Hello All - Newbie here

supervixen

hello everybody - i think i posted this in the completely wrong section earlier - put it in the newcomers- then realised that the posts in there didn't appear to be personal ones - most confused - but here i go again!!

just a quick introduction to myself - i've been reading posts on here for awhile, learning etc.. and figured it was about time i took the time to join!
I began LL on Jan 12th - but after 4 weeks switched over to CD for various reasons.
I have so far lost 29 lbs since i began - and i'm over the moon with that!!
I still have a long way to go - but i've reached an almost evangelical approach and attitude to this diet - as i've been overweight for years, and had been told back in 1995 that I wouldn't be able to lose the weight by doctors because of my condition that triggered the weight gain - PCOS.
This is the first time since then that i have ever been able to lose a significant amount of weight - and in such a short time - i am so excited and exhilarated by it!
My next plan is to join a gym, i've been looking into several in my area - typically the only one i really like that i think i could go to is the most expensive one - but i am convinced its the right thing to do for me - so that my next step.

I began this diet at 19 stone on Jan 12th.
I set myself mini goals - the first one to be at 17.7 stone by the time my parents visited (they live abroad) which was FEb 10th. i managed to beat that goal by 2 lbs.
my next goal set was to be at 16.7 stone by march 10th - as thats my very best friends birthday - and he inspires me to do this - and last tuesday's weigh in i snuck into the 16 zone at 16stone 13lbs - so I'm hoping to beat that also!!

I'm 35, live in Nottingham, am currently studying full time at trent university on a fine art degree - a ahem, mature student one might say, in my first year.. I also still work for myself as a freelance film director and photographer - so am a busy bee!

I've read lots of old posts and this website i find truly inspiring - I would love to gt involved in threads and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

So to wish everybody the best of luck on these fantastic diets and let the fat melt away forever!!

incidentaly, my name is in reference to the supervixen that i know is embedded deep within me - and she's just screaming to get out!!!!
Hold on tight folks!!

Sv
x

Hi lovely to meet you:D :D

You've been doing so well...congratulations.

I've found minimins brilliant, everytime I want to eat or someone in my house is eating I sit on here and read all the inspiring threads, it really helps to keep you focussed.

Tracey
x

Hiya SV.,

Welcome and congratulations on the weight loss so far, amazing. Its great when you know that the targets you set yourself are possible and easily surpassed.

You will get lots of support on here and you will know that the people you are chatting to have got the T Shirts and Film Rights (Ahem! no pun intended).

xx

Hiya SuperVixen....and WELCOME to Minimins :)

you'll find loads of supportive peeps on here.....who will help you along your weight loss journey....just SHOUT if you need to know anything !

Good luck !

love

Debz
xx

Hi Supervixen

I recently joined and now i dont know what i would do without minimins its great.
Goodluck on your journey im sure you will do great.:)

Hi SV,

welcome to minimins. What a coincidence, i too started LL and after four weeks started CD tuesday gone. I have lost 21lb so far and am so looking forward to the rest of my journey, i am 35 in april!

Good luck honey and i have added you to my buddy list and will keep an eye on your progress. Keep in touch.

Good Luck.

x

Well done so far. Its a good idea to set mini goals because if we always look at the bigger picture it can seem very daunting. Keep up the good work and you are well on your way for hitting that goal for march

good luck and welcome x x

Hi Sv

Welcome and well done on your fab loss so far. Setting yourself mini goals is a great idea and you will be amazed how quickly times flies by. You'll be a skinny minny in no time.

Good luck and keep us posted with how you get on.

Jazzy x

Last edited:
Hey everybody - thank you so much for all your replies!!
Dawn - that is a coincidence!!
will be good to keep track of each other - i will figure out the buddy list thing and add you also!

last night i signed my life away - joined the gym for 12 months!!
its expensive - but I like the space and i can walk there from my house in around 15mins - so its no big deal to go there.
I've got my induction next wednesday - as i have a dreaded essay to write this weekend, so thought best to wait until i've done that.
I'm horrified at signing away £52 a month - but by changing to CD from LL - it still works out cheaper a month doing the two as opposed to just being on LL.

I feel that I've definately made the right decision though - i think as i do have a lot of weight to lose, it will help me to shrink into a better shape - and give me something to do in the evenings - as never having anyone over for dinner, not going to anyone's for dinner and no-longer going out for drinkies, has left me feeling a little lost of an evening...

Anyway, must dash for now - thanks again for all the hello's.
I guess i should use this as my blog - maybe change the title name.

speak soon

SvX

Hello and welcome,I'm not sure I could do it without this board.I started on teh 18th Jan and have loost 26lb so far,I have another 27lb to go :) and hoping to reach that by my 30th birthday in May :)

Good Luck and keep uis up to date

sonya x

Well done for joining the gym, i am just so lazy he he.

Watch this space for the new you soon then. Keep it up hon.

xx

hello folks
well i lost 4lbs yesterday - so i'm now at 16stone9 and its TOTM - so i'm hoping next week will be slightly better.

well i joined the gym today - and it has killed me!!
only a small amount of cardio - 5 mins on the xtrainer - the rest was weights - and i am in agony i tell you!!

lets hope it will get easier as time goes on.
its weird as i've been a frequent gym goer for most of my life - even when i was almost 18 stone i went 3 or 4 times a week, did both cardio and weights - but today has hurt like never before!!
maybe its cos i'm on a vlcd.
and the fact that i haven't been to the gym since 2003 - which is the longest time of not going since i was a teenager!!

oh well, all part of the master plan. i wil get there in the end!

hope everyone doing well.

sVx

hello folks
well i lost 4lbs yesterday - so i'm now at 16stone9 and its TOTM - so i'm hoping next week will be slightly better.

well i joined the gym today - and it has killed me!!
only a small amount of cardio - 5 mins on the xtrainer - the rest was weights - and i am in agony i tell you!!

lets hope it will get easier as time goes on.
its weird as i've been a frequent gym goer for most of my life - even when i was almost 18 stone i went 3 or 4 times a week, did both cardio and weights - but today has hurt like never before!!
maybe its cos i'm on a vlcd.
and the fact that i haven't been to the gym since 2003 - which is the longest time of not going since i was a teenager!!

oh well, all part of the master plan. i wil get there in the end!

hope everyone doing well.

sVx

WOO HOOOO !!!! well done you - 4lbs is FAB :D

and good luck with the gym.....;)

love

Debz
xx

hi if you click next to the title it will come up in a box you should then be able to change it......Im originally from Nottingham.....where abouts are you, im from Carlton.

Back