Hello :0)

SugarBlomme

In it for the long haul..
Hi everyone,

it's hard to know what to write really..but basically I'm here because I'm trying to lose weight. I've tried a couple of times before but have been frankly rubbish at it.

But lately lately things have changed; and for the first time ever I really want to do it. Not for my family or really because I'm unhappy with myself either. I just feel like now is the right time to gain some control over my life, my health and my future.

I weighed myself yesterday and i am 19st 4lbs, my first goal is to reach 18st 11lbs by my 25th birthday on 15th April and at this early stage I'm confident but there's a looong way to go yet; I'm only 2 days in but it's going well so far...hopefully I can keep my positivity going!

aims xx

Hi, welcome to minimins.
What diet are you on?
Good luck losinge the lbs. Setting you self smaller targets that work toward you ultimate goal is a fab idea ill be doing that I think :)

Hi there,

what diet are you on? take each as it come and have faith in yourself :D

I'm doing slimfast. On day three finding it hard not to eat everything I see xx

I'm basing my diet on slimfast but having fruit or salad krisprolls for my lunch and I'm getting about 1200 - 1300 kcals a daf at mo.

I know what u mean though - I'm on day 3 and it's the first day I've felt really hungry but I haven't given in so far.

Which slimfast snacks are you having? I love the nutty or caramel choc bars and the cheddar bites - oh the cheddar bites! They are soooo yummy and 45p a packet - cheaper than a mars bar :)

Keep going you will get there!!

xxxx

Hi SugarBlomme and well done on taking the first step! I love these forums and take huge inspiration from them when I need motivating. Have you checked out the motivation slide show?
I'm on Slimming World, can't do VLCD or slim fast type diets as the more I feel deprived the more I want to eat! I also track everything I eat and all my exercise in myfitnesspal.com - it takes your current weight, height , activity levels etc and gives you a calorie count for the day :)
Good luck with your journey!

Thanks Phunkie, that's really helpful :)

I know what you mean re deprivation, that's why I've personalised so I can eat food at lunch time - If I didn't I'd def fall off the wagon! I like the diet though because of the rigidity - for me flexibility and variety don.t work. Having said that, though, I don't think I could do a full on VCLD..they seem to work for loads of people though - they are stronger people than me!!

I'm in this for the long haul so I'm not worried how long it take :)

Hope SW is going well for you!

aims xx

Back