Hello everyone!

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
Hi!
I've been wandering around the forum for a few days now and have posted a couple of times, but I haven't really introduced myself or said hello to anyone.
I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and have always tried losing weight, but nothing has ever really worked or I just haven't stuck to it for long enough. But two of my friends are getting married in 2011 and have asked me to be a bridesmaid!! Which is awesome, it really is, but I don't want to look like I do now at their wedding. So I've decided to really try. My friend (Wicca on here) introduced my to Slimming World and donated me her starter pack. I can't afford to go to the meetings, so I'll be doing it by the books, pestering my friend, and looking for help on here-if no one minds :eek:
I'll be exercising quite a bit too, which will hopefully help.
So yeah, sorry I know I ramble, that's me :)
Looking forward to getting to know you all and picking up some fantastic hints and tips.
Kelly.xx

Hi Kelly!!

Good luck with SW, if you put your mind too it you'll get there. Plus being bridesmaid will definately motivate you I'm sure! x

Hi Kelly and welcome!!!
SW is really easy. Try and keep a food diary and can I suggest you have a look at the ones on here if you are struggling at any time...they give you loads of ideas.

Im a go-it-from-homer too..I cant afford to go to classes, so rely on this website, and input from my Mum and MIL. I dont know where I would be...actually I do..probably in hospital recovering from a heart attack by now, if it wasnt for this site!

Good luck with your journey Hun.
xxx

Thank you everyone :D I will definitely be looking for some nice recipes on here. And I'm gonna try and get hold of some SW recipe books on Ebay or something.
Yup, being bridesmaid will definitely give me motivation and hopefully make it stick to the diet and exercising.
I only started the diet properly on Sunday and so far it's been very easy to stick too. I think the free foods really do help, esp as I love pasta and rice. Plus, I've made the SW home made chips a couple of times, which are just brilliant!!
Kelly.x

Back