Hello hello :D

abz

Gold Member
Crikey. It has been years since I have been on Minis, but here I am again, this time to have a go at Dukan, at least in the short-term.

I have done it in the past and it was successful, but as always, life got in the way. I went over to slimming world, which I know does work, but with all the medication and things I take I found that my weight losses were so slow that I found going to classes a little depressing, rather than motivating, hearing about how much cheating everyone else was getting away with. Also my shift pattern means that I am paying for a lot more classes than I am actually attending.

I have also been doing the couch to 5k running program, and I am now on week 7, running (joggling) for 25 minutes at a time. Given that I am nigh on 17 stones and in week one a minute seemed impossible I am rather proud of that, but I want to keep going and I'm not sure how low-carb figures into it yet.

I do better with a framework, so with all that in mind I thought I would try dukan for a few weeks and see how I go. See if I can continue my running (joggling - it really doesn't count as running just yet), see if it works well with my medication, see if i get losses worth not eating my beloved carbs. I know I feel better once I'm doing it, but today is day one. ha.

Also, has anybody started in the cruise phase rather than doing attack? Not sure I can run if I go through that much withdrawal, and it has become more important to me to continue doing that than the eating habits...

thank you.

abz xx

Back