Hello Everybody bit afraid to start!

Missxox

Hiya.
Got an appointment with my pharmacist at half eleven to start this diet. Bit afraid cos it sounds really extreme, does it make u really starving?

Im also a bit concerned about the taste of things because some ppl have said they are not nice, id appreciate as many honest opinions as possible on this.

Is it a good diet? seems a bit too good to be true looking at all ur weight losses amazes me.
If I could get the same losses and id be over the moon, want to wear a tight dress for my 21st lol.
Thanks in advance for ur posts
Laura x

Hi Laura

I have to say I don't get hungry on this diet, the key is to drink lots of water.

All the shakes are actually ok to be honest (although after 3 weeks i have traded in the vanilla shakes as I am bored of them). I didn't re4ally get on with the flapjacks but some people on here like them so I would recommend giving them a go. The chicken soup is quite nice (and its nice to be able to eat something hot out of a bowl with a spoon!).

Its not an easy diet but if you stick to it, the weight will drop off. I've lost a stone in less than 3 weeks. If you like peppermint tea I would stock up on this as this has really helped me and also sparkling water has been a godsend!

I would totally recommend this diet as the results really spur you on and motivate. This site is also brilliant for motivation.

Good luck with starting it and just remember it will all be worth it!!

Jules xxxxxx

Thanks Jules. If the taste is ok i know i will stick at it, its only hunger at the end of the day just got to keep urself occupied and got on with it if ur serious about losing the weight i reckon. congrats again on ur loss, hope its as good for me as urs has been. xx

Hi Laura, it does sound extreme, but it's really not that bad. Your first week is the hardest as not only have you got to get used to not eating and drinking shed loads of water but also your body is going through carb cold turkey. You can feel a bit rough the first 3 or 4 days (headaches, hunger pangs & tiredness), but then once you get in to ketosis around day 4/5 you start to feel much better. Then comes the best bit.... your first weigh in, you'll be amazed at how much you've lost, but you have got to stick to it 100% as it doesn't work properly and you'll be wasting your time and money. Good luck with your weigh in, make sure you stick around on here for help, advice and motivation. :)

I'm on day 2 and although I'm really hungry It's bearable!
Personally, I can't stand the shakes I nearly threw up yesterday with the chocolate one so had chicken soup for my tea and again was stood over the sick trying not to throw up.
This morning I made the chocolate shake as a moose and although it's not great I liked it alot more and think I'll stick to it.
I've got a little bottle of water that I keep with me all the time to drink from and I think that helps.
Although, I kept waking up last night needing the loo.
I'll stick at it though mainly down to all the photos I have seen on this forum, they have really inspired me.
Good luck
xx

I tend to have my first shake around lunch, my second about 4 then my third about 8 and I find this fights off the hunger. its been hard for me too as I'v been off work on study leave for 2 weeks and have all the food in my flat to tempt me! its def worth it though. I have my last exam this pm so back in work tomorrow so will see how I get on in work! Have you told people you are doing this? Some people haven't told anyone, but I 've told everyone as I feel at least people won't force me to do things or eat anything. Plus I have found some of my friends have done it and i didn't realise. Its up to you though.

if you ever need support or have a question just come on here - its brilliant.

julie xx

im on my first day today, ive heard days 2-5 are dreadful, im also working till 3am fri and sat nights! if i cant get through that ill never be thin! just gonna try keep myself busy, buy a puzzle book or something lolz :)

To be honest I didnt have any problems in the first week, so you may not experience any issues. Just keep drinking the water!

Julie x

Hello Laura

This is my second day into this diet. And altho im a little bit hungry. its the not eating bit thats getting to me. But if im busy i.e on here, the wanting to eat just totally leaves me head :)

As for the shakes, they really arent that bad! I have chocolate and strawberry and they are pretty good.

Good luck!

thank you all for your lovely comments. hope we can keep each other motivated. got roughly 4-5 stone to lose so here we go. pharmacist was lovely, i got choc and strawberry 2 and the soup. x

Good luck Missxox. During the first week you can feel hungry but once you are in ketosis (about day 3 or 4) you don't feel hungry anymore. You may get cravings and really want to eat certain things but it's not physical hunger.

Keep drinking plenty of water, especially if you feel like caving in.

You can lose loads on this diet, it's brilliant. Stick with it 100% and your weight will fall off.

Hi Missxox
Hope all went well at the pharmacy.
Well, my experience is that I started the diet last year (2008) and to be honest I last 2 days. I was having to hold my nose to drink the shakes and eventually quit. A year later and almost 2 stones later I decided I had to do something.
The second time round I really weighed everything up and I had the right mindset. I think you have to have as it is so extreme.
I started on a Friday and the Saturday I kept going to bed for an hour or so each few hours as I had such a headache and felt weak. The Sunday I kept myself busy but relaxed also and got through that.
The hunger I seem to experience a lot, but it isnt something I cant cope with. I had been so used to feeling bloated constantly and always full with all the crap I was throwing down my neck. So, I actually dont mind when I feel the hunger.
I drink at least 4ltres of water a day, which, as everyone say does help! It does keep you fuller.
It is an extreme way of losing weight, but eh - we are all fat (or were) and need some drastic measures...honest but true.
I enjoy the shakes and dont hold my nose and look forward to them, but they are just fuel for my body, nothing more! I wouldnt have said that before as I just ate crap all the time, no doubt as a comfort.
You will see results quickly and that spurs you on. You will have hurdles to jump over; like family meals, BBQs, etc, but you have to keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. AND, IT ISNT FOR EVER!
You will no doubt receive negative feedback from ignorant people, who think this is wrong and that you should be getting your vitamins, minerals from natural sources and not artificial...but, what is better, to have a low BMI or high...just ignore them and dont let them pull you down.
Lastly (sorry, like a novel), keep looking forward and treating yourseslf to little things non food!
This diet works; people on this forum are testament if you follow to the letter, you wont ever be disappointed.
I wish you all the very best on your new journey and whenever you feel you are struggling...come on here! Even if you dont post, just to listen to what people are saying and experiencing..plus, there are some inspirational people on this site!

Take care

Soryy....but I just LOVED the shakes, wizzed with lots of ice....a teaspoon of coffee with the vanilla to make an iced frappaccino....totally delish. Hated the soups, only had 2 and didn't want to try the flapjacks....10 weeks went really quickly, hunger vanished in week 2......bags of energy from day 3 and still have loads of energy even now. This LT diet is THE BEST! Just DO it!!! And glug water like a thirsty camel!!!!

Hi Missxox,
Hope you have a good start on this diet, I really want to echo what you have already heard on here. I have not had any hunger pangs or cravings and at my size I expected some, but thankfully nothing has made me feel that I need to stop this diet, outside of the panic I felt in the first week that I would fail. I panicked myself so much I thought something bad would happen, but did it? Well I'm still here 4 weeks on and feeling very good, still no hunger, cravings, panic nothing. So I just wanted to post to say, fears are real, but the reality is it does work, you will be fine and everyone on here has a story you can relate to. Relax and enjoy the journey and don't forget to drink the water.
Doirin

iv now had a strawberry and a soup. strawberry was fine but had to really struggle with the soup, does anyone else find that? the taste isnt bad really so dunno why i was like it. which flavour do u all find best?
iv drunk water like no 2moro 2day lol how many 75cl evians would i need to get my daily intake?
xx

You need to drink between 3 and 6 of those 75cl bottles.

After about day 4 or 5 you'll be in ketosis and won't get hungry again unless you don't stick to it 100%. In my experience if you're hungry after that, you're not drinking enough.

As for how things taste. Nobody can tell you how they're going to taste to you. Don't let other peoples' opinions limit your options! Try everything - anything you don't like try again in a few weeks time because your tastes will most definitely change.

Also try varying the amount of water that you use. I always used 450mls in the soup, I found the consistancy more palatable that way. By the end of my TFR journey I was having all my shakes as mousses, ie just mixed with about 50-60mls water which made them into the consistancy of thick icing. We're all different.

Enjoy your journey xx

Please start the diet;) - if you do stick to it it is guaranteed to work. And you will get where you want to be. As I've explained to people - yes it is extreme BUT you have to try something different to get a different result. And most of us have tried and failed other ways of losing weight. This is GUARANTEED to work if you follow it properly.
I take all the shakes including the soup and ideally mix them with about a pint of water - I just prefer the consistency like that. Hot and cold water - sometimes I get mixed up which flavour I'm making so I've had hot strawberry and hot vanilla - they weren't that bad. I personally hate the flapjacks but we all have different tastes as Jan says. Start your journey - by week 2 you will not be hungry and the weight you lose in those first weeks will spur you on to continue! Good luck.

Back