Heffalump to Slinky: Journey to Less of Me

Thank you, it's such a horrible disease and it takes too many people.

Today's turned into a bit of a house sorting out kind of day (it's getting there, slowly... ;) ) and we didn't get the wooden spoon in the Rugby, so yay for that.

EE day today as my friend's coming over for dinner and specifically asked for my "lovely chicken curry" (it is lovely, but it's also super low fat and stuffed with veggies :D)

Brunch
Tomato Dyno Soup Free (90% S Free)
Chicken LFSNoodles Free
Mange Toute S Free

Snack
Pears S Free
Activia Raspberry FF Free

Dinner
Diet Coke Free
Brown Rice Free
Mange Tout S Free
Chicken Curry:
Chicken Free
Stock Free
Spices Free
Onion S Free
Green Beans S Free
Baby Corn S Free

Supper
350ml Skim Milk HExA
HiFi Bar HExB
30g S&V peanuts 9 Syns

Wii Dancing 15minutes, Wii Fit + 6Minutes (the board's not behaving at all) for a total of 163 kcals

Last edited:
Have been sorting out my wardrobe today - it's a big walk in cupboard with a chest of drawers in it and it badly needed it. Two hours in and I've 2 black bags of clothes (charity and rags) to go and an aching back. I also have all my socks in pairs and 3 pairs of jeans I didn't know I could fit into :D. I need to find some exercises that specifically target my spare tyre, as with a decent fitting bra (I rediscovered two I've not been able to wear for years, that I never wore much because they didn't fit very well and they really fit now. Hurrah!) it's the spare tyre that's making several tops look horrible on.

My weight seems to be going from funny places (my behind, back and thighs) and not the places that need it more (my arms, stomach and spare tyre), but I suppose it all will go eventually.

Right, another EE day today as I wanted a cooked breakfast :D

Brunch
Coffee Free
60ml Skim Milk (from 350ml HExA)
Bacon Free
Beans Free
1/2 Tsp Ketchup 1/2Syn
Eggs Free Scrambled with oodles of
Peppers S Free and
Mange Tout S Free

Snack
Pears S Free
Activia Rasp FF Free
Diet Coke Free
10g S&V Peanuts 3Syns

Dinner
Brown Rice Free
Sugar Snap Peas S Free
Chicken Curry as per yesterday Free & S Free

Supper
HiFi Bar HExB
290ml Skim Milk (from 350ml HExA)
Options Mint 2 Syns

Right, I'll be back to edit the rest of my eats in (but probably not exercise, unless it's yoga stretches for my back. The wardobe sorting totally counts!) but right now the rest of my wardrobe's strewn all over my spare room and I've someone coming to stay in it later in the week... :eek:

I'm really proud of the peanuts - bear with me... - I bought a biggish bag of them last tuesday and instead of just scoffing and repenting later I've weighed out an appropriate amount each day and really enjoyed them. I've got an issue with savoury snack foods (they're my crazy trigger food) so it's a really, really big deal that I've managed to do that (and without any in-head arguing about it, either :D)

Last edited:
Due to my extensive wardrobe clearing yesterday (final count 2 black bags stuffed with clothes to donate, 1 black bag stuffed with clothes to rag...which is revolting, and entirely due to me buying things without trying them on, and thinking "I'll slim into that" when they don't fit. Yesterday I worked out that quite a lot of them will NEVER fit right and just got rid) I'm wearing a practically "all new" outfit "shopped" from my wardrobe (all except my socks and shoes, in fact). I have jeans that I'd rejected as too tight, a tunic that used to cling horribly, an AMAZINGLY well-fitting bra (and I have 3, one black, one white and one nude...it's kind of incredible) and underwear I'm not constantly hauling up. I'm really not noticably much lighter, but my wardrobe adventures have confirmed to me that I'm definitely losing some inches :D. I feel pretty great today, actually.

breakfast
Lemon juice in hot water S Free
total 0% Free
Frozen berries S Free
Mango S Free

Snack
Activia raspberry FF Free
Pear S Free
Carrots S Free

Lunch
Tomato Dyno Soup Free (90% SFree)
Diet Coke Free
3 * Scan bran 1.5Syns
3* LCL Cheese 3/5 HExA

Snack
Activia raspberry FF Free
Diet Coke Free
Plums S Free
Carrots S Free

Dinner
Bacony Pasta:
Pasta Free
Bacon Free
Onions S Free
Peppers S Free
Tomatoes S Free
Garlic S Free
2* LCL Cheese 2/5 HExA

Supper
HiFi Bar HExB
Options 2 Syns

I suspect that'll change a bit on contact with the enemy, but that's roughly what I'm having today.

Wii Fit+ 52mins for 271 calories (the board's giving me all sorts of gyp. It's very annoying)

I'll need to make more magic soup tonight (I soaked and cooked the green lentils over the weekend, so they're sitting in the fridge, waiting), but other than a bit of pot juggling, that'll be easy to assemble when I'm cooking dinner :D

Last edited:
Synning

So, I've been deliberately trying to keep my syns on the higher side this week and from last WI (I don't eat any syns on WI day until after I've WI'd in the evening - I like to have a treat after) I've eaten 62 (or will have done, if I eat as per my plan, above. Can't see any reason why I wouldn't).

Which is acutally less than the 70 from an average 10 a day, but feels really high to me, anyway. Eating them is something I struggle with, so I'm slightly nervous to see how WI is tommorrow, but I definitely wanted to do this this week when I had nothing going on where things would be difficult to control, food wise - next week will be a bit of a challenge, I'll likely post about that in the next couple of days :D. So, roll on tommorrow so I can see what kind of impact it's made!

So lower syns yesterday (I'd run out of peanuts and I'm nervous about WI tonight) and despite the world's most enormous dinner (honestly, I was stuffed afterwards and couldn't do any of the upside down yoga positions even an hour and a half later) I'm freaking ravenous this morning (and having issues eating as I was rushed and had to bring my breakfast to work and the guy sitting opposite me's been sniffing and snorting since I got in. It's revolting :(). Anyway, hopefully the higher syns and infinite quantities of cabbage in my soup and sauerkraut will have done reasonably and I'll be able to keep up higher syn eating *fingers crossed*. I'm looking forward to class - I always do - but, you know, nervous.

Green Day today.

Breakfast
Hot Water and Lemon Juice S Free
Total 0% Free (if I ever get it down my neck)
Frozen Berries S Free (still quite frozen. Not a good thing)

Lunch
Sauerkraut S Free
Revised Tomato Dyno Soup (more lentils) Free (85% S Free)

Snack
Fibre Plus Bar HExB (post WI)

Dinner
Brocolli Pasta'n'sauce 1/2 Syn
6* Mini Babybel Lights 2* HExA

Supper
HiFi Bar HExB
Options 2 Syns with
70ml Baileys 11syns

No snack this morning because it took me so blinking long to eat breakfast this morning that it was practically lunchtime when I finished!

Am going shopping on the way home and fancy something a bit treaty (15syns) for tea so I'll see what happens there. EDT: Failed miserably at finy at finding anything treaty I thought was worth the syns, so I'm having baileys in my hot chocolate instead :D

Last edited:
:scale: Another 1.5lbs bites the dust :party0049: and I got my bronze body magic award, too :character00116:

(Of course, I'm very achy tonight and didn't get in until after 8, so I'm not feeling much like moving tonight, but I'll be back on and working to my silver tommorow.)

All in all, a successful week :bliss:

Hi hun! Finally found your diary.. yeayyy :p

:clap: well done on your weight loss! hurrraaaahhhh!!!

I'm going to get a cup of tea and read through now :p teehee! xx

Morning to any readers :D. So syns at night definitely mean I'm less starvingly hungry in the morning (even, apparently, when they're mostly alcohol...:eek:) I'm going shopping again tonight (to a different supermarket, in the hopes it'll have the stuff the one last night didn't...) so I'll need to have a look and think about what I want to spend syns on. Capricorn's got me thinking about wraps (I do a lovely beany chilli that's nicer in a wrap with a bit of cheese) so I might have syns in my dinner instead of spending on treats. Ahhh decisions.

Monday's body magic's left me all achy around the stomach muscles and obliques (which were the bits I was aiming on working, so, urm, hurrah!) so I'll need to have a really good think about what I want to do exercise-wise today. I might be as well having a 1/2hour yomp at lunchtime and dancing a bit later on (if I can work out which routines won't leave me wincing!). Ah well, it's a sign I worked the right bits, right? :p

Probably green today, but eating EE quantities of SFree just in case.

Breakfast
Lemon in hot water S Free
Grapes S Free (see, really not hungry. Also my frozen berry mix looks a bit sad today and is still very frozen)

Snack
Muller light Free
Grapes S Free

Lunch
Grande Coffee Light Frappe with Peppermint 8.5Syns (no, I have no idea, really not hungry. I'll have my soup as a snack later)

Snack
Grapes S Free
Tomato Dyno Soup Free (85% S Free)

Dinner
Stir Fry:
Carvery Ham Free
Beansprouts S Free
Carrots S Free
Cabbage S Free
Garlic Teryaki sauce 1 syn

Supper
Fibre Plus HExB
350ml Skim Milk HExA

I need to work out eating strategies for this weekend - I've a friend coming for a girlie weekend and we usually eat a lot of rubbish, so.... We're going to Yo! Sushi on Saturday (I'll have a big bowl of soup for lunch before she arrives, and maybe some coleslaw, so I'm fuller, but I need to work out low-syn options for there and the eating out thread just points me to a page that no longer exists) and then the theatre (diet coke and HexB hifi - ice cream and gin, begone! ;)).

Sunday I've said I'll cook a curry rather than getting in a take away and I'm going to experiment with onion bajis and see if I can fake something chicken pakora-esque.

Monday we're going out to a really nice vegan restuarant that I know I can get low syn potato and lentil curry at....

And I'm going to tell her about SW. Which is a relatively big deal because I've not told many people and I've had some really strange reactions from the few people who do know. She's lovely and supportive of me usually, and very even keeled (not so of all my friends!) but weight's such a weird topic and it makes people very peculiar sometimes. I'm just a bit nervous.

Exercise: 25minute walk at lunchtime (subtracted 10minutes for starbucks line & traffic lights) - it's an utterly lovely day here today and I work in a gorgeous bit of a beautiful city (all old sandstone buildings and modern award-winning architecture and a beautiful, revitalised riverfront) and I really, really enjoyed my walk. Even the bit up the very, very steep hill (there's a handrail for part of it!). T'was good for the soul.
15minute walk after work SUCH a gorgeous day, I needed to be out in it! :D
20minutes WiiFit+ (must get estimated calories b/c it was mostly balance stuff. I hadn't actually intended to do anything other than log my walking!)

EDT: Hi Ela_ine - I'm just destined to crossposts with you today apparently! :D Welcome to my brain... :eek:

Last edited:
Okay - so one and a half cups of tea later :p here I am - ready to reply!
I'm really pleased with myself for getting up and moving :character00115: - I really didn't want to when 8pm rolled around (I'm too hungry when I get in from work to not eat, then I need to digest dinner, so it's late) but I feel SO much better for doing it (and warm, which is good and cheaper than putting the heat on!) :D

:bunnydance: My behind's a wee bit achy (mostly from the yoga, I think, but possibly from some unseemly shoogling of it when I was dancing...) but I'm really very chuffed indeed that I've done it:wee:

Whoot! :bunnydance: way to go you - no wonder you are achy with all that body magic! Good going!! :happy096: What kind of yoga do you do? Is this on the wii fit as well? I do have wii fit plus, but I'm all or nothing with it! (I live at home since finishing my MA and) my brother and I (he's 16, I have no excuse :p) get waaaaayy competative with the leader board! teehee! :giggle:

However, I've never tried the yoga - always been too scared :ashamed0005:, I've done the muscle exercise a few times but I mostly do aerobic and balance games (HELLO I am the BEST at the football heading, just saying :p) or the training plus!
Would love to be able to do, or should I say 'practice' the art of yoga.. and they do have classes at my gym.. but being so big I just think I will look and feel like a big heffer!
Saying that - I don't know what I must look like running around and sweating buckets with body attack :giggle:

Cheers Capricorn,

It's such a horrible disease and it's never fair when someone's story ends too early; I think it helps to postively make something good come out of it - to take the motivation from their loss.

Is your trek connected with your sister? I think I want to start thinking about doing something like that - squeeze every last drop of positive I can for her, she was very determined and postive herself, it seems very fitting to carry that on.

I'm kind of hoping that eventually my body'll get up and do the exercise while my brain's still asleep (my co-ordination couldn't be any worse anyway!) ;)

Hi Wenchie

Yep -we lost my sis to ovarian cancer - she was fighting to the end and determined that she was going to get better -she kept so much quiet -but it was her illness and we just dealt with it HER way, and the trek is for the "women for women" charity -which is run by Dr. Robert Winston and focuses on all things like womens cancers, birth defects, fertility issues etc.
The reason I settled on this particular trek was firstly because a lot of them are bike ones and I don't want painful nether regions :p -Id rather have sore feet :Dand the actual trek is over my sisters birthday and my mums birthday (she had a mastectomy about 18 months ago) -so really I couldn't "not" do it could I !!!! -its not until the 17-27 September NEXT year if you feel like joining in ;) - I hope to be able to sit on top of some hill in Nepal on her birthday and be able to say "look sis I did it" -both about the trek and getting the weight off like I promised...
Im sure your friend will be proud of you no matter what you choose to do-think of her when you need a little extra strength Im sure it will push you forward -I swear I really don't think I would have made all these changes if it wasn't for thinking about my sis when I get weak moments..

Anyway My lovely -keep up the great work -we are getting there

I am so saddened to hear what you have both recently had to go through, and of course, sorry for your loss. Cancer is a horrible disease that takes so many lifes, too young, too soon.
My Mum recently had a scare, which has resulted in (this far *crosses fingers* a hysterectomy.. but who knows.
I have been working for a cancer charity (Marie Curie) since September last year (I used to work in Politics - so the switch was a big one) and it's honestly the best thing I could be doing. Every week I hear lovely stories and memories from friends and families, it's so nice to know that things like this can go on... like with the trecks and runs - it simply is amazing.

Capricorn - so inspired by what you are doing for your sister, would go and sponsor you - had I not already :p
Wenchie - a run is such a great way of raising funds, and also a personal challenge for yourself too. Best of luck both of you! I am taking part in a swimathon for Marie Curie Cacer Care.. which will (apparently) see me swim 5K (240 lengths!!!) three weeks tomorrow! Bring on these personal memorial challenges :)

Good call on the nether regions! We're designed for walking, and I think you'll get to see more of the landscape that speed, too. What a truly wonderful way to honour your sister :)

I've been doing some googling, and if nothing else I'm going to sign up for next year's 5k - once the weather's better& the days longer I'll start looking at the couch to 5k plan.

Thank you SO much for taking the time with me today - you have no idea how much it's meant.

I want to be able to run SO much, I have tried C25K challenge THREE times with no luck - I am utterly rubbish at it!
Have been sorting out my wardrobe today - it's a big walk in cupboard with a chest of drawers in it and it badly needed it. Two hours in and I've 2 black bags of clothes (charity and rags) to go and an aching back. I also have all my socks in pairs and 3 pairs of jeans I didn't know I could fit into :D. I need to find some exercises that specifically target my spare tyre, as with a decent fitting bra (I rediscovered two I've not been able to wear for years, that I never wore much because they didn't fit very well and they really fit now. Hurrah!) it's the spare tyre that's making several tops look horrible on.

My weight seems to be going from funny places (my behind, back and thighs) and not the places that need it more (my arms, stomach and spare tyre), but I suppose it all will go eventually.

Wow - firstly - how jealous of your wadrobe am I?! It sounds awesome!
It's a shame I wasn't skinnier - you could have sold your clothes to me (ha ha :giggle) I wish my back would get slimmer! I hate the ammount of back fat I have - ergh! Although I have plently that needs moving from stomach and arms (arms are the worst and I hate them) I would love to have thighs slim enough to fit in to normal jeans, opposed to weird stretchy things!

Right, another EE day today as I wanted a cooked breakfast :D

Brunch
Coffee Free
60ml Skim Milk (from 350ml HExA)
Bacon Free
Beans Free
1/2 Tsp Ketchup 1/2Syn
Eggs Free Scrambled with oodles of
Peppers S Free and
Mange Tout S Free

Snack
Pears S Free
Activia Rasp FF Free
Diet Coke Free
10g S&V Peanuts 3Syns

Dinner
Brown Rice Free
Sugar Snap Peas S Free
Chicken Curry as per yesterday Free & S Free

Supper
HiFi Bar HExB
290ml Skim Milk (from 350ml HExA)
Options Mint 2 Syns

Right, I'll be back to edit the rest of my eats in (but probably not exercise, unless it's yoga stretches for my back. The wardobe sorting totally counts!) but right now the rest of my wardrobe's strewn all over my spare room and I've someone coming to stay in it later in the week... :eek:

I'm really proud of the peanuts - bear with me... - I bought a biggish bag of them last tuesday and instead of just scoffing and repenting later I've weighed out an appropriate amount each day and really enjoyed them. I've got an issue with savoury snack foods (they're my crazy trigger food) so it's a really, really big deal that I've managed to do that (and without any in-head arguing about it, either :D)

Oh I love the way you write out your diary :D Also - looks like you have the same ammount of food as me... and.. SNACKS! A lot of people don't include snacks on the food diary (or maybe they just don't each them :p) I am ALWAYS snacking, but it's free or syn free food, so that's okay, right?

:scale: Another 1.5lbs bites the dust :party0049: and I got my bronze body magic award, too :character00116:

(Of course, I'm very achy tonight and didn't get in until after 8, so I'm not feeling much like moving tonight, but I'll be back on and working to my silver tommorow.)

All in all, a successful week :bliss:

Yesssss!!! :bliss: that's great news hun! Before you know it you'll be getting your silver body magic and whooo your next sticker!! Alas I am still only on one sticker (my half stone) although my stone award has been taunting me for the longest time... I keep falling to 2.5lbs away and then bam! I have a gain! :mad:

Morning to any readers :D. So syns at night definitely mean I'm less starvingly hungry in the morning (even, apparently, when they're mostly alcohol...:eek:) I'm going shopping again tonight (to a different supermarket, in the hopes it'll have the stuff the one last night didn't...) so I'll need to have a look and think about what I want to spend syns on. Capricorn's got me thinking about wraps (I do a lovely beany chilli that's nicer in a wrap with a bit of cheese) so I might have syns in my dinner instead of spending on treats. Ahhh decisions.

Monday's body magic's left me all achy around the stomach muscles and obliques (which were the bits I was aiming on working, so, urm, hurrah!) so I'll need to have a really good think about what I want to do exercise-wise today. I might be as well having a 1/2hour yomp at lunchtime and dancing a bit later on (if I can work out which routines won't leave me wincing!). Ah well, it's a sign I worked the right bits, right? :p

Probably green today, but eating EE quantities of SFree just in case.

Breakfast
Lemon in hot water S Free
Grapes S Free (see, really not hungry. Also my frozen berry mix looks a bit sad today and is still very frozen)

Snack
Muller light Free
Grapes S Free

I'll be back to edit in food and movement later on. I need to work out eating strategies for this weekend - I've a friend coming for a girlie weekend and we usually eat a lot of rubbish, so.... We're going to Yo! Sushi on Saturday (I'll have a big bowl of soup for lunch before she arrives, and maybe some coleslaw, so I'm fuller, but I need to work out low-syn options for there and the eating out thread just points me to a page that no longer exists) and then the theatre (diet coke and HexB hifi - ice cream and gin, begone! ;)).

Sunday I've said I'll cook a curry rather than getting in a take away and I'm going to experiment with onion bajis and see if I can fake something chicken pakora-esque.

Monday we're going out to a really nice vegan restuarant that I know I can get low syn potato and lentil curry at....

And I'm going to tell her about SW. Which is a relatively big deal because I've not told many people and I've had some really strange reactions from the few people who do know. She's lovely and supportive of me usually, and very even keeled (not so of all my friends!) but weight's such a weird topic and it makes people very peculiar sometimes. I'm just a bit nervous.

EDT: Hi Ela_ine - I'm just destined to crossposts with you today apparently! :D Welcome to my brain... :eek:

Sounds great hun! I LOVE yosushi! So much! The only problem I find is that if you go when you are hungry, like I do! (I'm not always hungry, I promise:ashamed0005:) I end up getting so much! Like four plates or something - and it's not the cheapest place ever. :giggle: Okay so I must sound like a complete cheap skate :p

I didn't really like sushi until I moved to Canada and then my roommate and I used to go for an 'all you can eat sushi' (kind of like chinese buffets we have) for $6 or something ridiculous! And I looove it!

Okay, will definitely stop blabbing now - I am so sorry I went waffling on and clogged up your diary! Eeeek! Next time it will be short and sweet - I promise :rolleyes:

Anyway, have an ace day, good luck with your shopping and food choices for the rest of the day!!!

xx

Hey Ela ine :) - yep, it's the Wiifit yoga I do :D. I did get some input from a friend about what to do (because touching my toes is unlikely to happen any time soon and there's no guidance on what's suitable for unbendy newbies) - the sun salutation (at the toes bit, just let you arms dangle and concentrate on stretching/rolling down your lower back), the warrior pose, the half moon pose (HARD work) and the downward facing dog are the ones I do and I can really feel some benefit from all of them. I have my BFF on the Wii as well and he's MUCH better at the balancy and strength stuff than me, so we compete there (and then I beat him at the boxing to make myself feel better :D) - I think it can be really motivating!

I'd say it's definitely worth having a go on the wii to see if you like it, and then if you do maybe trying out a class - it's incredibly good for toning, posture and balance so it's a good addition to the cardio I think.

Thank you for your thoughts - I hope your mum remains well now :) and WOW; that sounds like an incredibly rewarding job, thank you for doing it.

Oooh! The swimming challenge sounds fantastic! How's the practice going? I must get signed up and not just think about it. I wonder if I can get the dates for the "shine" walk to work for me, it sounds pretty interesting (and I wonder if there's someone I could make do it with me ;)). Must do something.

I need to get proper trainers (maybe this weekend) and then just stop making excuses and go for the couch to (2)5k. I really enjoyed my walk at lunchtime today, anyway (it's a start? :D)

I am INCREDIBLY spoiled with my wardrobe - when I moved it we joked it was like going to Narnia! - but you deserve better than my stretched out top-of-weight clothes. If I go out of this new size as quickly they'll still be in nice nick though and I'll see if people want them :D. Ooh! What size are you? M&S outlets have some £15 per una (theoretically!) jeans that are quite lycra'd but are a normal shape and they go up to a 22 (which is sometimes more like a 24/6 and sometimes more like a 16, depending on the cut/dye batch).

I carry the bulk of my weight on my stomach (and arms. Uhg :(. I keep doing that chicken flight game to try and help them!) but it does all have to go eventually no matter how it sets itself out in trouble spots right now *repeats as mantra*

*hee* I really don't know how people could survive without snacks! I'm totally stuck in the routine of something in the morning and something in the afternoon and if I don't have that available and planned I get ravenous (I don't always want them, when it comes time, but I need to have them available) - and then I read other people's diaries and wonder if I'm eating too pig-like, but it's working and I'm not going off my head so I'm going to stick with it :D. I started eating like that before I started writing my diary, which is where the layout came from, but it's very easy for me to see what I'm doing like that (and I can be extremely dim of an evening... :D)

Thank you! I've been very much a plodder-along in my class, which can be a bit frustrating when people lose 4+ in a week, but it seems to be fairly sustainable and I'll be at this a while no matter what so I'll keep on chipping away.

You're doing well, as well - just making the change and working at the plan (and all your gyming! You're a body magician :D) is a big thing, you know what you're doing and you'll get your next shiney - you're right on your way right now!

Yo can definitely be a bit dangerous! Those grey plates.... I usually fill up on the miso soup (£2 for a bottomless bowl, must calc the syns) and sparkling water (I am also a cheapskate ;)). I think there's some nutritional info available online so I'll have a go at working out what the syns are in things that I like that look at the lower end of the syn scale (so: nothing fried!) and I'll try and make sure I'm absolutely not hungry as well (I think that has to be key with that - and if I fill up on SFree then it's still an EE day, even if I don't manage 1/3 in yo itself!)

Blab away! It's lovely to know I'm not talking to myself :eek: and I'm entirely a babble-friendly zone! :D. Have a cracking rest-of-day!

I've had a very peculiar eating pattern today and I'm blaming the grapes - they're awfully high in sugar, for fruit, and I think they're sending odd signals about hunger. So. No more grapes unless they're frozen (or I apparently tend to pig out on them to the detriment of all other things... :eek:).

I'm going to try and pick up some melon, grapefruit and mango tonight (the supermarket's not all that good.... :rolleyes:)

Hey Ela ine :) - yep, it's the Wiifit yoga I do :D. I did get some input from a friend about what to do (because touching my toes is unlikely to happen any time soon and there's no guidance on what's suitable for unbendy newbies) - the sun salutation (at the toes bit, just let you arms dangle and concentrate on stretching/rolling down your lower back), the warrior pose, the half moon pose (HARD work) and the downward facing dog are the ones I do and I can really feel some benefit from all of them. I have my BFF on the Wii as well and he's MUCH better at the balancy and strength stuff than me, so we compete there (and then I beat him at the boxing to make myself feel better :D) - I think it can be really motivating!

Awww, sounds great! That's so nice to have that support there! I guess I have my brother - but it's more competitive . and he hates anything to do with weight loss etc on the wii! hahah! He thinks it's 'spoiling it' :p

I'd say it's definitely worth having a go on the wii to see if you like it, and then if you do maybe trying out a class - it's incredibly good for toning, posture and balance so it's a good addition to the cardio I think.

Thank you for your thoughts - I hope your mum remains well now :) and WOW; that sounds like an incredibly rewarding job, thank you for doing it.

Oooh! The swimming challenge sounds fantastic! How's the practice going? I must get signed up and not just think about it. I wonder if I can get the dates for the "shine" walk to work for me, it sounds pretty interesting (and I wonder if there's someone I could make do it with me ;)). Must do something.

I need to get proper trainers (maybe this weekend) and then just stop making excuses and go for the couch to (2)5k. I really enjoyed my walk at lunchtime today, anyway (it's a start? :D)

Where about's do you live hun? Marie Curie have events all over the UK, and eee the walk 10 are beautiful things to do! I plan to do one this summer.. although I'll probably have moved house by then, so will be travelling to it :p

I am INCREDIBLY spoiled with my wardrobe - when I moved it we joked it was like going to Narnia! - but you deserve better than my stretched out top-of-weight clothes. If I go out of this new size as quickly they'll still be in nice nick though and I'll see if people want them :D. Ooh! What size are you? M&S outlets have some £15 per una (theoretically!) jeans that are quite lycra'd but are a normal shape and they go up to a 22 (which is sometimes more like a 24/6 and sometimes more like a 16, depending on the cut/dye batch).

Eeee narnia! :D Do you live with your best friend then? I moved home (sure I mentioned) so am living here for the while, my Mum just had me a new wadrobe fitted and it's beauty!

I carry the bulk of my weight on my stomach (and arms. Uhg :(. I keep doing that chicken flight game to try and help them!) but it does all have to go eventually no matter how it sets itself out in trouble spots right now *repeats as mantra*

*hee* I really don't know how people could survive without snacks! I'm totally stuck in the routine of something in the morning and something in the afternoon and if I don't have that available and planned I get ravenous (I don't always want them, when it comes time, but I need to have them available) - and then I read other people's diaries and wonder if I'm eating too pig-like, but it's working and I'm not going off my head so I'm going to stick with it :D. I started eating like that before I started writing my diary, which is where the layout came from, but it's very easy for me to see what I'm doing like that (and I can be extremely dim of an evening... :D)

Oh, as do I hun! my arms are huuuugee! Definitely my worst part (yuck!) I'm going to measure them later and tell you exactly how big! But looking at them in pictures is bad enough! What chicken flight game? :gimi:

Thank you! I've been very much a plodder-along in my class, which can be a bit frustrating when people lose 4+ in a week, but it seems to be fairly sustainable and I'll be at this a while no matter what so I'll keep on chipping away.

You're doing well, as well - just making the change and working at the plan (and all your gyming! You're a body magician :D) is a big thing, you know what you're doing and you'll get your next shiney - you're right on your way right now!

Yes - I am very much of a plodder too! Or a two steps forward three steps back. :eek: Le sigh - we'll get there! We will, we will!

Yo can definitely be a bit dangerous! Those grey plates.... I usually fill up on the miso soup (£2 for a bottomless bowl, must calc the syns) and sparkling water (I am also a cheapskate ;)). I think there's some nutritional info available online so I'll have a go at working out what the syns are in things that I like that look at the lower end of the syn scale (so: nothing fried!) and I'll try and make sure I'm absolutely not hungry as well (I think that has to be key with that - and if I fill up on SFree then it's still an EE day, even if I don't manage 1/3 in yo itself!)

Blab away! It's lovely to know I'm not talking to myself :eek: and I'm entirely a babble-friendly zone! :D. Have a cracking rest-of-day!

You are definitely not talking to yourself you ninny :p and now I've found you I'll pop in for a waffle alll the time :D teehee! x

Morning :D. It's another gorgeous day here (almost gorgeous enough to make up for the fact I had to start work an hour and a half earlier than usual this morning!).

I picked up some Vitamin E skin oil (it's on offer in superdrug atm, if anyone's interested) and tried it out last night overnight (my skin's really pretty good right now, but I have a very distinct Tzone thing going on) and I'm claiming success thus far - my skin felt lovely when I got up. I'm going to try it underneath my moisturiser tommorrow morning as well (I'm crap at foundation, etc, so it's better if my skin is just better and I can use tinted moisturiser).

Hey Ela ine - ahh, aren't brothers just delightful! Mine's finally (theoretically) a proper grown up, but he's still irrational about some competition between us :D. Anyway, losing weight's just a side effect of you being the best at all the Wii games - right? ;). Ooh, the chicken game's just under "perfect10" on the fitplus - lots of arm flapping to "fly" to various targets (I did rather a lot of it last night and am feeling it a bit today on the top and bottom of my arms, so I figure it's targetting the right bits). You measure yours and I'll do mine (I need to find a tape measure or something). The thought terrifies me, but it would be nice to measure progress...

I live just outside Glasgow (and work in the city centre) so there definitely are some events near me. They're not always super easy to get to, but I figure even if I have to get a taxi it's still doable!

You did mention you were back in the nest, yep - that's always an interesting adjustment (I think I managed about 3 weeks after uni before I moved back out again, but I was lucky with the job market and a cheap share with a friend), but nice to get a wee bit "spoiled" if you can live there without it driving you bonkers (I was out from 17 to 25 and I think it was just too long to come back from).

I'm currently living in splendid isolation :D (it's taken a while to be able to afford it, and a bit of meandering through a deeply unsuitable relationship, but I'm there at last). I love my BFF to bits - he's very much been the most stable constant through my entire adult life and would help me bury the bodies - but I'd murder him if we had to live together! :D

Yes. We absolutely WILL get there - we didn't get to where we are overnight, either, so a meandering path isn't a bad thing now.

Hurrah! Waffling :D.

EE today I think (depends on what I want for tea) - editing to follow.

Breakfast
Hot Water and Lemon S Free
Total 0% Free
Strawberries S Free
Mango S Free

Snack
Melon S Free
Grapes S Free (the last of them!)
Plum S Free
Muller Light Free

Lunch
Sauerkraut S Free
Diet Coke Free

Snack
2* Scanbran oat 1 Syns
2* LCL Cheese 2/5 HExA
Plums S Free

Dinner
Veggie Fried Rice Free (40% S Free - thanks Elaine!)
Ham Teryaki Stir Fry 1/2Syn (90% S Free)

Supper
Fibre Plus Bar HExB
210Ml Skim Milk 3/5 HExA
Mini Crunchie 4Syns (Very dissapointing :( - too sweet and make me feel sick!)

Walked 15minutes to further away station (lovely morning and set up the day nicely) Wii fit+ (will get time off the machine when I get home - and I suspect I body magic-ed a ton laughing at my BFF not managing to box... :D)

Last edited:
AHRG! One of my colleagues (who is lovely and not usually based in our office) just came in with FOUR BOXES OF CAKES :cry:I don't (and haven't for months) eat chocolate in the office, so those are easy to avoid, and I'm STUFFED from lunch, but still. No Fair! It's much easier to resist what isn't there and being mindlessly muched on by all around you (and definitely easier to avoid what isn't being solicitiously offered to you!). I'm just going to go over there(>) for a moment and have a paddy about it :grumble: (does that count as body magic, do you think?)

ANYWAY: Any input on the next bit would be lovely. My BFF's just text me to remind me he's coming over for dinner tonight and I was going to have the 2nd half of my stirfry veggies with ham tonight which won't stretch to him very well! What can I suppliment to that that will work for both me on EE and him with hollow legs? I've got the world's rubbishest teeny tesco on the way home, which often doesn't have what one's looking for, so I could do with some options.... :confused::confused:

Morning :D. It's another gorgeous day here (almost gorgeous enough to make up for the fact I had to start work an hour and a half earlier than usual this morning!).
I picked up some Vitamin E skin oil (it's on offer in superdrug atm, if anyone's interested) and tried it out last night overnight (my skin's really pretty good right now, but I have a very distinct Tzone thing going on) and I'm claiming success thus far - my skin felt lovely when I got up. I'm going to try it underneath my moisturiser tommorrow morning as well (I'm crap at foundation, etc, so it's better if my skin is just better and I can use tinted moisturiser).

Hey Ela ine - ahh, aren't brothers just delightful! Mine's finally (theoretically) a proper grown up, but he's still irrational about some competition between us :D. Anyway, losing weight's just a side effect of you being the best at all the Wii games - right? ;). Ooh, the chicken game's just under "perfect10" on the fitplus - lots of arm flapping to "fly" to various targets (I did rather a lot of it last night and am feeling it a bit today on the top and bottom of my arms, so I figure it's targetting the right bits). You measure yours and I'll do mine (I need to find a tape measure or something). The thought terrifies me, but it would be nice to measure progress...

I live just outside Glasgow (and work in the city centre) so there definitely are some events near me. They're not always super easy to get to, but I figure even if I have to get a taxi it's still doable!

You did mention you were back in the nest, yep - that's always an interesting adjustment (I think I managed about 3 weeks after uni before I moved back out again, but I was lucky with the job market and a cheap share with a friend), but nice to get a wee bit "spoiled" if you can live there without it driving you bonkers (I was out from 17 to 25 and I think it was just too long to come back from).

I'm currently living in splendid isolation :D (it's taken a while to be able to afford it, and a bit of meandering through a deeply unsuitable relationship, but I'm there at last). I love my BFF to bits - he's very much been the most stable constant through my entire adult life and would help me bury the bodies - but I'd murder him if we had to live together! :D

Yes. We absolutely WILL get there - we didn't get to where we are overnight, either, so a meandering path isn't a bad thing now.

Hurrah! Waffling :D.

EE today I think (depends on what I want for tea) - editing to follow.

Breakfast
Hot Water and Lemon S Free
Total 0% Free
Strawberries S Free
Mango S Free

Snack
Melon S Free
Grapes S Free (the last of them!)
Plum S Free
Muller Light Free

Lunch
Sauerkraut S Free
Diet Coke Free

Snack
5* Scanbran oat HExB
5* LCL Cheese HExA
Plums S Free

Dinner
TBC!

Oh! Must nip to superdrug then! Working on my skin, so I am :p (I'm not irish - I promise)

My brothers are both terrors - but gotta lvoe them eh?!

I have a BFF too.. it's like we're married or something.. and I am moving in with him soon (eeeek!)

Great food lovely pie! Very proud of you and your sticking to the plan - ness :D

AHRG! One of my colleagues (who is lovely and not usually based in our office) just came in with FOUR BOXES OF CAKES :cry:I don't (and haven't for months) eat chocolate in the office, so those are easy to avoid, and I'm STUFFED from lunch, but still. No Fair! It's much easier to resist what isn't there and being mindlessly muched on by all around you (and definitely easier to avoid what isn't being solicitiously offered to you!). I'm just going to go over there(>) for a moment and have a paddy about it :grumble: (does that count as body magic, do you think?)

ANYWAY: Any input on the next bit would be lovely. My BFF's just text me to remind me he's coming over for dinner tonight and I was going to have the 2nd half of my stirfry veggies with ham tonight which won't stretch to him very well! What can I suppliment to that that will work for both me on EE and him with hollow legs? I've got the world's rubbishest teeny tesco on the way home, which often doesn't have what one's looking for, so I could do with some options.... :confused::confused:

DO NOT EAT THE CAKE

CAKE IS OUR ENEMY

DO NOT EAT THE CAKE

:copon: :patback: :ignore: :whistle: :copon: :patback: :ignore: :copon: :patback: :whistle: :doh:

In other, and much better, brighter, more positive news - on to things you can eat :D

- Dried noddles (free - and nice with some soy sauce)
either mix them into the stir fry or whack some *cough* brocoli in, and serve on the side.
- Beef stir fry! Buy a pack of beansprouts, chuck them in your stirfry and whack thin strips of beef in there - nomnomom
- Egg (and brocoli) fried rice add the cooked rice to a frying pan with a few sprays of fry light, whisk in (and scramble 1/2 eggs) add some cooked frozen peas and brocoli (see what I did there) tiny spray of soy and delicious.
Make a whole pan and have half each - with the stir fry.
- Chicken fried rice If the thought of rice has got you in an aunthentic tizzy, fear not, for I have more rice ideas. Prepare egg and brocoli fried rice, as before.. add in some essential (and cheap) kitchen items such as a free stock cube! chopped onions, finely chopped spring onion/chopped chillis/maybe even peppers) and purchase some chicken breasts (or better still, ask him to bring some :D) Cook together for a chicken, brocoli frieed vegetable dish, and serve with hammy stir fry (if you can manage it)

All this talk of food has got me hungry, so I'm off to the fridge to remove my lunch from the tupper wear and consume.

Have a nice day now x

Well, now I'm reduced to giggles and everyone's staring at me - but I feel a heap better about the ruddy cakes, so result! Thank you! :D:D

all SD's VitaminE stuff's on offer right now - I really like it, it's not too heavy or harsh and it smells quite nice and it's at an affordable price even at full whack (you can be Irish if you want ;)).

Ah, yes, got to love them, not allowed to dangle them out the window by their ankles :D

*g* - I swear, the number of times I've been asked if my BBF and I are together! (I love him to death and all that, but No. Really, just. BAD. :D). It's lovely to have a male perspective about things that isn't romantic (and doesn't have familial baggage attached to it). Every girl should have one.

Whee! I can't believe I didn't think of making some kind of rice-thingie to go with! I am obviously having a very special kind of brain day today... :rolleyes:. THANK YOU! Awesome ideas and covers all the bases in case Tesco fails to provide :thankyou:.

Whee, I'm all positive and happy on-plan-in-my-head again!

Have a stellar afternoon!

Back