Hello, and my diary

Twinkly

Hello everyone :wavey:, I've just joined today - although I've had a great past week getting to know the site and some of you through your diaries. I feel like some of you I know quite well already and we've never even spoken! Thank you for posting your experiences, it is your enthusiasm and determination that have encouraged me to get motivated too.

This is a difficult thing to do - try to keep a public diary - as I'm a shy person. However, I'm in a place right now in my life where I feel quite isolated and wouldn't have anywhere to offload my feelings about food and eating and weight loss, and so I'm going to try this and see what happens.

I'm about 3 stone overweight and have recently tried to get a handle on things only to fail and fail and fail. The only times in my life I've been slim is after suffering severe emotional upsets (usually due to men :rolleyes:) and not being able to eat for months on end. The rest of the time I spend my time sitting and stuffing myself, for something to do as much as anything.

I've tried exercising, and although admittedly, I didn't keep up for very long (about a couple of months), I actually put on weight.

What appeals to me about lighterlife is that - you don't have to think about whether it's ok to eat the meals, it's all worked out for you. And, you don't have to exercise! :clap:

Plus reading about all your massive weight losses in short periods of time! :eek:

But I feel scared. I'm scared I'm not going to have the willpower to see this one through. I have books around my place for the liver detox diet, the juice diet, the vegan diet, the alkaline balance diet, the food combining diet, the primordial diet, etc, etc. None of it has worked and it all sounded marvellous when I bought them. In the past I did the Atkins diet and was dreaming about sweet things all day long.

I don't want to fail. Again. :eek: :D

Sorry for the long ramble...

I had my introductory meeting tonight and I start on Sunday. Despite the above, I do feel excited, and hopeful.

:)

hi twinkly if you are 170 lbs now you dont have 3st to lose - you really only have about 1.5 stone to lose. Lighter life is extremely expensive so think carefully about this. If you can afford it, then try it but if your problems are deeper than just weight, maybe take the money and try counselling. To me, you dont seem to be very overweight and Im sure you could do this without resorting to such drastic measures. Just my opinion but I wish you billions of luck and love

Hello and welcome! LL is a fabulous plan that has given me my life back! It's a great way to detox sand re educate yourself within the world of food.

Good luck, when choosing your goal weight carefully consider how you will maintain at that goal because that will be your biggest challenge not losing the weight. Xx

Back