Helen's SW & Infertility Journey

aww hope he is feeling better soon and u just have to see what weigh in brings keep and if u dont make it there is allways next week :) aint had a great week myself friday was a bit like yours never had a thing to eat till about 8 at night and then i got a chicken kebab that would have been fine but it came with a nann bread and i just had to eat it sigh and thursday was much the same never had anything to eat till tea time think i managed to stick to sw that day tho just hoping i had enough syns for the bread oh the joys :)

OO i know how you feel, lol my sister once had appendicitous and i let her go with the pain all night thinking she might start her periods soon. Oh how i felt awful.

*husg* Your diary will deffinatly eba regular read for em. what fantastic motivation, although so sad but it must really keep you going.

Dont fret about half term, your loss so far has been bloody amazinga nd you should be so proud.. you know you can do this and youl get back on track the minute you can.

Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes!! x

Hi Helen

Well done on your weight loss so far and the 4lb last week, that's great! Dont worry about the cocktails, if I was a teacher I would have 60 syns worth a night - you deserve them and it's not like it's every week! I had a similar half term incident involving me and the pizza hut buffet - oops! You never know you may still lose a bit or stay the same.

Your poor other half! It's easy to mistake men's illnesses for something a lot less than they are so dont feel guilty! If they sneeze they think they have pneumonia! How do you manage not to eat the treats you buy him? Id be sneaking treats as often as I could - safer not to have them in the house or I just eat them! (Im terrible!)

I have a strange fertility problem - up until 3 months ago I'd had 2 periods in almost 8 years! This was following being on the pill injection for a year after my daughter was born and they just never returned. I was tested on numerous occasions, so many times infact I began to think I was a human pin cushion as you can imagine! They could come up with one reason - unexplained infertility, which isnt a particularly helpful diagnosis. I think that even though the injection was the route cause to my problems, my weight was probably to blame aswell as when I started losing weight at the beginning of the year af appeared at long last twice but stopped again shortly afterwards. I ended up begging the nurse to put me on the 21 day pill to force a period each month because at least then I would be made to ovulate which was a start and it appears to have worked. I still have a long way to go on losing the weight but once I have my partner and I have discussed trying for a baby and fingers crossed my problems will bve eased with my weight loss. I really hope things work out for you when you try ivf again x

Thanks to everyone who is reading and commenting on my diary! Sorry I have been a bit remiss this week in terms of updating :D Well, I didn't make SW this week because I had to look after OH BUT I think I have done Club 10. On the night I should have gone I weighed on my scales (from previous weigh ins I know they weigh the same as the club scales) and I'd lost 2 1/2 pounds, however, I'm not taking it as true until I go and get weighed next Tues :rolleyes:

pinktigerAww bless, I hope you are both feeling better soon. I wouldn't take "Alli" if it was the last resort after taking Xenical for about 2 months a few years back as it can really mess with your system and you may be right with it having something to do with him ending up in hospital. Why are men hell bent on loosing weight by cheating?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks so much pinktiger. It is good to hear it from some who has taken Xenical/Orlistat - I do still blame the alli for Jamie's appendicitis (maybe I shouldn't :p) Men are so hell bent on cheating! OH makes me laugh though because he has said to me today - 'I've lost even more weight even without alli.' and I thought to myself yeah that'll be the loss of the appendix and the nil by mouth for a day but I let it pass because as long as he isn't taking that stuff I don't care!
Thanks for your continued support - it really means a lot -plus I hope you've had a good week. xxx

evethewitch aww hope he is feeling better soon and u just have to see what weigh in brings keep and if u dont make it there is allways next week :) aint had a great week myself friday was a bit like yours never had a thing to eat till about 8 at night and then i got a chicken kebab that would have been fine but it came with a nann bread and i just had to eat it sigh and thursday was much the same never had anything to eat till tea time think i managed to stick to sw that day tho just hoping i had enough syns for the bread oh the joys :)

Thanks evethewitch! It is a nightmare when you can't eat during the day for whatever reason because then feels like itscuppers the entire week :break_diet: To be honest I would have eaten the naan as well - I'm a total bread fiend:eek:! How has your weigh in gone? Hopefully well :) xxx

FernXx OO i know how you feel, lol my sister once had appendicitous and i let her go with the pain all night thinking she might start her periods soon. Oh how i felt awful.

*husg* Your diary will deffinatly eba regular read for em. what fantastic motivation, although so sad but it must really keep you going.

Dont fret about half term, your loss so far has been bloody amazinga nd you should be so proud.. you know you can do this and youl get back on track the minute you can.

Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes!! x

Thanks Fern for the positive vibes, they were really appreciated despite me not making weigh in! I was gutted because I wanted another certificate (spot the school teacher in me :D) I'm chuffed with my weight loss so far but every now and then I just have to keep reminding myself not to let my expectations get out of control and that I have only been doing SW for 8 weeks. I would like to drop another stone before Chrimbo. Thanks for reading and for saying you'll keep reading - that's lovely! :party0019:xxx

Kat27 Hi Helen

Well done on your weight loss so far and the 4lb last week, that's great! Dont worry about the cocktails, if I was a teacher I would have 60 syns worth a night - you deserve them and it's not like it's every week! I had a similar half term incident involving me and the pizza hut buffet - oops! You never know you may still lose a bit or stay the same.

Your poor other half! It's easy to mistake men's illnesses for something a lot less than they are so dont feel guilty! If they sneeze they think they have pneumonia! How do you manage not to eat the treats you buy him? Id be sneaking treats as often as I could - safer not to have them in the house or I just eat them! (Im terrible!)

I have a strange fertility problem - up until 3 months ago I'd had 2 periods in almost 8 years! This was following being on the pill injection for a year after my daughter was born and they just never returned. I was tested on numerous occasions, so many times infact I began to think I was a human pin cushion as you can imagine! They could come up with one reason - unexplained infertility, which isnt a particularly helpful diagnosis. I think that even though the injection was the route cause to my problems, my weight was probably to blame aswell as when I started losing weight at the beginning of the year af appeared at long last twice but stopped again shortly afterwards. I ended up begging the nurse to put me on the 21 day pill to force a period each month because at least then I would be made to ovulate which was a start and it appears to have worked. I still have a long way to go on losing the weight but once I have my partner and I have discussed trying for a baby and fingers crossed my problems will bve eased with my weight loss. I really hope things work out for you when you try ivf again x

Thanks Kat27 - you made me feel so much better about half term. Like you said, it's only a week and even though I think I lost weight last week I'd be happy if I go along next Tuesday and I've only dropped 2 lbs because then I'll get my Club 10.

As for OH - he is doing alot better now but it has been trying! Our coffee table has a bag of Reeces Pieces and some M&S extra chocolatey biscuits on it at the mo which is kind of like torture but I have resisted! :mad: Surely for every thing that you resist you should lose weight!

How strange about your periods. I always think that an unexplained fertility diagnosis is the absolute worst. Hopefully once you have lost the weight you want you will have success with having a baby :)
How have you got on this week? xxx

EDIT: OOh Kat I've just notice we have very similar goals and are the same height! We can do it!

Well done on your 2 1/2lb! I stayed the same, but am very happy with that after the pizza hut binge!
I reset my goal recently actually as I'd originally planned to get down to about 12st 7lb because I was a size 12 the last time I remember weighing that (when I was about 15 and I thought I was fat!!!!), but it would still make me over 25 BMI wise so I reset it to 11st 9lb which would mean a huge weight loss of exactly 9 stone. (disgusts me that I actually got so big I have ended up having to lose almost half my body weight before I can even get into the top bracket of a healthy BMI!)
Have you set yourself any mini goals? Some of the girls on here put it in their signatures - I keep meaning to do it actually but keep forgetting. I'd love to lose a total of 4st by Christmas, which is another 10lb and at my weight it should be doable so to speak. I will have to come up with some others actually, maybe BMI or dress size related.
I may have had a breakthrough period wise - I actually can add 3 in a row to the list now! Sounds so strange actually being happy to have one as I remember absolutely hating it when I was younger and I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but after so many years and wondering if I would ever ovulate again it is such a relief to know that my body at least appears to be doing what it is supposed to be doing. I have an appointment with the nurse on monday actually to see if the 3 month course of the 21 day pill she gave me worked. I wouldnt mind but I had to read up on it myself on the net as they wouldnt have offered it to me otherwise and they refused at first because I smoked and am overweight, I kicked the smoking habit and once I'd lost 3 stone quite quickly they said they realised I was serious about losing weight and as I no longer smoked it shouldnt be a problem to be on that particular pill. Anyway, rambling about pills and periods over now!
Glad your oh is feeling better poor thing! I have absolutely no idea how you can sit there and look at those boxes of chocolate, Id be pouring them into my mouth if I could see them just looking at me the whole time! Chocolate is definately my downfall - as you can probably tell! Ha ha! I treated myself last night to a chocolate bar actually. I was supposed to be going out tonight with my sister and my frined but have decided against it as they're both on ridiculous diets, one involves my frined not actually eating while we are there because she's on a liquid diet and my sister will only eat plain lettuce!!! Ive never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and dont particularly fancy sitting in a restaurant where I had planned to have a healthy main and maybe have a nice sorbet or something light for desert with a pair of boring diet nazi's as it would feel like I was eating out with a pair of chipmunks on diet pills! Weirdo's! So chocolate bar last night it was and now its my daughter and I infront of the tv for yet another x factor marathon. (I should actually be doing some exercise really but Ive become so lazy with it)
Anyway, good luck this week and let me know how you get on, how oh is etc x

Back