I can gain 4lb with an apple and some salad (mainly lettuce) should I not eat at all until after a get weighed tomorrow evening? That will be really tough :-(

An apple and a salad would hardly come to 100 calories without dressing...it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. A litre of water weighs 2.2lbs.

From the morning until you go to bed at night your weight will natural fluctuate throughout the day as you drink and eat and most people can find themselves from three to five pounds heavier at night.

Also it is good to be aware that women tend to retain fluid around time of the month for a few days and if you under eat your body will hold onto its fat stores as it goes into survival mode so make sure you are eating enough especially protein.

If you want to accurately measure your weight loss then you weigh first thing in the morning when you get up after being to the loo and naked...

I am "due" tomorrow. Maybe that's the reason? Seems unfair though. Hopefully it'll show next week then. Thanks for the reply

I gained 3lbs last week because I was due, 5 days before start to take aqua ban it will help with water retention. There are also some great free apps to track ur due date accurately

I am "due" tomorrow. Maybe that's the reason? Seems unfair though. Hopefully it'll show next week then. Thanks for the reply

If you are due, then yes, you will put weight on but it is only water weight, not fat. Just wait a few days and once the period is gone the extra water will be gone too.

I agree with what's been said, always weight yourself at same time, in the morning, after using the toilet. Avoid weighting everyday thou as our weight tends to fluctuate a bit, I'd say weighting weekly is better as you can see a real loss.

Back