Hello..Could I join you too.?

Busybusy

Gold Member
I there I've been reading a few diaries on here and am thinking of joining next week. Just done 3weeks of exante and lost a stone 15lbs. After hanging around on here I see you have all gelled really well and it seems like a good atmosphere on here. Could anyone please give me an idea of how your finding it on atkins?

Atkins is great, we are all very friendly - just dive on in:D

Hi and welcome, take a look At the So you are thinking of starting Atkins thread it has loads of really useful information. Good luck on your journey :)

Hi, Busy...welcome!

There are pro's and con's to most things in life, but on the whole my Atkins experience is positive.

The best thing about it for me is that I never have to feel starving hungry like I do on other diets. If I've eaten all my carbs for the day and I'm still hungry, I can always eat a fat or protein snack without breaking the diet in the slightest. Also, it's great being off the sugar rollercoaster; constantly craving sweet stuff then having to deal with the energy crash that follows is no fun whatsoever.

I think the worst thing about it for me is that if you're doing it strictly by the book, most of your food is going to be prepared from whole foods, and that takes time and planning. If you happen to be someone who loves being in the kitchen, finding recipes, dreaming up menus etc, then there couldn't be a better diet for you. However, if you're like me and you have no imagination around food and you resent time spent cooking (and washing-up!) it's going to feel like a lot more effort, especially if you're used to diets of convenience.

On balance though, I wouldn't swap it for any other diet because I've read tons of stuff to do with the science of it, and I really believe that this is my only shot at ever getting slim and staying slim. I also know by the volumes of fresh veg I get through these days - far more than I ever used to! - that it's much healthier for me than any of my former ways of eating, so I'm just going to have to hope that I can live with the food prep side of things long term.

Anyway, those are my honest thoughts, for what they're worth.

Hi everyone thankscforcall your lovely words. I'm currently posting on exante diaries....done 3 weeks thisvis my last week of packs and have decided to do the last 10lbs here. Although i'v met some pretty determined and inspirational people on exente who are continuing with VLCD. I justvdint know if it's worth it for me as it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.

I'm weaning myself by having 2packs and 1 meal. Hope to join you next week...please keep an eye out for me to get me going xx.

Sorry for all typos...tablets and long nails don't mix.

Welcome, I am currently doing Exante during the week and Atkins at weekends so I don't feel too deprived lol, worked really well for the last few weeks and lost consistently, this week has been a blip but think it is just my body not the diet. We are a friendly bunch in here so if you have questions just ask away. xx

Welcome, I am currently doing Exante during the week and Atkins at weekends so I don't feel too deprived lol, worked really well for the last few weeks and lost consistently, this week has been a blip but think it is just my body not the diet. We are a friendly bunch in here so if you have questions just ask away. xx

Thanks I recognise you from the Exante website, well done on your achievement x:). Just wondered if this is the right approach by easing in with 2packs +meal. It's been ver difficult 4weeks and I really dont want to gain. Plus is 10lbs in four weeks achievable on atkins.

advise for you...keep posting hun.
xx

Thanks will do, love how everyone shares thier recipes and menus on here. Food talk is not allowed on the other forum, I love to cook so that's part of the reason atliks appeals to me i'l be posting loads. I was missing sitting down at meals with my lot. Monday my packs run out so I'l start a brand new atkins diary.:)

Hi Lou, welcome to this great way of eating and weight loss , good luck on your journey :)

Thank you all for a lovely welcome. Got the DANDR ordered, due on tues. Have read it before a long while ago. Had 2 packs and salmon salad din dins :D

Back