Hello all, would like to talk...

g1981

Thin People Only
hello all,
like someone else mentioned on here...im a stalker!! lol Though i have flashed up a few messages here and there.
I am doing 790 with a friend, however her will power has slowly declined. Im still going strong, though somethings bugs my mind 24/7....thats putting the weight back on after the diet. IM SO SCARED!!!
This is the first diet I have done and am combining it with some sit-ups etc before I got to bed to keep slightly toned. So I think im doing well, however I do read on here some who put weight back on, and more.
Why? If the maintainence steps are followed? I dont want to go through all this heartach efor a month of being thin and putting it all back on again. Im really scared...really scared..i cant stress this enough! I keep telling myself I will keep it off, but I hear from others who's 'friends' have done it and put all the weight on...why why?? :confused:
Can anyone tell me? Will I be okay if I follow maintainence? Or eat a healthy diet?
Before I started this diet..my weight was stagnant..for a long while never really put weight on..was I burning everything I was having? SO if I went back to my habits before but keeping it strictly healthy..will I be okay?

Hiya m8

Ok don't panic!

The statistics on people putting the weight back on after doing any diet are not good.

BUT the reason for that is that most people go back to their old habits and old ways and ultimately have too many calories and hence put on weight.

If you get to goal weight and then eat healthy and sensible then you can keep it off. I have been at goal weight now for 8 months and still in my jeans!

Mike

Good luck with your journey...

I'm only in my sixth week... so I too still have all of the fears and concerns. I think that perhaps one of the most important things is to make a mental journey at the same time as following the diet!! It is about changing your relationship with food!

Glad to see you posting for answers to your questions! ;)

xx

worried 2!

must admit I am worried about putting the weight on to but I have planned to come off sole source in a couple of weeks and give myself enough time to 'step' up my calories in time for xmas. Its a case of getting back to being able to eat a healthy diet and staying there - I haVe bought too many 'small' clothes to go back to what I was!

GOOD LUCK :)

I do read on here some who put weight back on, and more.
Why? If the maintainence steps are followed?

I think you hit the nail on the head ;)

You'll be just fine, take Mike's advice - he knows his stuff about maintaining and is the living proof! :)

BBFM - you and me kidder - we're never gonna go UP again! Don't worry about it now - if we stick to this 100% we cannot fail! :D

Before I started this diet..my weight was stagnant..for a long while never really put weight on..was I burning everything I was having? SO if I went back to my habits before but keeping it strictly healthy..will I be okay?

Yep. Do the maintenance, then follow a sensible eating plan.

One thing to add though. You will probably find you will need to eat less than you did before, even if you were maintaining your weight pre-diet.

This applies to any diet you do.

As you get smaller, you need less calories as you aren't lugging around the excess. Calorie allowances drop the smaller you get :(

Hiya G,

Your post is one that many people feel, and I for one felt like that at first.

Soneone said today, what will your first meal be when you stop SS, I said chicken and spring greens and they looked really shocked, what no chinese or pizza they said!

Nope, I will reintroduce food slowly, I will eat the correct things, and I will treat myself in moderation once stabalized!!! although I didnt say that, I said that I was going to slowly introduce foods

My CDC has a few words of wisdom and the one that stuck maybe a cliche but its true

You are more important than food, when you get to your goal weight you will still be more important than food, as you have worked very hard to get where you are now.

And that is my Mantra, I could put all this weight back on in a flash if I kept to my bad eating habits, but I wont, I am happier and healthier than I have been in years and I want to stay this way!!!!

We can do it and stay slim, there are many on here who do, and after a while you will feel like me, determined to keep it off.

As for going back to your habits, when you get near to goal look at what they where, I didnt binge eat, I just ate the wrong things, and I love food, I always will,

but I love me even more!!!!

Fab post hun, sorry Ive gone on and on but I want to be slim forever x

Great replies from everyone and that has hopefully put your mind at rest.

I like this saying -

If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!!

In other words if you stop doing the diet and go back to eating what you did before that made you over weight then there will be no surprise when you become overweight again!!

Maintenance is all about a state of mind, keep positive and you will be fine. Take that feeling you get when you get to target and hold on tight to it.
Its great to get there but better to stay there. If you do maintain then you join an exclusive club and should be very proud of yourself.
Have good days and Very good days and you will be fine.
Good days are when you eat healthy.
Very good days are when you go out have a nice meal and a few drinks and totally relax all the rules.
As long as you have more good days than very good days you will be fine.
Then bad days don't exsist.
So stop worrying.

Maintenance is all about a state of mind, keep positive and you will be fine. Take that feeling you get when you get to target and hold on tight to it.
Its great to get there but better to stay there. If you do maintain then you join an exclusive club and should be very proud of yourself.
Have good days and Very good days and you will be fine.
Good days are when you eat healthy.
Very good days are when you go out have a nice meal and a few drinks and totally relax all the rules.
As long as you have more good days than very good days you will be fine.
Then bad days don't exsist.
So stop worrying.

Love this post Jason:):)

xxx:D

Thank you all for your replys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a little less worried now, I think I have it my mind that I want to do this and keep it off. I do want to make the right choice and ill just hold on this desperate urge!!!

Thank you all once again...2nd week weigh in loss of 4lbs! That brings me to a total of 9lbs in 15days!!!! There is no way I could have done this on slimming world/ww, ahahhaha!!

must change ticker...

there we go....

p.s. - like the
"If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!!"

Back