Hello from a newbie! (to Exante anyway)

Saddlebag

Silver Member
Hi all! Sent off for a week's trial of Exante last week and it's due tomorrow! So I will potentially be starting on Wednesday? I'm really excited but daunted as I have always been an Atkins girl- unfortunately it's just doesn't work for me anymore. Like I guess many people doing this diet I need strict guidelines of what I can and can't have (which is why I'm rubbish on WW etc) and I find the quick results a motivation to keep going. From what I have read I'll get both of these from Exante!
The only questions I have folks are, if I add a bit of cucumber or celery to the soups, will it make a drastic difference? Or even adding some bouillon to the soup to make it taste better? I've heard that they not the most palatable of dinners...
Also, what's the 'refeeding' thing? Is that the week off after four weeks or is that introducing yourself back to real food after reaching goal?
I'll be doing the total solution by the way. Can't wait to feel my clothes getting baggy :D Speak to you all soon, especially after Wednesday when I'll be on here whinging and moaning!

Hey dont worry u will be fine first few days r hard n then it gets sooo easy that the weight falling off motivates u to keep going x

Hi Saddlebag, good luck with your journey. I started TS today and so far it's been ok.. The porridge is yummy and filling but can't stomach the bars, finding them disgusting and powdery tasting. I've always been an 'Atkins' dieter too but doesn't seem to work for me anymore... Tend to start picking at foods I shouldn't be having :/
Hope your ready for Wednesday, good luck x

Welcome to the forum saddlebag. This is a great diet for getting the weight down quickly. Try to drink plenty of water as the first 4-5 days can be hard particularly with headaches & sometimes nausea. Try to keep yourself occupied too. Bouillon is allowed. Don't see that cucumber should have any impact on the results. Good luck

Hi guys and thanks for your replies! Tomorrow is the big day, I have my 'food' and can't wait to get cracking. I'm going to start a diary here so I can share and keep track of how it's going.
Not got myself a shaker yet- am hoping I can just mix it in a normal drinks bottle and shake it a lot!

Hey - I'm switching from S&S which I've tried this week to exante for a week.
On this forum there's a list of what you can add safely - there is a type of boullion everyone talks about so adding it to a soup would be fine. Im not sure about celery though.
The refeed is when you gradually reintroduce food again - you can't just go and eat normally after a VLCD or you'll baloon. The refeed normally lasts a week or two.

Thank you and that has cleared up the refeed question for me! Good luck on your Exante journey :)

Back