Hello Everyone !

clairepbear

Hi, i have already posted in the introductions but thought i would come and introduce myself on here seeing as this is the forum i will be using :)
My name is Claire and i am 23 years old, i have 2 yound children and am on a mission to be healthy and no longer overweight.
Most of my family and friends are already slim and as nice as they are offering their advice, i dont think anyone whose never suffered from a weight problem really knows how it feels. I have a short story for you just for a bit of background info.

When i was 18 i weighed 130kgs, i did the lighterlife diet and it only took my 6 months to reach my goal weight, my whole life changed and i met the man of my dreams, i fell pregnant quickly and gained most of the weight back. when my son was 22 months old i gave birth to my daughter and suffered from post natel depression, which i managed to eat my way through. The last 2 years haven't been the easiest, i lost one of my best friends in a accident and very recently i split with my fiance, his choice not mine, but it takes to be n a relationship, im heartbroken if im honest and a bit lonely nowadays raising 2 kids by myself. i did however decide that i wasnt going to let this break up be the end of me, i started college just over a month ago and am training to become a chef.

i just want to be healthy for my childrens sake and stop letting food control my life, i want to eat to live not live to eat. i think a website like this is just what i nee to help me because its the support i lack.
so anyway, thankyou for taking the time to read this and i hope to be of some help to people going through the same as me.
much love
claire x

I'm here, I'm here! We're here to support but I'm not on here all the time!

Good luck :)

I think also doing it for your children is a massive step in the right direction, by doing this for yourself it will also enhance their lives greately in the future as they will have eaten the right things at all stages of their lives, jst because you were.

Are you on my fitness pal?

i sure am, my username is clairepbear the same as on here, im re starting the diet on monday as ive been ill and fallen off the bandwagon the last few days xxx

Hiya :) I can't recommend calorie counting enough! It has been amazing for me! Hope it helps you too :) Good luck!

Hi Clairepbear, Welcome to the forum.

Well done on making the effort to get things under control and to make sure that your little ones have a healthy diet too.
Do start a diary as soon as poss then we know where to find you.

I had a very similar experience as regard having my children (back in the dark ages!..lol!) Not easy having them so close and now with you having to manage on your own. Far better tho' than having a bad atmosphere all the time as it affects the children so much.

Have done CC for some while now and found it brill.

All the very best to you in your journey .... :)

Thanks emmaline, its been very difficult but for the 1st time in my adult life im gonna make a healthy decision to change for the better and for good. How do i make a diary ? x

Thanks emmaline, its been very difficult but for the 1st time in my adult life im gonna make a healthy decision to change for the better and for good. How do i make a diary ? x

Well my woman.. we will all be rooting for you so do keep posting so we know how you are feeling and progressing.

To start you diary go to the appropriated section ... click on New Thread.. enter your title and the get going just as you did on this posting.

Here's your link ..

http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-diaries/

I'll be looking for you... :)

Back