Hello everyone - new joiner here!

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by princess_pow, 17 August 2011 Social URL.

1. princess_pow

princess_pow Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast - kinda.
    Hi all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 41 years old and have put on a lot of weight in the last three years because I've been stuck at home with M.E. I'm much better at living with the condition now, and have finally got to a point where I feel I can exert some control over what I eat!

I started SF on the 7th this month, and am not exactly doing things the SF way. I did start off following it religiously, because I thought it would be useful to train myself to eat in a very structured way (and it was useful), but because I am often not very active and can't exercise, I need fewer calories than an active person would, so I've had to tweak it a bit.

What I do now is:

• One SF shake in the morning - half when I get up, and the other half about two hours later.
    • A snack of about 100-200 cals at lunchtime, usually something like a pack of Matteson's Fridge Raiders (how brilliant are these? Lifesavers!) and maybe a tiny pot of Petits Filous (50 cals, and very tasty!); or some soup or some baked beans.
    • Another snack of about 100 cals - as above.
    • Dinner: HUUUUUUUUUGE pile of veg, with a little protein - I try to bring this in at about the 500 cals mark.

This is working for me. After the first couple of days on SF my weight stalled and I stopped losing for about five days, which is what made me realise the total calories were too many for my lifestyle and limitations! After changing to the above method I find I'm losing consistently, and I'm much happier.

I tried doing a weekly weigh-in, but I'm just too impatient, so I weigh myself every morning!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LighterCL

LighterCL Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Helloooooo Princess Pow and welcome to our lil gang!!! :D Good for you - finding a diet regime that works, that's the most important thing, finding something you are comfortable with and you can stick to;) When is your Weigh in day?

4. princess_pow

princess_pow Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast - kinda.
    I weigh myself every day! I know it seems daft, but if I don't, I get disheartened, whereas if I do (and haven't lost any), I get all fired up and strict!

Mind you, I am permanently strict - just had enough of not feeling like "me"!

5. LighterCL

LighterCL Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Sounds like you know what works for you, well done! ;) I might weigh myself 2 or 3 times a week, as then at least I'll know that if it goes up one day, it's ok as long as it comes back down again!

6. 10stoneplease

10stoneplease cOOOOKIieeeesss

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.41%)
    Diet:
    Intermittent fasting and calorie counting.
    Hi Princess pow, welcome to minimins
    wow 12 days in and already what a great loss! sounds like your doing pretty darn good.
    so have you got any little goals,
    my first one is to get to 13stone,
    feels like its taking for everrrr:sigh:

7. Shazzac62

Shazzac62 Full Member

Welcome and good luck on ur weight loss journey, keep posting on here as support is fab!x

8. princess_pow

princess_pow Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast - kinda.
    Thanks for the hello, everyone!

Kim, I don't really have any short term goals - I mean I think I'll celebrate every time I crack a half stone, because that always feels like a marker, doesn't it? But the goal really is to get down to about 11 stone and then take a long, hard look at myself and decide what I want to do!

Really, the point of this for me is to help myself be healthier, but I'm not going to pretend I don't look at all my size 12 clothes and want to get back in them...

9. LighterCL

LighterCL Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Hi Princess, celebrating half a stone is a great target, I'm happy with a pound off!! :D I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated!

10. princess_pow

princess_pow Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast - kinda.
    I haven't weighed for two days because I cheated a bit ... weighing in tomorrow, so we will see what has happened! EEK!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.