Hello all : )

Hello all ... a quick intro as it's so late.

50 woman struggling with hypothyroid weight gain (5 stone in less than three years) and after struggling with weight watchers and anything else that lets me eat carbs I thought I would revisit Atkins. I did it back 10 years or so to lose a stubborn half stone and I never put it back on, but worry of the dreaded three day wobbles had put me off!

I hope to find lots of strong motivation, and hopefully give some too eventually, but for now, hello and goodnight

: ))))

Hello and welcome to the site. I only joined yesterday too but everyone seems really friendly and helpful.

Hopefully we can help you over those wobbly days and keep you motivated. You'll have that weight off in no time i am sure.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. x

Hi! Wishing you good luck! xxx :D

Thank you Sam, Forthe and Rhi...first week is nearly over, as I started on Thursday and spent Sunday curled in a heap on the couch feeling blerrrrgh. If I can get 6 or so pounds off this first week i will be chuffed to the proverbial bits. Good luck Rhi with your WW...and you too Forthe. Sam, how are finding Orlistat? I hadn't heard of it before.

Well, am off to raid the olive jar...keep smiling, if nothing else it fools everyone : )

hugs

xxx

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. Let us know how you get on x

Thanks Rhi, I've resisted the urge to leap on anything that resembles a scale...water retention has reduced so I know I've lost, just a question of how much. How are you coping on WW...is it the Pro Points?

Hugs : )

Hi frumptydumpty...first of all, love the name! lol
Good luck on your journey. There seems to be alot of support on this forum. We must use it to keep us motivated.

Hi Wheel : )

Thanks for the welcome...am jumping round this morning, cos lost 10 lbs! <jiggles>

The forum does look great, I am still finding my way round but it does look like lots of group hugs, which is all we need sometimes. How are you doing?

Hugs : )

Wow what a fantastic weight loss. No wonder your pleased. If you keep jumping around with happiness you'll have another 10lbs off in no time. hee hee

WW is ok when i manage to stick to it as i have such low willpower. Posting on here seems to be helping me stick to it at the moment so i am really glad i joined. Got my weigh in tonight. Yes it's pro points now which i have to admit i prefer as you get the weekly points to fall back on if needed. What are you following? sorry my memory is rubbish. x

Hi Rhi,

Thank you so much. Good luck with the weigh in...makes us sound like boxers : D

I think WW is great if you can stick to it...my problem is if I eat carbs I can't stop! For me it's limitation so Atkins is what Im doing, it seems to work really well for a few other hypothyroid people I know. Altough I am drinking so much water I am starting to squelch...what a great word, even if I did spell it wrong. Fingers crossed for tonight for you...let us know how you get on

hugs : )

Thank you Sam, Forthe and Rhi...first week is nearly over, as I started on Thursday and spent Sunday curled in a heap on the couch feeling blerrrrgh. If I can get 6 or so pounds off this first week i will be chuffed to the proverbial bits. Good luck Rhi with your WW...and you too Forthe. Sam, how are finding Orlistat? I hadn't heard of it before.

Well, am off to raid the olive jar...keep smiling, if nothing else it fools everyone : )

hugs

xxx
hiya,
im fine thank you!.. orlistat is ok! took a few days to get the hang but all tickity boo now!.. hope your doing well & sticking to the dream,:D
sam.......x

hiya,
im fine thank you!.. orlistat is ok! took a few days to get the hang but all tickity boo now!.. hope your doing well & sticking to the dream,:D
sam.......x

Hi Sam,

I think every diet makes you feel a bit urgh for the first few days, especially where there are harsh restrictions - but like the good Dr says, if you feel that bad not having certain foods, then you sure as hell don't need them...I am para phrasing of course : )

Keep up the good work

Hugs

xxx

Hi frumptydumpty and welcome:D

Come on over to the atkins part of the board - we are a lively bunch and lots of support! Well done on your first week loss - onwards and downwards...atkins rocks:)

Hi Frumptyfumpty. I'm also new and have just rejoined SW tonight. Very depressing on the scales but I'm determined now. I want a fab result next week! It's amazing how much support there is on here. Good luck with your weight loss :) x

Hiya,

I'm glad you found a diet that suits you. It just shows how everyone copes differently with certain foods doesn't it. Keep going. I'm here to support you all the way

I lost 2.5lbs to tonight. I'm over the moon as I'd put on weight when I weighed myself on my scales on Sunday. Posting on here has really helped.

How has your day been? X

I obviously meant frumptydumpty, not frumptyfumpty!! Ha ha :) xx

Hi Frumptyfumpty. I'm also new and have just rejoined SW tonight. Very depressing on the scales but I'm determined now. I want a fab result next week! It's amazing how much support there is on here. Good luck with your weight loss :) x

Hi Kitty,

Aw, well done on starting again, it's not how mainly time you fall, but how many times you get back up that count so don't worry if you have a set back. Have you had a weight in? Fingers crossed you have a really good week...and thank you for your good wishes, even if you did call me a double frumpty <HEE HEE>

Hugs xx

Hiya,

I'm glad you found a diet that suits you. It just shows how everyone copes differently with certain foods doesn't it. Keep going. I'm here to support you all the way

I lost 2.5lbs to tonight. I'm over the moon as I'd put on weight when I weighed myself on my scales on Sunday. Posting on here has really helped.

How has your day been? X

Hi There Rhi,

Good going on the loss, isn't it awful how we get so psyched up that we will gain and the whoosh of relief when we see a loss. Well done : )

Had a day of two halves, really busy morning in work, then off to a meeting in afternoon and a bit more chilled afternoon. Do you work Rhi?

Hugs xxx

Back