Hello out there!

Just made my first mix a mousse. Marvellous! Really felt like pudding! Think I will add less water next time as there was loads and the flavour could have been stronger. But definitely something yummy and a bit different :)

image.jpeg

Morning all!
Today is darling husband's birthday, so in a minute I'm popping out to source bacon for his birthday breakfast in bed. You know, when I started this diet I found the smell of bacon an absolute killer. Making bacon sandwiches for husband and son the younger before rugby practice was torture!
But with nearly nine weeks of a totally different way of eating comes a lot more self knowledge and self awareness than I expected. This plan has really made me reexamine my relationship with food. (Sorry if that is a bit cringey and americanised!) Don't get me wrong, I know this way of eating isn't sustainable in the long term and nor would I want it to be, but what it has done is to give me plenty of opportunities to think about what made me overeat in the past. Because you don't get in the state I was in just by accident. It took effort to take my eye off the ball the way I have over the last few years.
All this deep and meaningful will hopefully help me avoid having to do all of this again!
And I hope that when I do get myself where I'd like to be weight wise, I can have the odd bacon sandwich without feeling guilty or naughty or that I'm about to self sabotage.
But hey, let's not obsess about maintenance when I've still got so far to travel. Next target: three stone. I'm already half way. And starting to believe I might actually do this thing...

Well I tell you what: today I earned my salary!
Year 11 in revision all afternoon, on the hottest day of the year, in a hot sticky classroom. Some of them nervous and agitated, some of them panicking and therefore switched off thinking it's too late to do anything about it, some of them literally unable to get past the heat (as though I magically control the British climate). And all of this on one of those weird and unexpected "hungry days".
But I'm still standing, still 100% and still focused on my goals!
One consolation: getting my water allowance down has never been so easy...

Well done on your weight loss Grover, you are doing great!:0clapper:

When I was on a vlcd I was always cold:gen125:

Thanks Mini!
Definitely easier when it's warm like today. I am usually pretty warm, although this may just be my age :eek:

Hot, sticky and sweaty day. Feeling huge envy towards anyone working in an air conditioned office. Meanwhile I've had to deal with teenagers whining about the heat all day. Because clearly I'm some kind of climate wizard who can cool the room down simply by force of will...
In better news more lovely compliments today. It's like someone's watching out and sending a lovely individual with a compliment whenever I start to waver. This diet is so difficult though. I think it's knowing how much longer I've got to do it that's making me feel tempted to stray. Because I'm heading for week 10 I sort of feel like I should be approaching the finish line. But because I've got so much to lose, I know I've got at least one more 12 week cycle - and realistically, two more. And a further 26 weeks seems like a long way off. I know it took me a long time to gain all the weight, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's going to take a while to shift it.
Anyone on a long journey with any tips for staying motivated? Would appreciate some wisdom tonight...

i am afraid i don't have wisdom, but i do have thanks to give to you for making me feel more motivated. i haven't even decided what i am going to do to continue my weight loss/gain/loss/gain journey, for the loss phase. the final loss phase please, but reading about your motivation and your success is really helping me to see that it is possible. i will enjoy reading this and following your progress :)

... And, there's my motivation. Thank you so much. That's all I needed to get my eyes back on the prize. So lovely to know this blog is functioning as more than just a monologue.
Big love to you xx

Having been in a situation like yourself, I was BMI 45 at the start of my journey and stayed on LL for 10 solid months before I took a break, returning 3-4 months later for another 5 month stint... I can sympathise. It really wasn't easy to think about the big picture, how long it would take, it was just this huge mountain I felt I couldn't climb... What helped was making little tiny targets with little rewards along the way. Half-stones, making it into the next stone bracket. Little steps. Concentrating on the small goals soon added up. Before you know it, you'll be halfway... and the end point will seem within reach.
x

i actually followed cambridge for a long while up until my wedding. it isn't what i should be doing right now, but then it was the right thing for me, and it worked. my problem was that it worked at half speed for me. a good loss was 1.5lbs a week in my case, but it still worked and my weight still went down. i don't think i had your determination and drive. you have pushed through tough weeks and you can continue to do so. eyes on the prize. now if i could only figure out which competition i need to be in...

Thank you so much ladies. I've just had another look at my weight app which is telling me I'm 26.9% of the way to goal. And goal is very low on there. Like normal bmi low. Crazy low. Not since I was married low. And 26.9% is over of a quarter of the way already. And I haven't been doing this long, in the grand scheme of things...
That and your kind and encouraging words are reminding me of what's kept me 100% these last ten weeks.
Seriously, thanks!
I'm hoping to be in a new stone bracket at weigh in on Thursday. That's a great mini target: thanks Minerva!
Good luck to you Abz. Have you got a big loss in mind?

i do indeed. i clocked in at just over 17 stones this morning and i want to be 11 stones 2lbs.... it's the weight i was at a size 12-14 at college. i figure i'll readjust that if i ever get there :)
for now i am low carbing, one day down. about half a stone of that 17 stones i am expecting to be water retention, as gaining half a stone after a few days of camping and just eating what everyone else did is a large gain even for me... hopefully low-carbing will get rid of that quickly. it is how i lose best. it isn't sustainable long-term for me though, so i thought i would start with that and see how i go. i'm going to visit my in-laws in denmark in 7 weeks and am currently 1.5 stones heavier than when i last saw them, despite having been on sw and taking up running, so...

Another hot and sticky day in the lovely north west today!
Mahoosive thunderstorm last night but it didn't clear the air at all. It still feels muggy and close and a bit like wading through treacle! (Mmmm, treacle...)
Having a very hungry few days at the minute and don't know if this is a good, bad or indifferent sign...
I'm aware a lot of feeling a bit empty and echoey. Grumbling tummy for the first time in ages too! I wonder if this is just a "ten week itch" type affair? So much of this diet is about what goes on between your ears! I think that's why even when I'm tempted I've not (yet) been close to caving. I would be so disappointed in myself!
I mean, yes I'm sure a bag of crisps or a lovely cold cider or a handful of chips would be delicious, but not delicious enough to make up for the feeling of letting myself down.
I have done a vlcd before and had this same determination. I just don't get why I have to be so all or nothing!
I'm hardcore dieting and fully focused, or I'm eating a family size bag of Doritos after everyone has gone to bed.
I'm hoping, above all else, doing this will actually make me think about what I put in my mouth. And if it's naughty or calorific then that's fine as long as I've thought about it, and I'm hungry, and I really want it!
Happy hump day all. Downhill to the weekend...

i do indeed. i clocked in at just over 17 stones this morning and i want to be 11 stones 2lbs.... it's the weight i was at a size 12-14 at college. i figure i'll readjust that if i ever get there :)
for now i am low carbing, one day down. about half a stone of that 17 stones i am expecting to be water retention, as gaining half a stone after a few days of camping and just eating what everyone else did is a large gain even for me... hopefully low-carbing will get rid of that quickly. it is how i lose best. it isn't sustainable long-term for me though, so i thought i would start with that and see how i go. i'm going to visit my in-laws in denmark in 7 weeks and am currently 1.5 stones heavier than when i last saw them, despite having been on sw and taking up running, so...

I'm 17.1 as at my last weigh in. Seeing my consultant tomorrow so hoping I might move into the 16s please please.
Low carb is effective for me too, but so difficult too: all my favourite things are carbs! Bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... They're not unhealthy so why do they have to do so much damage!
What's your go to low carb meal then? 7 weeks is still quite a way off. Could seeing your in laws be a mini motivator to get you on task?
Hope you've had a great day xx

Ok good morning all. I couldn't post this last night because I was in a huff. I'm going to post it now.
Anyone who has read my blogs will know that my weird body has a strange and unorthodox reaction to this plan. I call it a "slow, slow, quick, quick, slow" approach. Even though what I do, day to day, week to week does not change and has not changed for over ten weeks, my losses have been, to say the least, unpredictable.
So I went to weigh in last night super nervous. I never have a clue what to expect.
It's been a hot and sticky few days; I'm a bit constipated; my period is due at some point in the next week. I had a feeling it was going to be a slow one. I've had 5lb losses the last two weeks for goodness' sake! So 1lb off, 2 lb off, I'd have taken that.
What I wasn't expecting was a GAIN. A pound ON. I mean, who eats 800 cals a day and puts weight ON?
I get that this looks like I'm sneaking cream cakes. I'm not.
Don't they say that the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results? But then how can doing exactly the same thing mean 5lb off one week and 1lb on the next? And I mean, the same products, the same times of day, the same water...
So last night I managed to get home from my weigh in before having a cry. I watched DIY SOS, sobbed a lot, and went to bed early in a massive strop.
So, it's morning. I've had a think. I haven't actually gained WEIGHT. It can only be water. That's the only thing that makes biological sense. And isn't this plan about more than numbers on the scales? And don't I still look and feel a lot better than I did 10 weeks ago? And am I going to let a number on the scales derail me after ten weeks that have actually made me really proud of myself?
No. I'm bloody not.
I'm going to drink my water, have my products, stay off my crazy scales (which this morning have varied by ten pounds depending on whereabouts on the bathroom floor I put them), trust my consultant and look forward to my (early) step up next week.
I'm going to reassure myself that next week my numbers will be heading in the right, downwards direction. Hopefully at some point soon I will have a poo. And I will not give in.
Xxx

hey honey. i wrote a big response to your last post and it appears to have disappeared... sorry about that.

i am sorry that you have had a gain. you listed several reasons to have a lot of water retention, dehydration, hormones, and constipation. you know that you will lose water weight once your body evens out. logically you know, but it's still bloody upsetting when the scales don't agree with us. keep on trogging. you are doing a sterling job of sticking with this. it's working. even having lost 1 less lb than you have, you would still be doing amazing. it's a false weigh in. pretend it never happened and carry on. good luck with the poo :D

abz xx

Thanks for your kind words Abz. Not going to lie, I've had a tough day today. I feel really resentful! Every time I've said no to a biscuit, ignored the big bag of Bombay mix in the cupboard, breathed through my mouth so I didn't have to smell the toast, I've thought about the week on week loss and it's kept me going. Today my next weigh in seems ages away and such a long time to plod on with no guarantee of success at the end of it.
The boys wanted takeaway for tea so I just had to get my eldest to bury the leftover chips at the bottom of the food bin so I didn't have to keep walking past them on the kitchen bench. One more time and I feel like I'd have grabbed a handful...
Have made my third product and about to eat it really slowly and try and make it last.
Got to keep on keeping on!!
Thanks for your support and for taking the time to answer (twice!)
It really means a lot. You're a diamond X

You can do this!! I too have a strange body. I gained on cambridge and mu counsellor asked me to do a ketostick to check i was in ketosis. I think she thought i cheated.
Someone said to me once that your body doesn't know that it is weigh in day. Our water retention levels change all the time, which is why we aren't supposed to weigh each day. If you had weighed in the day before, or the day after it may have been different, but your hormones and the heat have conspired against you. Maybe it is just having a bit of a rest after the shock of two such big losses. Whatever the reason you KNOW that you have done everything right. As long as you still do, you can't fail to see results. Drink loads, keep holding your breath at the toast :) good luck xx

Off to write about my pants day in my diary now, ha.

Wise words, Abz. Feeling more positive this morning. I think this week is going to be a bit more challenging and I just need to accept that. It's going to take more willpower and drive to keep going, but of course I will. I was having a bit of a whine to a close friend about it yesterday and saying "but if it's disappointing next week I'm just going to..." And she interrupted me and said "no, you won't, you won't quit and you know it". And I thought, yep, she's right. I've gone past the point of quitting. I'm in this now. At least until my first target point, which is meeting up with my mum at the end of July. I'll be doing everything I can to make the loss as dramatic as possible between now and that point. It's about five weeks off. So I'm thinking, worst case scenario I can get another 10 lbs off. Best case, about 20! Either way we are looking at between three and four stone down on the last time she saw me. And that has got to be a highly noticeable change hasn't it?
I hope your low carbing is going well. Is your diary an actual, physical one you write in with a pen? Or a virtual one on here? And why was your day pants?
Much love xx

Back