Hello everyone

Personlly hun I would just admit you are on a diet and be proud of it! ask for a large glass of water and ice for your shake ;-)

One thing I have learnt from doing this diet is that we have to take ownership of our actions and we cant blame anyone else! Its so easy for me to say I cant do this cos i am stressed or I am wound up by whoever or I have a party to go to but then I am the one who puts food in my mouth and only I can stop that!
I was invited to a party on sun..day after i started and I tried to think of excuses why I couldn't go as I couldn't eat.... then i thought hang on, I am proud of me for doing this and I am certainly not embarrassed so I went and informed them I was on this diet and as such couldn't eat and would only drink water... and you know what it was so liberating and boosted my confidence no end! when every one was complimenting me on my fab will power and determination! and it felt good to resist as I know I will finally get the weight loss I deserve x

Hi
Thanks for your advice lucylis you're right I'm going to pick up my first packs tonight and get started.

Hi manda
Glad day 2 is going better keep going xx

How did your weigh in go Venice?
I wish we could get the packs here. I am flying solo and trying to mimic the nutritional qualities of the pack but with real food. Perhaps I will post them on the forum when there are quite a few menus. Its certainly testing my math skills :/
I hope weigh in went well.

Hey nexus how are you? You have so much will power recreating your own diet, I feel like we get the easy option of just mixing a shake, wishing you sooo much luck,
My weigh in was as expected really no shock there, I have got myself a tin and for every lb I loose I'm going to put a pound in my tin ready for my shopping trip for my new clothes when I reach
target wahoo so excited xxx:D

Thank you and steal away my aim to have 102 pounds to shop for lots of pretty thin clothes haha xx

nexusdieter *steals the fab money tin idea....mwah ha ha!*

It is hard to find ways to keep the carbs down without introducing fat. That is where I am struggling to recreate the meal replacements. I figured I will start with a CD daily nutrituion and make daily menus then work from there. Funnily enough, soya chocolate drink is the closest I have come so far. With a kids vitamin twice a day. Currently supping down an innocent smoothie, yum!
I have also started on obesimed (available over the counter....yay!) and that is really really helping with the hunger and cravings side. My doc gave me a sample to try but I'm pretty sure I will be getting some myself when I finish this pack. My bugbear of the week. Why don't health insurance companies support dramatic weight loss techniqes? They don't pay for CD, or meds, or surgery. Damn, even a gym pass. It must be cheaper that supporting an ever growing society. Sorry to rant, I'm sure most people feel the same. :/

I had my Dr weigh me this morning! Its not my usual weigh in day (normally its Sunday) and I have lost 7lbs.....already!!! Thats enough to keep me going. Guess I owe my little tin 7 euro so far but will wait til proper weigh in day on sunday to cash up! Hope you are having a fab day too!
Laura x

thats great news nexus i weighed myself today aswell -6lbs on day 3 so that is keeping me going but waiting till proper weigh in before i change my ticker and add money to my tin lol. today i just feel like i have no energy really wanna go on my vibration plate but gotta wait till next wk. i usually drink around 20 cups of tea a day and quite impressed with myself as i havnt had 1 in 3 days which is where my doctor said most of my calories came from as before i only ate 1 meal a day but then over did it with the cuppas. but im losing weight so something must be working. i did slip last night and had 1 bourbon biscuit but its not the end of the world lol.

keep up the good work guys i think this site is the only thing keeping me going reading everyone's stories

Caramel kit Kats r my killer!!! Could go through about 5 or 6 a day- the big ones!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had my Dr weigh me this morning! Its not my usual weigh in day (normally its Sunday) and I have lost 7lbs.....already!!! Thats enough to keep me going. Guess I owe my little tin 7 euro so far but will wait til proper weigh in day on sunday to cash up! Hope you are having a fab day too!
Laura x

Hey Nexus..

I am a bit concerned in regards to you recreating this diet.. Please remember its very important you get good quality protein in you(tuna).. as well as potassium, calcium, magnesium and copper (all needed by your heart).. because when on a VLCD your body uses your muscle and fat for energy..

In actual fact i would ask doc to monitor you by taking an ECG every 2 weeks to make your heart is responding well to your new diet..

If you would like lipotrim.. I can speak to my pharmacist and send you like 4-8 weeks supply.. very crucial.. you consume all your nutrients.. if not.. one of friends used something called Nutrilet which is a company based in sweden. Best of luck!!

Last edited:
Hey all!!

Best of luck with Lipotrim.. I'm into week 2.. and I fell of once before but I learnt from it and i'm back again. I would recommend for you gus exercising to take it easy.. reason being.. if you walk and swim loads.. you will crave food because we are on a VLCD it increases the chances of giving into temptation.. just think losing 3-4 lbs a week is awesome and doable.. theres no rush.. it took all of us lifetimes to put on weight so what if it takes a few extra weeks to lose it.. main thing is to remain strong.. and make sure your 100%.. build a new routine around the shakes... fill those gaps.. where you once ate or snacked...

Best of luck!!! I'm here if anyone needs any advice.

Hey all!!

Best of luck with Lipotrim.. I'm into week 2.. and I fell of once before but I learnt from it and i'm back again. I would recommend for you gus exercising to take it easy.. reason being.. if you walk and swim loads.. you will crave food because we are on a VLCD it increases the chances of giving into temptation.. just think losing 3-4 lbs a week is awesome and doable.. theres no rush.. it took all of us lifetimes to put on weight so what if it takes a few extra weeks to lose it.. main thing is to remain strong.. and make sure your 100%.. build a new routine around the shakes... fill those gaps.. where you once ate or snacked...

Best of luck!!! I'm here if anyone needs any advice.

I totally agree! when I have been more active I do get that rumbling! so now no exercise for me for a good while:D I also think its important to drink water spread evenly through the day as that does really help! I started last Saturday and I am loving it now!! as can see the weight coming off! and feel so good for it:D
For those who are talking about their weeknesses or blips, I would also recommend sticking to it 100% cos if you have a blip of a kitkat or biscuit then the liklihood is you will kick yourself out of ketosis! and have to start the whole process again as they are full of bad carbs:mad: so just think of that when your tempted to put something in your mouth:D good luck x

Hey Lucylis!!

Been a few days!! Hope its all going well.. i thought it was your weigh-in today.. so i logged on to congratulate you!! In regards to your post above.. i think increasing your activity level and not categorising it as exercise is important.. for instance.. hoovering.. going up and down stairs... going on a small walk etc.. simply cleaning up a house is good exercise.. also recommend getting some resistance bands and doing some resistance workouts.. is good also.. but just keep it to light activity...

I was going to weigh in today but the pharmacist wont have shakes in til sometime today:( and I didn't want to make two journeys! so going to weigh in first thing tomorrow, as thats when started diet! Its easier for me that way! as for light exercise I have a little boy whos 3 in August so do plenty of running around he he. hope you are doing well x

Hi Fatbritwalking, you made some very good points which I will take into consideration.
I live in the same building as my Dr and his surgery. He is checking my bloods fortnightly and my urine once a week. He is also checking my blood pressure on a regular basis and he review my daily food log each evening and gives me tips and advice. He has been fantastic. I guess since its taken me until now to start a diet, I have had lots of time learning about them and ignoring them! Lol.

One of the funny things I notice is that when we start a diet everyone is concerned that we are getting the right nutrients when in reality, we probably were not getting them in our high fat diets either. I am being careful but I do thank you for your concern, Laura x

Back