Hello :0)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SugarBlomme, 8 March 2011 Social URL.

1. SugarBlomme

SugarBlomme In it for the long haul..

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Ketogenic diet and generally more active lifestyle
    Hi everyone,

it's hard to know what to write really..but basically I'm here because I'm trying to lose weight. I've tried a couple of times before but have been frankly rubbish at it.

But lately lately things have changed; and for the first time ever I really want to do it. Not for my family or really because I'm unhappy with myself either. I just feel like now is the right time to gain some control over my life, my health and my future.

I weighed myself yesterday and i am 19st 4lbs, my first goal is to reach 18st 11lbs by my 25th birthday on 15th April and at this early stage I'm confident but there's a looong way to go yet; I'm only 2 days in but it's going well so far...hopefully I can keep my positivity going!

aims xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

Diet:
    low carb
    Hi, welcome to minimins.
    What diet are you on?
    Good luck losinge the lbs. Setting you self smaller targets that work toward you ultimate goal is a fab idea ill be doing that I think :)

Mini likes this.
  4. Robandmandy

Robandmandy Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi there,

what diet are you on? take each as it come and have faith in yourself :D

5. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

Diet:
    low carb
    I'm doing slimfast. On day three finding it hard not to eat everything I see xx

6. SugarBlomme

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    I'm basing my diet on slimfast but having fruit or salad krisprolls for my lunch and I'm getting about 1200 - 1300 kcals a daf at mo.

I know what u mean though - I'm on day 3 and it's the first day I've felt really hungry but I haven't given in so far.

Which slimfast snacks are you having? I love the nutty or caramel choc bars and the cheddar bites - oh the cheddar bites! They are soooo yummy and 45p a packet - cheaper than a mars bar :)

Keep going you will get there!!

xxxx

7. phunkie

phunkie Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(13.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Fitness
    Hi SugarBlomme and well done on taking the first step! I love these forums and take huge inspiration from them when I need motivating. Have you checked out the motivation slide show?
    I'm on Slimming World, can't do VLCD or slim fast type diets as the more I feel deprived the more I want to eat! I also track everything I eat and all my exercise in myfitnesspal.com - it takes your current weight, height , activity levels etc and gives you a calorie count for the day :)
    Good luck with your journey!

8. SugarBlomme

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Thanks Phunkie, that's really helpful :)

I know what you mean re deprivation, that's why I've personalised so I can eat food at lunch time - If I didn't I'd def fall off the wagon! I like the diet though because of the rigidity - for me flexibility and variety don.t work. Having said that, though, I don't think I could do a full on VCLD..they seem to work for loads of people though - they are stronger people than me!!

I'm in this for the long haul so I'm not worried how long it take :)

Hope SW is going well for you!

aims xx

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck. Good idea to have mini targets

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.