1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Step 1 Sole Source + Heavy periods

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by skinnydream, 7 February 2014 Social URL.

1. skinnydream

skinnydream New Member

Hi I'm on day 3 and have got a real heavy period It's not even my totm and I normally only get really light flow for 2 days. Is this anything to do with diet? Start date 5th feb 2014 5ft 6" Start weight. 15 stone 1/2lb

Last edited: 7 February 2014
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lizwhite29

Lizwhite29 Well-Known Member

Yes defo. I've just finished week 5 and I've had 3 full on periods in this time. Search for periods in the cambridge section and loads of people report this. It's to do with the fat burning in ketosis that releases hormones.

Wk 1 -8lb
    Wk2 -6lb
    Wk3 -3lb
    Wk4 -4lb

4. skinnydream

skinnydream New Member

Thank you, I'll have a look! Does that mean I'm in ketosis already (how do you know)? This is first time doing any diet and everything all new to me. I'm feeling determined even all I can think off is wine ?ha x

5. Lizwhite29

Not to sure on the ketosis front. I'd say after day 3 you should be going into it. I felt really bad days 3-5 which was me going into it. Good luck with your diet, it's mind over matter. So worth it though, even the extra periods is worth it lol. Did you get any of the ketosis stick things to pee on?

Wk 1 -8lb
    Wk2 -6lb
    Wk3 -3lb
    Wk4 -4lb

6. skinnydream

skinnydream New Member

No not heard off them before, where can I buy them? Thanks I've headed to bed already tonight staying away from temptation. Mad to think not eating any food for weeks ?. Got 4 & 1/2 stone to lose so sticking with it x

7. Lizwhite29

My consultant gave me some. Ask if they have any. Yes I know what you mean about the thought of not eating but I'm on day 36, it's flown by. I want to lose 3 - 3 & half too. Enjoy your early night. X

Wk 1 -8lb
    Wk2 -6lb
    Wk3 -3lb
    Wk4 -4lb

8. shrinkingalice

shrinkingalice Well-Known Member

totally normal, i was having a 12 day cycle when on it last time and that was with the implant so this time i dread to think what my hormones will do!x

Mini likes this.
  9. Lizwhite29

Mines with the implant too. My CDC seemed quite worried though as 3 heavy in 5 weeks but I said I'll leave it a bit longer and see what happens.

Wk 1 -8lb
    Wk2 -6lb
    Wk3 -3lb
    Wk4 -4lb
    Wk5 -3lb

10. shrinkingalice

shrinkingalice Well-Known Member

If you are concerned then go to your doctor and mention it, and they will probably offer you a blood test just to check your iron levels x

11. Lizwhite29

Thanks. Will see what happens in the next few weeks. X

Wk 1 -8lb
    Wk2 -6lb
    Wk3 -3lb
    Wk4 -4lb
    Wk5 -3lb