Heath Problems When Overweight.

Mrs Wobbly

When being overweight has anyone had any health problems?

The more weight i put on the worse my Arthritis is, at the moment the pains in my legs are gettiing worse, so i diet. Then guess what?....i stop. The more i stress the more i eat, the more i eat the weight goes on, the more the weight goes on the more pain i have.
Why oh why can i not stick to a diet :cry: I am so pathetic.

Anyone else my advise would be pull yourself together, if the pain is so bad lose the fat.

Hello!
I was overweight (not obese at that stage...), when I developped arthritis in my toe - agony! I stopped exercise and basically put on weight until now.
At the start of this year, I thought enough is enough...so...started trying to lose the excess and guess what, I now have arthritis in my knee - even more agony!!!
Difference this time, is that I know that losing weight and building muscle will only be of benefit and so I have not given in and I am trying to exercise through the pain (although I have had 4 days of being sofa bound earlier this week).

I have had to put myself in a different mind frame - at the moment is it a bit 'holier than thou'.

You can do it - you are not pathetic!

Back