Hello again

Mille

Hello everyone

I've been messing around with this for about a month now trying to decide what is right for me and the way forward with my weight loss.
Well I have finally admitted that I have to do s&s to shift this weight I have hanging round my neck to move forward in a positive way in my life.
I have to do this for so many reasons it is time to stop messing around and get in the zone and get this 6st off and to say goodbye to it once and for all.

Any support would be great along the way I'm aiming to lose 2st by Xmas.

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

Hi Millie, sounds like you're in the right place to achieve that goal by Christmas. I started at the end of September last year and hit 3 stone off for Christmas - didn't think that was at all possible but I was determined to give it my best shot and it worked! Trying to find my way back there now! I remember vividly how over the moon I was getting into a stretchy size 16 dress for our Christmas Do, with full scaffolding holding me firmly in place - felt amazing after squeezing into a 22 just 3 months before.

It's so totally worth giving yourself that commitment, every now and again I put on my "fat" clothes and have a bit of a giggle. Reminds me how far I've come even if I feel like I've still got work to do. You can have that too - it's a great Christmas present to yourself that nobody else can buy you :)

That's so nicely put about the Christmas present thing noodles. You will get 2 stone off by Christmas. I've been looking into expanding the variety even more and have found the recipe thread amazing.
You can do it. You sound determined. We're all here for you!
Good luck xx

I started on Thursday as I'm off to Florida in a month (a month today, yay!). I can honestly say that having an end date (I will be refeeding for a week before we go) has REALLY helped me to stay focused. I made myself a calendar - not only does it have the dates on, but in a different colour it has the number of days remaining. Today there's only 24 more days. It gives me a great boost crossing a day off every morning, knowing that I've achieved. I've also stuck some pictures of clothes I like and written out reasons why I want to lose the weight - things like fitting on rides better, being able to eat what I want in Florida, etc.

It IS hard. I think I'm only just about to go into ketosis, and I've been tested at every hurdle this weekend. But I've done it! You'll find so much support here.

Not everyone will agree with this, but once this holiday and Christmas are over, I'm going to follow S&S in bursts. My birthday, and a holiday, is 6 weeks into the year - so that's 5 weeks of S&S and one week refeed. Time off for my birthday, then back to it until my nephew's wedding in May. I've found the key for me is having an end date.

The results are amazing and that really keeps you going.

Thanks everyone for your words of support I will do this I will win the battle x

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

Back