Hello, another new person here =)

Cybachiq

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, as you can probably tell by the title of this thread. ;)

I have been on probably every diet under the sun over the past 12-14 years, ever since I was about 17. All have failed me in the past, or rather, I have failed at them. The only one I have had any success in is Slimming World; the first time I was there I managed to lose a stone and a half, which is the most I've ever lost on any diet. I've gone back a couple of times after this, after putting all the weight back on again (no willpower!), and managed to lose the odd half stone here and there, but never anything I have managed to keep off. It's simple. I love food. :rolleyes:

A few days ago I decided I was fed up with my ever-increasing wobbly bits, and so I decided to go back to my old faithful Slimming World group. So, yesterday, I signed up again, and was amazed how motivated I felt upon leaving the group afterwards. I had a fantastic day yesterday, felt committed and strong and able to resist the temptations. I even went to the hairdressers and got a new hairstyle!

Therefore, at the moment, I am feeling good, and I was so pleased when I stumbled across this forum following a Google search for "Slimming World shift workers" - I was wondering whether you didn't have to pay for the weeks you were working or whether it was included in the 6-weeks holiday you were allowed per year. But anyway, I digress...

I am looking forward to getting to know the other members of this forum and sharing our successes and helping each other through the rougher patches.

hi Cybachiq,

welcome to minimins, I find it really helps for support as well as the group sessions,

I'm a shift worker too hence why I'm on here at this time of night - nightshift tonight. You don't pay for the weeks you have to work as long as you tell your C, and then there's the 6 week hols too.

good luck and hopefully see you around the forum too xx

Hi Cybachiq, Welcome to the forum.

You are not alone in the lack of willpower stakes I can assure you! Most of us on here have the same problem hence being overweight to some degree or another.... :D
Hope you will start up you own diary next so that we know where to contact you for giving you support and encouragement.

All the very best to you....:)

http://www.minimins.com/members/56882-cybachiq.htmlHi Cybachiq,

Welcome to minimins, good luck on your weight loss & im sure this forum will help keep you motivated, It does me anyway, looking at all the success stories its just amazing, I spend time on here at night mainly cause it takes my mind of snacking when im not hungry :D
See you around chick
xx

Here to lose - were do you get your stunning tickers?

Cybachiq - Welcome! I also find it great to go to group meetings. I am on weight watchers and that accountability makes all the difference (even though it is still very difficult with all the ups and downs.

Hello!! Welcome to Mini Mins!! I hope you have the absolute beat of luck on SW!! I start the "Sacred Heart" diet on Monday ad can not wait to shedding pounds!! Good luck again!! :D

Welcome to minis, and good luck with your weight loss goals!

Back