Hello Everyone

kittyk50

Hi everyone, this is my first posting and my first day!!

I did my first weigh in on slimming world online about two minutes ago. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life and I have to get to grips with it!! :cry:

I was reading the forum last night for about two hours and you all seemed so helpful and supporting I just knew I had to join in. My knowledge of the diet is slim (unlike me!) so I will be on here lots!!

BTW, has anyone here got an underactive thyroid?? I was overactive for many years but then had radioactive treatment and am now on thyroxine for underactive which I am sure has not helped my weight (along with the Belgian buns!) and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience.

thanks very much to you all. I am anxious about the months ahead but excited too!!!

Fantastic and welcome to the forum :D

In the early days, take it one day at a time - have you had a chance to plan what you are eating today?

Hi Kitty - welcome to the forum, we are here whenever you need us, you will get to grips with SW quite quickly, as for your weight then don't worry about it, when I went back to SW and got weighed I was horrified but at least I knew and realised something had to be done. I do not have an underactice thyroid though so can't offer any words or advice on that one, someone will though.

Good luck for your first week & if you need help just ask, it may be helpful to you to post your food diary each day and we can take a look & let you know if you need any advice on it.

Thanks for your quick replies!!

I meant to do some "magic porridge" (which I read about last night) but I was so busy reading the forum I forgot!!

I haven't got today planned out yet, but I do have fruit and yogurt for breakfast, and then I have some salad and prawns for my lunch and some quorum fillets in the freezer for tea. I have fruit etc which I buy for my son but dont eat myself (fail as he would say!) and veg in the freezer.

Does that sound OK, I know I need to eat some syns so will try to fit those in as I go. I will spend today getting better prepared and if its OK I will then post some of my menus for you all to give the once over, make sure I am doing it ok!!

Thanks again, I knew it was a good idea to join this forum.

Hi and welcome to sw and minimins.

My top tip would be to read your notes on the plan and then re read them make sure you have all your healthy extras depending upon which day you are following and make sure you have a minimum of 5 syns a day.

This is a great plan and this is a great website so stick around and you will be in the zone before you know it :D

Good luck

Just wanted to welcome you along to the Forum and SW.
You may want to take a look at some of the Food Diaries in the section above with help in planning your meals. Also there is a good explanation of each of the plans in another section above and another section for recipes. This really is a great forum, so hope you benefit as much as I have.
Good Luck!

Hello and welcome xxx

Hi there and welcome!
The others have given some really good advice here. I would suggest you also have a look at the food diary section on here to give you some ideas.
Its always better to plan ahead with meals etc as if you are anything like me, you will have "forgotten" what you have put in your mouth!

Good luck with your journey!
x

Hello Kitty I am underactive and although losing ( not very well last week but that was my fault) I do lose less than others but I am losing which I did not do with weight watchers so good luck Underactive is a pain !!!!

Hi,
Im only 3 weeks in so kinda new too, youll love it on here the support and success stories are fantastic, I know so many people who have lost through SW, it really can work for anyone.
Good luck this week and keep us posted!
MB xx

Back