Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Skooby, 14 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Skooby

Skooby New Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    none - just eat healthy
    Hi, I just started Orlistat Yesterday and was looking up some information and came across this site.
    Looks like this could be a valuable source of support, so thought I would join up and say hi!

I am kez, 26 and totally lost lol
    Nice to meet you all!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. robyn2009

robyn2009 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(29.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Kez welcome

I am doing slimming world excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of Orlistat so Im a bit in the dark about that one. Briefly what is it ?

How did you managed on your first day ? All ok ?
    Ive recently re started SW classes I did get to my target left and put a bit back on so Im back on the SW plan.

have a good weekend

Robyn

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Kez and welcome :) I was on Xenical ( Orlistat) for a year and had a good weight loss, doing Rosemary Conley now :)
    Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Robyn, Orlistat is a tablet that is taken with every main meal, it stops the absorption of up to 30% of the fat in your diet. You must stick to a low fat diet while on them, as the consequences of eating too much fat, or too high a percentage of fat is rather awful ( think oily orange stools :(). Its not for everyone, but it really helped me change my lifestyle :)
    x

5. robyn2009

robyn2009 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(29.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks Ali for the info I felt a bit daft not knowing so I had to ask rather than pretend I knew.

I also did RC years ago I did enjoy the classes etc especially the exercise session at the end I always thought that to be a brilliant idea. Do they still do the exercise session at the end of classes ?

Im stuck in the house waiting for a repair man today hence all the questions & posts :)

6. MrsFordy

MrsFordy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    sw
    Hiya kez!

Welcome and good luck;)

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with orlistat

Irene xx

8. Skooby

Skooby New Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    none - just eat healthy
    Thank you all! Sorry for not explaining properly. I think the is the last straw for me without some form of surgery as I just can't seem to shift it, but now i am a bit more motivated and have actually taken the step to find support, I am sure I am moving in the right direction!
    I have tried weightwatchers and slimming world, but was getting no where as I always just gave in to temptation.
    With these tablets, I know I must stick to "being good" or else suffer the consequences, which means I have the motivation to hopefully stick to it!
    Day 3 now and doing well so far I think.... just keep feeling a little peckish now and again, but instead of eating, I have been making a cup of tea or a glass of water and it seems to do the trick.
    Thanks all for your kind welcome!
    Skooby x

9. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hello Kez and welcome to the minimins board.

10. Skooby

Skooby New Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    none - just eat healthy
    Hi all, All going good so far, first weigh in and its 8 pounds off! I am very impressed as I didnt think they would work for me!

11. jjan3t

jjan3t Member

Hi and welcome to minimins.
    I Have tried orlistat in the past. It did help with weight loss but played havoc with my IBS so now I am on the list for WLS.
    Good luck

12. Skooby

Skooby New Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    none - just eat healthy
    HI all, just a very quick update to let you all know, tabs are still working and I am down to 116kg, from a start of 131kg!!!! I am so pleased with this. Luck to all who are trying to lose! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.