Hell hath no fury like......

Well done, nobody needs a guy like that. I think you've been incredibly brave and self controlled, and the big benefit will be that everyone loses a stone or two from a relationship break-up even without being on a diet so you will be super slim in no time. I'd suggest dumping his stuff at his workplace, but that might be where she works too so probably not such a bright idea.
Make sure you clear out at least half of any joint accounts, and have his name taken off anything of yours he has access to. Oh and you might want to change the locks.
Stay strong, you made absolutely the right decision, have a great time in NZ.

Wow! I'm so proud of you - you've just done an amazing thing and what's more you've done it with a fair degree of style, Good on you!
I've only just found your thread but my heart was going out to you as I read it - I was in a similar position to you several years ago and I wish I'd been as brave as you dealing with it, well done!
I hope you have a fantastic weight loss tomorrow, just think - you said in one of your early posts that you had 17 stone to lose and only 3 of it was yours, well thats 14 stone gone and 3 to go now, you're nearly there already!!!!!!

I read your original thread and have just read your latest post and I'm sat here dumbfounded and so proud of you (which is strange as I don't know you)...

You have shown such control and dignity that you deserve so much more than your ex could ever offer you. I hope you stay strong tomorrow and whatever you decide will certainly be closure to this horrid tale.

I do have a smile across my face thinking about what must be going through his head at the moment - sometimes they think they're so clever but you've just shot him down in flames - his confidence must have flown out the window as you put down that phone.

He'll be having so many regrets now but better they be his than yours because regrets can be very heavy and we don't want them messing up your weightloss tomorrow.

I'm sure like others, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow taking that ride to London and also at your weigh-in. Best of luck for both journeys {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

WOW. Well done you!!

You have done absolutely the best thing for you that you could have, I have the utmost respect and admiration for you! A woman of her word!

I hope tomorrow isn't too traumatic and I would be sorely tempted to post his things through his letterbox one at a time... not so they are damaged or anything... or better yet send them by courier (paid for on his card) and save yourself the bother!

Well done, sending lots of hugs and good wishes to you. ((((hugs)))) Fantastic!

Well Done and big hugs to you. You handled that very well.
Just a word of advice from someone who has been in that position and weakened. Dont be tempted to forgive him whatever he tries to say or do because he will still do the dirty on you again. Men dont change whatever their protestations that they will

Pam

Last edited:
Well done!!! You are an inspiration to any woman who wants to make positive changes to her life!

I'm impressed that you are using such self restraint whilst packing up his clothes (just one suggestion though...how about unpicking every third stich in the seams of his clothes...they won't disintegrate immediately, he could probably wear each item a few times, but just imagine him standing in a bar in a couple of weeks and the sleeve comes away on his favourite shirt, then lo and behold his trousers split a week later...you get the picture!!!)
:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Well done!!! You are an inspiration to any woman who wants to make positive changes to her life!

I'm impressed that you are using such self restraint whilst packing up his clothes (just one suggestion though...how about unpicking every third stich in the seams of his clothes...they won't disintegrate immediately, he could probably wear each item a few times, but just imagine him standing in a bar in a couple of weeks and the sleeve comes away on his favourite shirt, then lo and behold his trousers split a week later...you get the picture!!!)
:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

That is a really great idea. I love it. How aboit the seam below the zip on his trousers? That would be priceless. Sorry I am an evil cow sometimes

Pam:eek:

Oh my god, thank you for all your messages of support!
I know I’m doing the right thing but having it confirmed by so many people is great. And I only joined for support with the diet!
New Zealand is going to be brilliant. Gen, we’re spending Christmas in Papamoa, it’s on NZs North Island near Mount Manganui (not sure if that’s spelled correctly). Not a very big place, but great beaches. We’ve been but never in their summer, flights are so expensive then and it’s easier to fit a trip in with our long school holiday in July/August. Will be weird sunbathing on Christmas day! But nice if I can fit in a bikini by then.
Thanks again everyone for the messages!
I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted.

Chrysallis

Hiya hun.. hope today went ok for you and things worked out for you how you hoped

thinking of you :)

love

Gen xx

You will love NZ. Mt Manganui is lovely, white sandy beaches etc.... Very laid back, like all NZ. I lived in Wellington for 10 yrs, had many happy holidays 'up north' including one there. Try and get to Taupo/Rotorua for the geothermal sites, it never failed to gobsmack me every time I went there. Really amazing place. It's not far from where you're going. Have a great time. It's a long flight, but worth it when you get there. Are you stopping off on the way?
SM

Hi everyone who reads my diary

I’ve lost 8lbs! I know a lot of it will be water and that next weeks loss probably won’t be as much, but I’ve lost over half a stone!! If I lose only 3lbs a week from now on, then by Christmas I’ll have lost a stone and a half! I’m definitely going to stick to it now, not that I was even thinking of giving up, but this weight loss has made me want to see even more. So far, apart from feeling a bit weaker than normal and sometimes light-headed, I’m managing great. I did have a bar yesterday which my tastebuds appreciated but my stomach didn't. Gurgling and cramps, horrible.

Yesterday I took his stuff to London. It didn’t look much piled in the hallway but loading it into one taxi, then out, then onto the train, off the train, dragging it what felt like half a mile through the station to a taxi rank, then into another taxi, it seemed to grow all the time. Definitely more than enough exercise for the week and feeling light-headed didn’t help at all.
I’d decided to drop it off at his office, well at reception. I didn’t want to see him. But on the journey in the taxi I started feeling more and more sick and shaky and really didn’t even want to go into the reception bit. So I asked the driver if I gave him the details of who it was for and an extra big tip, would he take it into reception for me? And he did. Took him two trips to the cab and back to unload it though, so shows you how pumped up with adrenaline I was that I’d been able to drag it around, (he was a bit more gentle with things than me though!) He said they weren’t very happy in reception to take it, but he told them who it was for and that delivery had been paid for so he wasn’t taking it back (London cabbies, don't you love em!) On the way back to the station after I’d confirmed the cabbies suspicions about what I was doing, he said he would’ve asked for the fare from my ex if I’d let him know earlier. Glad I didn’t, I didn’t want any reason for my ex to come to the cab and see me there.
On the train on the way back I got a text from him saying, ‘Please don’t do this! I will do anything to make things right again x’
Well that single kiss was like a red rag to a bull. How dare he kiss me in any form at all after what he’s done? I texted him back saying ‘You’ll do anything? Okay remove my numbers from your phone then spend the rest of your life knowing that when you see me I will look through you and when you speak I won’t hear you’.
It took me about fifty miles to think up a message that would be IT, the end, over, finito, and I think I got it with that. I had of course immediately thought of replying, ‘You can go fcuk yourself,’ which might also have got the point across, and also with a lot less thumb strain.

Thank you to everyone who has written me supportive messages on here. They really are appreciated.
Skinnymongoose, lucky you living in NZ for so long. We've done the sightseeing stuff previously so this time is going to be mostly a beachbumming holiday. With it being very much a last minute decision to go and only having 4 weeks there (2 of which I still need to sort out with my daughter’s school, arghh), we’re not stopping off anywhere.

Chrysallis

Brilliant, well done, I'm so proud of you. Admirably dignified to the end, I know I'd have ended up screaming and swearing. His office are all going to know just the sort of person he is now, he'll never live that one down - it must have embarrassed him massively - LMAO.
And great news on the weight front too, now you can concentrate on you and your daughter and your new slimmer life. Congratulations all round.

hugsssssssssssss to ya babe you did good!!!

be extra extra nice to yourself this weekend and just put ur blinkers on and think of NZ... i'm sooooooooo jealous!!!

keep in touch and oh yeah well done on ur 8lb off that is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic!!!

lots of love to ya

Gen xx

Well done on keeping your dignity and also making it very clear that you won't take any s**t from him (nor anyone else)! Bet that cabbie couldn't wait to tell his mates! Good on you girl! Enjoy NZ big style... an wow, fab weight loss! You're doing so well on all counts!

Take care of yourself and good luck! xx

Hi Chrysallis,

Congratulations on losing 8lbs. that is magic.:D

You have your lovely holiday now to look forward to having.

Under the circumstances you have done really well...Your a star.

Love Mini xxx

Well done Chrysallis - you are certainly turning into that butterfly! 8lb is fantastic ............. and wow -what style to dump the other dead weight you were carrying around!

LOL at you and the taxi driver story - but also felt so sad for you having to go through it ... (((HUGS)))

Back