Step 1 Sole Source Hello everyone

Hi,

Glad week 2 is going well for you!

I am day 16 now and really enjoying this week and up to now finding it a lot easier now I have switched on to the 200 calorie sachets, I am still only having 3 a day but as I am exercising most days my consultant said I could have some chicken or an egg on a night if I need it. I haven’t needed it yet but it’s good to know I can.

I can definitely tell I have lost weight I feel really good still away to go but thinking of it in small parts so in 8lbs time I will be in the 13 stone bracket which is my next goal.

Coat sounds lovely so does New York I bet you can’t wait. What an incentive to keep you on track! Xx
You're doing so well! I find smaller targets much easier to aim for. I Also find it easier not knowing exactly what I weigh as well, my consultant told me what I'd lost even though I didn't really want her to!

Are you aiming for anything in particular or just wanting to lose weight in general? Xx

You're doing so well! I find smaller targets much easier to aim for. I Also find it easier not knowing exactly what I weigh as well, my consultant told me what I'd lost even though I didn't really want her to!

Are you aiming for anything in particular or just wanting to lose weight in general? Xx

Hi,

I admire anyone who can be weighed and not be told the results I have no patience I wouldn’t be able to wait.

I have been off work since June with a bad back and after my mri the physiotherapist basically said lose weight and strengthen your back/core with exercise I thought why not give this a try and if I can get through the first week decide then what to do next. I am just taking a week at a time what will be will be.

I am enjoying Cambridge and I really don’t miss anything yet so all good.

I also joined a gym and for the first time in my life actually look forward to going! I have to force myself not to go I love it.

Morning everyone!

I have had a none scale victory and I am really proud of myself.

So basically this year we decided not to go on holiday and spend the money updating our house. We have spent over £4000 and our savings took a severe bashing.

The boiler broke on Monday and can’t be repaired worse to come is that the pipe supplying the gas is too small for a new boiler so I have to have my flooring taken up in my hall, dining room and kitchen for the plumber to be able to fit me a new system. The wood floors have been down for about five years but it’s highly unlikely they can be laid again.

So I have a £2800 quote for the new boiler/fit and potentially £1000 for new flooring now normally when something negative happens I turn to food to make me feel better and I would binge eat.

This time I can honestly say I am in such a good positive place with this diet and the gym I haven’t needed or wanted to stuff my face.

I said to my husband this morning how happy I feel and that whatever gets thrown at us we always get through it so what’s the point in stressing over it and eating crap for me that is a major non scale victory!

I think if you are mentally strong and in a good place you can handle anything and that’s exactly how I feel.

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week!

Morning everyone!

I have had a none scale victory and I am really proud of myself.

So basically this year we decided not to go on holiday and spend the money updating our house. We have spent over £4000 and our savings took a severe bashing.

The boiler broke on Monday and can’t be repaired worse to come is that the pipe supplying the gas is too small for a new boiler so I have to have my flooring taken up in my hall, dining room and kitchen for the plumber to be able to fit me a new system. The wood floors have been down for about five years but it’s highly unlikely they can be laid again.

So I have a £2800 quote for the new boiler/fit and potentially £1000 for new flooring now normally when something negative happens I turn to food to make me feel better and I would binge eat.

This time I can honestly say I am in such a good positive place with this diet and the gym I haven’t needed or wanted to stuff my face.

I said to my husband this morning how happy I feel and that whatever gets thrown at us we always get through it so what’s the point in stressing over it and eating crap for me that is a major non scale victory!

I think if you are mentally strong and in a good place you can handle anything and that’s exactly how I feel.

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week!

Gutted for you about your boiler but well done on staying strong! The weight must be dropping off you now, bet you can't wait for weigh in!

I feel like I'm chugging along nicely although I don't feel any slimmer this week. I've not been having all of my products though, funny how your appetite changes so quickly on this diet! Gonna make sure I'm having all 3 and plentt of water ahead of Saturday's weigh in xx

Hi Cambridge,

I am doing really well thank you strangely finding this week quite easy and it has flown too. Weigh in Monday I am hoping for a good loss. I have gone down 1 clothes size up to now and I would like to go down another 2 sizes.

How are you? How has your week been? Xx

Hi Cambridge,

I am doing really well thank you strangely finding this week quite easy and it has flown too. Weigh in Monday I am hoping for a good loss. I have gone down 1 clothes size up to now and I would like to go down another 2 sizes.

How are you? How has your week been? Xx

Yay that’s absolutely amazing! You go girl!!! It definitely makes the hard work worth it once you start feeling the difference in clothes. Glad you are finding it easier too, it just becomes a routine after time, doesn’t it? How long are you planning to stay on Step 1 for?

I’m getting on good too thank you! Today is my first day of week 5 already... I can’t believe it has gone so quickly! I had a little slip up last weekend that involved some roast potatoes but thankfully I got away with it scales wise and things have gone smoothly other than that. I’m down 18.5lb in my first 4 weeks, so I’m super happy! My only issue is a lingering kidney infection that I got during my first week and I don’t think the low calories are helping me fight it. On Tuesday I’ve to get a bladder camera scope and biopsy under general anesthesia but I hope to still be able to stay on plan in the hospital, haha.

Went to the cinema last night and while all my friends downed hot toffee popcorn with malteasers (the smell was incredible!!!), I was happy with my iced americano and Cambridge toffee bar!

Have you tried the bars or porridge yet or are you still just on shakes?! Xxx

Yay that’s absolutely amazing! You go girl!!! It definitely makes the hard work worth it once you start feeling the difference in clothes. Glad you are finding it easier too, it just becomes a routine after time, doesn’t it? How long are you planning to stay on Step 1 for?

I’m getting on good too thank you! Today is my first day of week 5 already... I can’t believe it has gone so quickly! I had a little slip up last weekend that involved some roast potatoes but thankfully I got away with it scales wise and things have gone smoothly other than that. I’m down 18.5lb in my first 4 weeks, so I’m super happy! My only issue is a lingering kidney infection that I got during my first week and I don’t think the low calories are helping me fight it. On Tuesday I’ve to get a bladder camera scope and biopsy under general anesthesia but I hope to still be able to stay on plan in the hospital, haha.

Went to the cinema last night and while all my friends downed hot toffee popcorn with malteasers (the smell was incredible!!!), I was happy with my iced americano and Cambridge toffee bar!

Have you tried the bars or porridge yet or are you still just on shakes?! Xxx

Hi Cambridge,

Well done 18.5 in four weeks is fantastic you must be so pleased. Especially when you haven’t been well you have a lot of willpower most people would of quit so good for you! I Hope I have a good loss on Monday I will be on week 4 then it seems to be going really fast now.

It does seem to become habit doesn’t it! I find weekends the hardest but just while my family are having their meals, I am fine when I am cooking them but just when they are eating them I think oh I wish I could eat some but I won’t give in not when I am doing so well.

I keep telling myself once I get to goal I will then be able to have any food I like in moderation so it’s worth the wait.

I would love to get to 11 stone on step 1 and then go through the other steps until I get to 10 stone 6 but at the moment I am just thinking of my goals in small chunks. I am aiming for 2 stone off by 15th September.

I am on 3 products a day at the moment but on the days I go to the gym I may have a small amount of protein chicken, egg or prawns just to give me a boost on a night.

I have a mixture of shakes, bars and smoothies which stops me from getting bored which helps.

I really like the strawberry and cherry smoothie, chocolate mint shake and toffee bar.

How long are you staying on step 1? Which products do you enjoy? What diet/maintenance plan are you going to do once you get to goal?

Xx

Hi Cunners,

Good luck for your weigh in today xx
Hey Rolo,

Thanks for that! I only lost 1lb though so a bit disappointed but I think last week seemed liked a bigger loss because I was mid TOTM and that ended before weigh in.

On the plus side I'm 10lbs down in total and only 10lbs away from being a healthy bmi again.

Well done in your losses, your doing amazing! How much longer are you staying on plan for? Xx

Hi Cambridge,

Well done 18.5 in four weeks is fantastic you must be so pleased. Especially when you haven’t been well you have a lot of willpower most people would of quit so good for you! I Hope I have a good loss on Monday I will be on week 4 then it seems to be going really fast now.

It does seem to become habit doesn’t it! I find weekends the hardest but just while my family are having their meals, I am fine when I am cooking them but just when they are eating them I think oh I wish I could eat some but I won’t give in not when I am doing so well.

I keep telling myself once I get to goal I will then be able to have any food I like in moderation so it’s worth the wait.

I would love to get to 11 stone on step 1 and then go through the other steps until I get to 10 stone 6 but at the moment I am just thinking of my goals in small chunks. I am aiming for 2 stone off by 15th September.

I am on 3 products a day at the moment but on the days I go to the gym I may have a small amount of protein chicken, egg or prawns just to give me a boost on a night.

I have a mixture of shakes, bars and smoothies which stops me from getting bored which helps.

I really like the strawberry and cherry smoothie, chocolate mint shake and toffee bar.

How long are you staying on step 1? Which products do you enjoy? What diet/maintenance plan are you going to do once you get to goal?

Xx

Thanks Rolo, I’m delighted with it and very excited that I’m getting closer to a healthy BMI. Really trying to view this as a journey to better health rather than just another diet!

YES I totally agree that watching people eat is the hardest! But once they have finished eating it always feels great not to have given in, doesn’t it?! :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin: I’ve also found this plan has made me much more aware of the volume of food that other people are actually eating. Have you noticed this too?

That sounds like a great plan and I’ve no doubts that you’ll get there. Love those products too, I think the cherry strawberry smoothie is my top fave out of everything!

I plan on staying on Step 1 until I’m around 12 stone I think, which about my healthy BMI. From there I’d rather introduce much more exercise and lose the rest on Step 2 or 3. But I’m just taking it week by week and if I’m feeling good I might do Step 1 for longer! As you said I think small goals is the best. I’m 3 pounds away from the 12s so that’s my main focus for now!!!

For maintenance I think an overall lower carb diet will suit me. Not necessarily Atkins or that extreme, but lower GI. That’s not to say there won’t be treats. I think at the end of the day we all know what do we need to do to keep the weight off - just don’t eat too much crap food - but it’s doing it that’s the hard part! What’s your plan for maintaining?

Best of luck tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing how you got on. I’m sure you’ll do great! Xxx

Last edited:
Hey Rolo,

Thanks for that! I only lost 1lb though so a bit disappointed but I think last week seemed liked a bigger loss because I was mid TOTM and that ended before weigh in.

On the plus side I'm 10lbs down in total and only 10lbs away from being a healthy bmi again.

Well done in your losses, your doing amazing! How much longer are you staying on plan for? Xx

Hey Cunners!

I also had a 1lb loss the week before my period and have also noticed this on previous diets too. My consultant did measurements and my breasts had even increased in size from the fluid retention! What us women have to put up with!!!

I was disappointed but lost 3 the following week so I bet it’s setting you up for a great loss next week!

Yay for being so close to a healthy BMI! I’m about 16lb away!

Best of luck this week 🤗 xxx

Hey Cunners!

I also had a 1lb loss the week before my period and have also noticed this on previous diets too. My consultant did measurements and my breasts had even increased in size from the fluid retention! What us women have to put up with!!!

I was disappointed but lost 3 the following week so I bet it’s setting you up for a great loss next week!

Yay for being so close to a healthy BMI! I’m about 16lb away!

Best of luck this week 🤗 xxx

Hey hun!

I'm not letting it get to me, I'm 2 weeks in now and feeling determined. Just hoping next week I get 4lbs to get me to a stone loss!

My consultant won't do my measurements until it's been 4 weeks, bit gutted about that really but suppose I'll be happy when I see a decent number of inches lost.

How long have you been on plan for? I can see we're similar weight and goal so can keep each other motivated! Xx

Hey hun!

I'm not letting it get to me, I'm 2 weeks in now and feeling determined. Just hoping next week I get 4lbs to get me to a stone loss!

My consultant won't do my measurements until it's been 4 weeks, bit gutted about that really but suppose I'll be happy when I see a decent number of inches lost.

How long have you been on plan for? I can see we're similar weight and goal so can keep each other motivated! Xx

That would be amazing to get to the stone, they generally say up to 1.5 stone the first month and a stone per month thereafter. So hopefully you will do next weigh in! My consultant has said that losses generally are slower when BMI is in the overweight rather than obese category so I was a bit worried BUT in 4 weeks I still lost 18.5lb. I’ll be on plan exactly a month tomorrow as I started on Friday the 13th! I did have one slip up during it when I had a high carb meal but it didn’t affect that week’s weigh in... miraculously!!! I’ve also had a few low carb Step 2 meals here there instead of one of my products.

Are you on 4 products per day? I’m guessing you might be as you must be very tall going by your BMI/weight! I’m only just under 5ft 9 but I find that I really need the 4 a day, I guess there is a reason they recommend it when you are taller.

Oh that’s very interesting as mine does my measurements every single week! They generally have been coming down 1/2 or more inch each time so have lost 2-3 inches overall from most places. I can definitely tell in my clothes and I can see it in my face! It was great because the week I only lost 1lb (week 3), there was big changes in my inches so I still felt ok about it!

What’s your plan for maintenance once you hit goal? Xxx

Hey Rolo,

Hi Cunners,

Well done on losing a pound! It is still a pound lost not gained so don’t beat yourself up about it.

my second week was quite low I think most people are the same especially around your period. Be happy with the loss and next week will be even better.

I am staying on Step 1 until I am 11 stone and will then work through the stages. I might go lower or stay at 11 stone.

I am just taking it a day at a time for now weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed it has been a good week!

I am very focused and enjoying being on the plan especially when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I can see such a difference already.

Xx

Thanks Rolo, I’m delighted with it and very excited that I’m getting closer to a healthy BMI. Really trying to view this as a journey to better health rather than just another diet!

YES I totally agree that watching people eat is the hardest! But once they have finished eating it always feels great not to have given in, doesn’t it?! :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin: I’ve also found this plan has made me much more aware of the volume of food that other people are actually eating. Have you noticed this too?

That sounds like a great plan and I’ve no doubts that you’ll get there. Love those products too, I think the cherry strawberry smoothie is my top fave out of everything!

I plan on staying on Step 1 until I’m around 12 stone I think, which about my healthy BMI. From there I’d rather introduce much more exercise and lose the rest on Step 2 or 3. But I’m just taking it week by week and if I’m feeling good I might do Step 1 for longer! As you said I think small goals is the best. I’m 3 pounds away from the 12s so that’s my main focus for now!!!

For maintenance I think an overall lower carb diet will suit me. Not necessarily Atkins or that extreme, but lower GI. That’s not to say there won’t be treats. I think at the end of the day we all know what do we need to do to keep the weight off - just don’t eat too much crap food - but it’s doing it that’s the hard part! What’s your plan for maintaining?

Best of luck tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing how you got on. I’m sure you’ll do great! Xxx
Hi Cambridge,

I hope you are having a good weekend?

I am definitely noticing how much other people are eating especially my husband bless him I am now the food police! I am trying not to be though.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see what I have lost. My consultant measured me on week 1 but hasn’t since but I am only there about 15 minutes.

I have to say she is rubbish I prefer talking to you guys who know what they are doing!

My plan for maintaining is low carb probably the 5 2 approach as that seems to work for a lot of people.

Are you feeling any better?

Xx

Hi Cambridge,

I am definitely noticing how much other people are eating especially my husband bless him I am now the food police! I am trying not to be though.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see what I have lost. My consultant measured me on week 1 but hasn’t since but I am only there about 15 minutes.

I have to say she is rubbish I prefer talking to you guys who know what they are doing!

My plan for maintaining is low carb probably the 5 2 approach as that seems to work for a lot of people.

Xx

That would be amazing to get to the stone, they generally say up to 1.5 stone the first month and a stone per month thereafter. So hopefully you will do next weigh in! My consultant has said that losses generally are slower when BMI is in the overweight rather than obese category so I was a bit worried BUT in 4 weeks I still lost 18.5lb. I’ll be on plan exactly a month tomorrow as I started on Friday the 13th! I did have one slip up during it when I had a high carb meal but it didn’t affect that week’s weigh in... miraculously!!! I’ve also had a few low carb Step 2 meals here there instead of one of my products.

Are you on 4 products per day? I’m guessing you might be as you must be very tall going by your BMI/weight! I’m only just under 5ft 9 but I find that I really need the 4 a day, I guess there is a reason they recommend it when you are taller.

Oh that’s very interesting as mine does my measurements every single week! They generally have been coming down 1/2 or more inch each time so have lost 2-3 inches overall from most places. I can definitely tell in my clothes and I can see it in my face! It was great because the week I only lost 1lb (week 3), there was big changes in my inches so I still felt ok about it!

What’s your plan for maintenance once you hit goal? Xxx

Wow 18.5lbs in 1 month is amazing! Have you found it easier now you're a month in or do you find it harder? I'm just hoping I stay in this mindset until I get to goal, I know if I fall off track it'll be so hard to get back on!

I'm just doing 3 packs a day, I should be 4 because of my height but there was no way I was paying £70 A week, it's expensive enough on 3 a day.

I can't tell in my clothes yet, I have 1 pair of shorts that fit me last year that I can barely fasten now, my aim is to be back in them - not that I'll be wearing them any time soon haha xx

Hi Cunners,

Well done on losing a pound! It is still a pound lost not gained so don’t beat yourself up about it.

my second week was quite low I think most people are the same especially around your period. Be happy with the loss and next week will be even better.

I am staying on Step 1 until I am 11 stone and will then work through the stages. I might go lower or stay at 11 stone.

I am just taking it a day at a time for now weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed it has been a good week!

I am very focused and enjoying being on the plan especially when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I can see such a difference already.

Xx
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, let us know how you get on xx

Hi Cambridge,

Xx
It's amazing the difference in consultants eh,m mine has never weighed me, we just ended up doing it ourselves
Good luck for weigh in today :) xx

Back