Hello, another newbie!

slimming_em

Hi there

just wanted to say hi to the board and give myself a little intro to you all ...
:wavey:
I have tried a couple of diets in the past, have zero willpower with diets like SW and WW as I know I have no patience for small losses. I did Cambridge in 2008, lost 2.75stone which took me down to a size 12 but then (as is often the case) I did nothing to maintain and put on weight plus more than I originally weighed! Since then I have had a couple of restarts but nothing lasting and have been a size 18 for the last 3 years.

I am currently on maternity leave after having my second daughter in December and would love to shift a good chunk of weight before I go back to work in June. I started on CD in March but was not 100% (lost 12lbs overall) then discovered more & more people talking about Slim & Save on Minimins! I ordered the sample selection and have started over the last couple of days. I like the 'meals' so far and would love (when I've tried all the flavours) to be able to order the biggest pack S&S offer :D

I am hoping (aside from looking after my girls) that I can distract myself from food etc by coming on here

I look forward to getting to know you all

em xx

slimming_em said:
Hi there

just wanted to say hi to the board and give myself a little intro to you all ...
I have tried a couple of diets in the past, have zero willpower with diets like SW and WW as I know I have no patience for small losses. I did Cambridge in 2008, lost 2.75stone which took me down to a size 12 but then (as is often the case) I did nothing to maintain and put on weight plus more than I originally weighed! Since then I have had a couple of restarts but nothing lasting and have been a size 18 for the last 3 years.

I am currently on maternity leave after having my second daughter in December and would love to shift a good chunk of weight before I go back to work in June. I started on CD in March but was not 100% (lost 12lbs overall) then discovered more & more people talking about Slim & Save on Minimins! I ordered the sample selection and have started over the last couple of days. I like the 'meals' so far and would love (when I've tried all the flavours) to be able to order the biggest pack S&S offer :D

I am hoping (aside from looking after my girls) that I can distract myself from food etc by coming on here

em xx

Hi Em, hope you enjoy it, I'm due to start tomorrow. Most of the people on this sub forum are really lovely, and more than happy to answer questions. Good luck :) x Jo x

Hey Em,

Welcome & good luck!! I'm a size 20 and have been for about 3 yrs also, so I know how you feel!

I've been on the diet 1 week and feel good on it, first few days are hard, but it so much quicker to lose the weight this way and I've lost the same in 1 week on S&S as I did with 4 weeks on a 1400kcal a day diet!!

Good luck for you too Jo, for tomorrow x

GEEGEE83 said:
Hey Em,

Welcome & good luck!! I'm a size 20 and have been for about 3 yrs also, so I know how you feel!

I've been on the diet 1 week and feel good on it, first few days are hard, but it so much quicker to lose the weight this way and I've lost the same in 1 week on S&S as I did with 4 weeks on a 1400kcal a day diet!!

Good luck for you too Jo, for tomorrow x

Thanks GeeGee x

slimming_em said:
Hi there

em xx

Hi and good luck! I started yesterday. I've been a size 22 for too long now and I hate it! Bit headachey this morning but I'll drink plenty, have a few paracetamol and get on with it! It's going to be worth it! X

Hi there all!

I think what has made me really get on with it this time is I am pushing toward needing a size 20 which to me would put me outside 'normal' shops ranges. To the outside world I am the woman who 'doesn't care' if shes the big one of the group and will eat whatever she wants but on the inside hates how she looks & feels but then comfort eats to make herself feel better. Only my husband knows how I really feel .... and of course now anyone reading this! haha

I took paracetamol first thing as I suffer with the headaches too :(

I notice someone on another post (sorry, can't remember who) said about sugar free jelly - are any of you ladies eating it? Its not something I'd like to have all the time as I know as soon as I start 'eating normal food' I tend to make excuses for eating something else, then something else etc but I wouldn't mind a taste every now and then when I make it for my daughter :D

I'm not sure about it to be honest. I'm not going to do it personally as it'll be full of aspartamine which isn't good for you. I think if I start deviating a little bit it might throw me off track. That's just me though, all or nothing! Might be useful for some :)

Hi Em,

I started yesterday. Feel ok so far, a bit of a headache last night but you will know the feeling from Cambridge. xx

what about aspartame? I am using Tesco's own sweetener and thats what they are..... should we not be using them?

Aspartame is just meant to be quite bad for you, carcinogenic, so it's more of a personal choice I think as to whether you consume it.

I have sugar free jelly, and sometimes has the protein meal instead of a pack. One thing I will say is that it does make you more hungry I think, so I think I'm not going to bother anymore and just stick with the 4 packs a day.

Hope that helps.!

Hi Em and welcome, im an ex CD'er and now a S&S convert this diet is so much easier than Cambridge, the forum support is excellent and S&S is a fraction of the price. A win win all round. I wish you good luck xx

Congrats on your new arrival hun :) and welcome :)

Good luck with sns

Catdog xx

Hi and welcome Em!!

I started today and so far so good :) I, like you will be spending a lot of time on here to distract myself along with running around after my little ones and getting stuck in to the spring cleaning!! Anything not to eat! Lol!

Hope you're finding it ok and like Jo said everyone on here seems really friendly and supportive so any questions you've got will be answered I'm sure

YM2B x

Back