Hello from Ireland

Orla1973

Gold Member
Hi,

I just registered with this wonderful site, I have often googled an answer to my query and the site that always comes up is your own, let me introduce myself.

My name is Orla and I'm Irish. I joined slimming world in January this year as I was turning 40 in August (that has passed now) and felt I needed to do something about my weight. When I joined that night, I was exactly 20st and I cried and felt totally ashamed but my lovely and very sweet consultant Pauline said that will not remain there ever again and she was so right. I have been married to my wonderful husband Brian for 13 years and we have no children (yes sadly I have PCOS) and that is the real motivation I needed to kick start this weight loss programme and boy am I glad I did as just over 8 months on and I received my award for 3.5st last Tuesday (yayyyy)

I have never felt so confident as I feel the slimming world diet is ordinary every day food and you can eat what you like (of course as long as they are free foods) but you don't have to deny yourself a treat, I would often save my treat for a glass or two of wine or a lovely crunchie bar (yum) and this healthy eating is for life and I don't get scared anymore when I say that as I know I can succeed

Welcome Orla!

Good to have you with us.:)

I have moved ypur post here to the SW forun as it will get more attention here.

Well done on your fabulous weight loss:happy096:

If you need any help please ask!

Well done so far :) welcome

Hi,

I just registered with this wonderful site, I have often googled an answer to my query and the site that always comes up is your own, let me introduce myself.

My name is Orla and I'm Irish. I joined slimming world in January this year as I was turning 40 in August (that has passed now) and felt I needed to do something about my weight. When I joined that night, I was exactly 20st and I cried and felt totally ashamed but my lovely and very sweet consultant Pauline said that will not remain there ever again and she was so right. I have been married to my wonderful husband Brian for 13 years and we have no children (yes sadly I have PCOS) and that is the real motivation I needed to kick start this weight loss programme and boy am I glad I did as just over 8 months on and I received my award for 3.5st last Tuesday (yayyyy)

I have never felt so confident as I feel the slimming world diet is ordinary every day food and you can eat what you like (of course as long as they are free foods) but you don't have to deny yourself a treat, I would often save my treat for a glass or two of wine or a lovely crunchie bar (yum) and this healthy eating is for life and I don't get scared anymore when I say that as I know I can succeed

Hi Orla & welcome, I'm from Ireland too & based not too far from you. Congratulations on your weightloss so far. I've rejoined SW after an 8week break & have my weigh-in tonite. I have to say hand on heart that this is the 1st time I can actually see myself reaching target weight & maintaining it, as you say it's healthy eating & a way of life.

There's an Irish thread in the overseas section if you wanna pop over & join in, we chat & alert each other of Irish brands, sources & tips.

Coming on here has been key to me keeping on track, so much info & support.

So keep posting & I'm sure we'll bump into each other.

Goodluck for another great week ;)

Thank you all for your lovely replies, it is so nice to join here and for you to know everyone here understands. I have to say Izzywizzywoo, I agree about what you said about reaching target and maintaining it for life as I feel the same way too, all the time I'm reaching mini targets like last Sunday night (with the help of hand lotion) I managed to get my engagement and wedding ring off for the first time in 13 years (this is how long I have been married too) and also little things like fitting into a skirt that has no elastic, these all mean the world to me.

I have my reasons why I wanted to lose weight and I will send you a message about that (whenever I get my chance to send message) but my confidence has soared and I feel for the first time in a long time, I'm in control of my diet and healthy eating and I'm loving it.

Mini, thank you so much for welcoming, you may regret asking me if I needed help as I'm the girl who asks lots of questions. I have my weigh in this evening so I presume I can update my weight loss here, if yes, do I log into my profile and update my weight.

Hanngun, thanks very much for your welcome, it looks like everyone is doing really well here, in our group we have some big weight losses, I think nearly everyone has lost over the stone, I think it is down to our wonderful consultant Pauline, she has so much enthusiasm and great energy and gives us great motivation and one very important trait, she will ring you if she thinks you are weakening or your going through a lot

Thank you all for your lovely replies, it is so nice to join here and for you to know everyone here understands. I have to say Izzywizzywoo, I agree about what you said about reaching target and maintaining it for life as I feel the same way too, all the time I'm reaching mini targets like last Sunday night (with the help of hand lotion) I managed to get my engagement and wedding ring off for the first time in 13 years (this is how long I have been married too) and also little things like fitting into a skirt that has no elastic, these all mean the world to me. I have my reasons why I wanted to lose weight and I will send you a message about that (whenever I get my chance to send message) but my confidence has soared and I feel for the first time in a long time, I'm in control of my diet and healthy eating and I'm loving it. Mini, thank you so much for welcoming, you may regret asking me if I needed help as I'm the girl who asks lots of questions. I have my weigh in this evening so I presume I can update my weight loss here, if yes, do I log into my profile and update my weight. Hanngun, thanks very much for your welcome, it looks like everyone is doing really well here, in our group we have some big weight losses, I think nearly everyone has lost over the stone, I think it is down to our wonderful consultant Pauline, she has so much enthusiasm and great energy and gives us great motivation and one very important trait, she will ring you if she thinks you are weakening or your going through a lot

Get posting Orla on those word games & as soon as you reach 50posts you can get the run of the place,can private msg, add pix etc. There's great tutorials on how everything works on here & everyone is helpful & friendly.

Goodluck for your weigh-in today, I lost 3.5lbs last nite & I'm all fired up today :)

I certainly will do, can't at the moment but will this evening, thanks Izzy. I know I shouldn't do it but I weighed myself this morning and I'm down (I think) so any loss is good but I so need a big one of 3Ibs or more as I need that boost that I could reach that 5st reward by Christmas (fingers and toes crossed)

One other thing Izzy, can I do a ticker too or do I need to have 50 posts done to get that

Orla I only got brave & started posting in July,always used to lurk, warning it will become addictive,I've over 2000 posts,easily done. Mini's is my secret pleasure,ha ha, I don't use Facebook or anything else.

One other thing Izzy, can I do a ticker too or do I need to have 50 posts done to get that

You can set up a ticker now.

If you look on this link below it will show you step by step how to do it.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you would like to start a diary here or have a read through the diaries for inspiration here is the link to the SW diary forum...

Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary

Also this one will help you make your way around the forums

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Be sure to ask if you need help:)

I certainly will do, can't at the moment but will this evening, thanks Izzy. I know I shouldn't do it but I weighed myself this morning and I'm down (I think) so any loss is good but I so need a big one of 3Ibs or more as I need that boost that I could reach that 5st reward by Christmas (fingers and toes crossed)

I know I'm a divil for daily weighing,keep meaning
to hide the scales :) Well keep on doing what your doing & your sure to get your 5st, it's all possible.

Well the good news is that I weighed in this evening and lost 5.5Ibs but more importantly I actually got Slimmer of the week for the first time since I joined slimming world last January. I'm still in shock but absolutely thrilled to bits, I have to update my information on my own profile now.

Izzy, I'm a facebook addict and I have been on other forums too so I can relate to getting addicted to them and I will click on that link now and see can I setup a ticker, now that I have lost 5.5Ibs I think 5st is definitely in view now, fingers and toes crossed

5.5lbs is amazing, well done u. Im just in my second week and i love reading about people having grest losses x

Can you check to see if my ticker can be seen here

Thanks very much Dolly82, I was thrilled with this. I use the slimming world app all the time, the only problem is that I'm in Ireland and some of our Irish products are not listed so I hope that someone may be able to help me.

One question I do have is what are the lowest syned wines, I heard in class one night that Brancott Estate Riesling was very low, I think the bottle itself was a total of 15.5 syns but not sure. I see the lowest are the ones under 5% volume (not willing to take a chance in case I'm wrong). I know it is very early in the morning but while it is in my head I ask otherwise I will forget. If you know what the lowest wines are then please let me know

Great loss well done :) sorry i don't know about the wine. Xx

Back