Hello and a question..

Hi :wave_cry:

I'm new to ww, tried to do a vlcd but crashed and burned by the 3rd day - have finally realised that slow and steady is the way to go for me.

My name is Nic and this is my 3rd week - have lost 9lb so far so am really pleased, I can't get over how stright forward this diet is to understand, it doesnt really feel like I'm on one!

I have a quick question and would appriciate your opinion; I'm not that good a cook and usually go for the easy option like chips or something frozen (which is why I'm the weight I am!). Last week when I was in Tesco's they had an offer on their Light Choices ready meals. They do everything from pasta meals to roast chicken dinners, all coming in between 5 and 8 points

So far, I've eaten one of these meals everyday for dinner - do you think this will effect my weight loss, they dont use hydrogenated fats or artificial flavours, and in principal, I'm eating better and more variety of foods than i would if i had to cook for myself.

I'd be interested in what you all think, as my mum thinks it might slow my weightloss down, but I just figure that as long as i stay within my points I'll be OK

Thanks, Nic

Hi Willowslim - love the screen name btw.

Very well done on your weight loss so far. As long as you stay within your points there is no reason why you shouldn't continue to have good losses. If you're at all concerned about getting your 5 a day you can always add some 0 point veg.

Keep up the good work and let us know how you get on x

Thanks Karenlou

Good idea - I'll add some veg and I will try and mix it up a bit with some home cooked stuff a few days a week - I can feel a few plates of spaghetti on toast coming on :rolleyes:

Just one more question - sorry, I am a pain! do i have to point the fresh prepacked vegatable stir fry's that you can buy in supermarkets -i'm assuming not as its just fresh veg cut into strips

Thanks x

hey, i eat a lot of the tesco ready made meals, they are so nice! I eat the WW ones too, but tescos are my fav and its not affected my weight loss. Normally have one for lunch and sometimes one for dinner with extra veg! You will do just fine :)

Thanks!

Thats another dinner to add to my list

Thanks guys, just been reading some of your threads, you've both done so well - if i can do half of that I'll be happy

I love reading everyones posts - I find it helps to keep my motivation up (and my hand out of the biscuit tin!)

Off to bed now, but keep up the good work, I'll check back soon and let you know how I'm getting on

Nite x

Back