Heeellp - Ketosis question :( *cross posted*

Hi Starlight

I thought I would just pop on here to see how you all are. You are still doing amazing.

Tish x

i personally go in to ketosis really quick
i know on atkins and vlcd's that it usually takes a person 2-3 days to test positive on the ketostix
i get the symptoms of ketosis with slimfast,before my evening meal!and i tested a few times and it said i was in ketosis.and thats while drinking lots of water.so i know i wasnt dehydrated.
so i believe its possible to be in ketosis on slimfast,but it would make things loads harder and i think your body would make its own mind up,as carbs and sugar do rule out ketosis.
some people moan that while on atkins or vlcd's that even having aspartame in drinks knocks them out or even chewing gum,i think it varies for everyone.
scientifically ketosis shouldnt really happen while consuming loads of carbs,otherwise there wouldnt really be any need to "diet".
i think if anyone wants to try and lose weight quicker they should try a vlcd like cambridge or high protein,like promax shakes or atkins!
i dont think ketosis should be mixed with slimfast anyway,just makes things confusing!
hope everyones okay today???
im a happy bunny because caramel slimfast shakes rule!!! cant believe im so happy because i love a slimfast shake hahaha xxxxx

Thank you for all the comments, advice and help guys.

I (think) I understand ketosis at least a little bit more now!

I've told myself it has nothing to do with slim fast. And from now on am going to try count calories (with slim fast) and have 1,200 per day.

Thanks again.

Elaine x

Back