Helen's quest for good health!

sleepytimesadie said:
Sounds like a good choice to me... feta is 3.5 per 28g and isn't on hexa although if it was me, naughty as I am I would hexa it as a tweak, it isn't that bad a cheese and to be honest you have to allow for eating out occasionly...xx

Mumma K said:
Id hex it as a tweak as well ...because lets face it some of the SW rules are a bit daft lol

ginlin said:
I'm another one who would tweak the feta too!;)

Hope you had a fab shopping trip!

lsf666 said:
I'm a tweaker too :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

maz8 said:

Haha you bunch of tweakers.. Don't usually tweak but have done today! Thanks you lot x

Had a tiring day shopping! Bought a pair of shoes in the sale that ended up being Kurt Geiger (well Miss KG which is apparently Kurt Geiger), didn't buy any clothes as feeling so motivated that I didn't want to buy any and they be too big soon! Over than that just had to get bits and bobs like cards and pressies and run a few errands.

Tuesday 21st August (OFF)

Breakfast: 35g All Bran Golden Crunch (HEB), vanilla yoghurt

Lunch: Greek salad (4x olives 0.5 / balsamic glaze 0.5 / feta cheese HEA) ... Tweak alert!

Dinner: fajita chicken (seasoning 2.0), tortilla (7.0), ww petit pain (HEB), 45g rf cheddar (HEA), 4 tbsp salsa (1.0)

Snacks: flat peach

Drinks: water, squash

Total syns: 11.0

Positives:
1) didn't buy clothes as am determined to lose more weight first
2) despite being hungry at lunchtime I found the good choice of salad rather than naughty stuff on offer and really enjoyed it
3) instead of having 2 tortilla like usual I chose to use my HEB and have a roll instead which was just as good
4) had planned on having a chocolate mousse after dinner and within syns but decided I didn't need it after I'd finished
5) Mark said my bum looks good lol (but said he doesn't want it to disappear!)
6) Mark then said my boobs look bigger and asked if I had a new bra, I said no and he said it must be as my waist has got slimmer!

Sounds like a good choice to me... feta is 3.5 per 28g and isn't on hexa although if it was me, naughty as I am I would hexa it as a tweak, it isn't that bad a cheese and to be honest you have to allow for eating out occasionly...xx

I thought 42g feta was a HEA on red but not a HEB, has it changed since last year???

sloane46 said:
I thought 42g feta was a HEA on red but not a HEB, has it changed since last year???

That'll teach me to check my book when I get home before writing diary up.. You're so right! But it's even better, you're allowed 50g feta!
Thanks so much for that, definitely no tweak and I don't think there was as much as 50g.. Thanks again x

That'll teach me to check my book when I get home before writing diary up.. You're so right! But it's even better, you're allowed 50g feta!
Thanks so much for that, definitely no tweak and I don't think there was as much as 50g.. Thanks again x

Yummy 50g will do nicely :D ...Aren't guilt free meals out the best.x

sloane46 said:
Yummy 50g will do nicely :D ...Aren't guilt free meals out the best.x

Absolutely! Especially when you intend to be home in time and it throws you into chaos, wouldn't usually choose salad when out but it was really nice x

Fab posts today x :)

sounds like a really fab day out
love the photo of you too :):)

for some reason you seem much more able to see some positives - perhaps that in itself is a positive (just a though)

today is my weigh in day
so although it so comfy here and I really want to see those shoes
I must leave now or not get there on time :):)

H xxx

lsf666 said:
Fab posts today x :)

Thanks x
Aaleigha said:
sounds like a really fab day out
love the photo of you too :):)

for some reason you seem much more able to see some positives - perhaps that in itself is a positive (just a though)

today is my weigh in day
so although it so comfy here and I really want to see those shoes
I must leave now or not get there on time :):)

H xxx
Good luck for weigh in, I'll check your diary and see how you've done.

The positives are easier as I'm generally more positive in myself, loving it.

The shoes are just black wedges so nothing exciting but I love them, I'll take a photo for you later x

Just got back from the gym and feeling good!

Just did cardio today as had to be out by 9.30 to take my MIL to the Dr's but then she called to say she'd eaten and it was a fasting blood test! Aaah, it annoys me as we run around for her which I don't mind doing but then she does things like that and wants me to take her tomorrow morning instead!

I sound selfish I know but I'd arranged my day especially around the appointment and tomorrow we'd arranged that Mark and I would go to the gym in the morning to try and figure out how all the new equipment works (hence no resistance training today) before work in the afternoon and now we've got to fit that in as well as Dr's and try to get to weigh in... Sorry rant over lol!

So today that was 10K on the bike followed by 3K on cross trainer and then a few squats using the Swiss ball, those fitpods must be working! Now to get some painkillers in me! X

So I've come from a high right down onto a low! When I had my accident I didn't want to sue but was advised to, I agreed to but didn't want loads just enough to cover my loss of shift pay, physio fees etc. well today I've got a letter from my solicitor and the cleaning company are denying the claim, apparently there was a wet floor sign out but I know there wasn't, I have so many witnesses who can also testify to that, been in so much pain lately and this just tops it off! X

If you have witnesses and they have no proof!!! Ie no picture or CCTV footage then you are fine.

I heard they have to refuse all claims regardless so just hang in there. Justice will prevail x

lsf666 said:
If you have witnesses and they have no proof!!! Ie no picture or CCTV footage then you are fine.

I heard they have to refuse all claims regardless so just hang in there. Justice will prevail x

Thanks hunny, I think I'm so upset as I didn't want to claim in the first place! I think we live in a blame culture and we're becoming like the US, my boss was encouraging me to though as says I shouldn't be out of pocket for something that wasn't my fault!

Just want it all to be over with, I'd rather be pain free then get money, in fact I've already said I don't want loads, I've spent out/lost about 1K so would be nice if I could get that.

I seriously didn't think a year later I'd still be in pain x

HPSaucy said:
Thanks hunny, I think I'm so upset as I didn't want to claim in the first place! I think we live in a blame culture and we're becoming like the US, my boss was encouraging me to though as says I shouldn't be out of pocket for something that wasn't my fault!

Just want it all to be over with, I'd rather be pain free then get money, in fact I've already said I don't want loads, I've spent out/lost about 1K so would be nice if I could get that.

I seriously didn't think a year later I'd still be in pain x

All the more reason to sue. They have left you in pain. I agree we shouldn't be like the US but in cases like this they deserve to pay!

HPSaucy said:
Just got back from the gym and feeling good!

Just did cardio today as had to be out by 9.30 to take my MIL to the Dr's but then she called to say she'd eaten and it was a fasting blood test! Aaah, it annoys me as we run around for her which I don't mind doing but then she does things like that and wants me to take her tomorrow morning instead!

I sound selfish I know but I'd arranged my day especially around the appointment and tomorrow we'd arranged that Mark and I would go to the gym in the morning to try and figure out how all the new equipment works (hence no resistance training today) before work in the afternoon and now we've got to fit that in as well as Dr's and try to get to weigh in... Sorry rant over lol!

So today that was 10K on the bike followed by 3K on cross trainer and then a few squats using the Swiss ball, those fitpods must be working! Now to get some painkillers in me! X

Yeah...to feeling good ....
Pah to silly MIL eating .....
It's not selfish at all Hun ESP when you have already
planned your day around it to be a bit narked off .....

HPSaucy said:
So I've come from a high right down onto a low! When I had my accident I didn't want to sue but was advised to, I agreed to but didn't want loads just enough to cover my loss of shift pay, physio fees etc. well today I've got a letter from my solicitor and the cleaning company are denying the claim, apparently there was a wet floor sign out but I know there wasn't, I have so many witnesses who can also testify to that, been in so much pain lately and this just tops it off! X

Obviously Helen ....they are doing the norm
as you have witnesses hun it'll be down to them to prove
they had signs up short of having photographic evidence
it'll be neigh on impossible for them to do that ....
Carry on ...... You are in the right and they do need to pay
you for any money's lost whilst not being able to work

Its quite normal for them to deny a claim - just instruct your solicitor to continue
your solicitor would not have put the claim in if (s)he thought you might not win it :)
unless they have cctv preferably with you in it walking past the sign they will be paying up - its just a legal game and their insurance company will deny at first = many people wont jump through hoops and at each stage people give up so they save themselves so much money

as for MIL opps - did she do it deliberately - I have to book bloods so far in advance I dont make mistakes like that :)

have a great time at the gym when you get there :):)

lsf666 said:
All the more reason to sue. They have left you in pain. I agree we shouldn't be like the US but in cases like this they deserve to pay!

Xxx
Mumma K said:
Yeah...to feeling good ....
Pah to silly MIL eating .....
It's not selfish at all Hun ESP when you have already
planned your day around it to be a bit narked off .....
thanks Kally x
Mumma K said:
Obviously Helen ....they are doing the norm
as you have witnesses hun it'll be down to them to prove
they had signs up short of having photographic evidence
it'll be neigh on impossible for them to do that ....
Carry on ...... You are in the right and they do need to pay
you for any money's lost whilst not being able to work
I didn't realise quite how much money it was until I totted it all up, you must get shift pay too and it certainly makes a difference when you don't get it!
Aaleigha said:
Its quite normal for them to deny a claim - just instruct your solicitor to continue
your solicitor would not have put the claim in if (s)he thought you might not win it :)
unless they have cctv preferably with you in it walking past the sign they will be paying up - its just a legal game and their insurance company will deny at first = many people wont jump through hoops and at each stage people give up so they save themselves so much money

as for MIL opps - did she do it deliberately - I have to book bloods so far in advance I dont make mistakes like that :)

have a great time at the gym when you get there :):)
That's true as I do feel like giving up, probably because I didn't want to do it in the first place as didn't want the guy to lose his job! Feel actually more motivated to do it now as I was quite angry reading it, he said he's seen me since and I'm not limping or in pain! Well seriously he hasn't seen me crying at my desk or in the toilets or at home when it's got too much, I try to walk normally as much as I can, I only seem to limp when it's got too much, doesn't mean I'm not in pain just because I'm not limping!

MIL didn't do it deliberately, I felt bad about my rant, she's rebooked it for today, I asked for her to do it Friday instead as Mark is off and has got all day to be driving around but she said she needs it done ASAP! Basically she got bitten when we were in Selsey and her leg swelled up, Mark did too but his went down, 2 weeks later her's hasnt made much improvement and she has blood in her urine so they want to see what's wrong so I do understand why she has to get it done straightaway, think that's why I was annoyed yesterday because I care! Got her to stick post it notes everywhere like tea pot, fridge etc saying "no food" so fingers crossed for today x

Went to a friends house last night for a BBQ, he's not a really close friend but he has separated from his wife and is really upset so we're sort of taking him under our wing to make sure he's okay, took SW food with me which I was quite embarrassed doing as I don't know him that well but meant I stayed on plan, they all had naughty sausages etc (9.0 syns each) which I avoided and then was tempted by dessert too but managed to resist that as well!

Wednesday 22nd August (OFF)

Breakfast: 35g All Bran Golden Crunch (HEB), vanilla yogurt, banana

Lunch: prawns, mussels, squid, crabsticks, WW petit pain (HEB), seafood sauce (2.0)

Dinner: tandoori lamb, chicken thigh, salad

Snacks: nectarine, 45g rf cheddar

Total syns: 2.0 (oops not enough but did have plenty at the weekend so damage limitation!)

Exercise: 10K bike / 3K cross trainer, squats

Just going to the gym now to learn the new equipment and will catch up on diaries later x

Back