Hello I am new, and hoping to shake off some fat!

Loopster

Hello everyone,

I have lurked on the site for a long time now, and think its wonderful.

I have been in denial about my weight for quite a while now, after looking at old holiday pics that made me feel awful about my weight gain, I have decided I really need to do something about it.

I met my partner over 10 years ago when I had just lost 3 stone on weight watchers and was down to 10 stone, we both love our food, eating out, takeaways, cooking our lives seem to revolve around eating.

I had my son 7 years ago, and after having him weighed in at approx 14 stone, I managed to get down to 12 stone, then gradually my weight crept up, I swapped nights out for nights in, and lost interest in myself.

I had a miscarriage on 2011 which resulted in depression, and overeating. I weighed myself last Tuesday and was 15 stone 12lb, the heaviest I have ever been! I was shocked, I am quite a fun loving person and have never let on how much my weight bothers me. I feel unfit, and embarrassed that I have let myself go.

I want to lose weight for me, my son and my partner.

I have started doing slim fast and managed to lose 6lbs so far, I am managing pretty well, slim fast shake for breakfast and lunch,my snacks have been snack a jacks, special k bar and activia yougurt. For tea I am having mostly salads, pasta, jacket pots, tuna, grilled chicken.

Cider is my downfall! I love it but it has to go! I want to be able to wear pretty dresses in the summer. I have set myself small goals to start with like weekends we have planned etc, weddings. I just hope 2013 is going to be finally be my year to lose the fat!

Start Date 8th Jan 15 stone 12lbs
15th Jan 15 stone 6lbs

Mini Goal 1st Feb-Weekend down south-to be 15 stone!

Hiya

Im pretty new here too and wanted to say hello. What you said made sense to me as my weight has gradually crept on due to losing interest in myself and then losing my Mum.
I havent got the will power to do slim fast or anything like that so Im calorie counting. Started on the 3rd Jan and had a bit of a drama with my scales on first weigh day last week so as I didnt know if Id lost, put on or stayed the same Ive stuck to my starting weight until I weigh again this week on new scales.
I love those Special K bars. Which have you tried? The chocolate ones are gorgeous and help to stop making me feel deprived of chocolate.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings! lol

Welcome and best of luck

Hiya Sharon,

Yes I am loving the chocolate ones, and they are on special at Tesco's at the moment £1.00 for 4 bars.
Aw, I am sure your scales will be fine for your next weigh in, I am trying hard to keep away from the scales I have a habit of jumping on them every morning!:)

I have just had some of the sweet chilli snack a jacks and they were tasty too.

Best of luck on your journey:)

Yup got mine on offer too! Got to love a bargain! :)
Havent tried the snack a jacks yet but sweet chilli sounds nice!
Ive been having french fries as they are only 83 calories a bag which is pretty good.

Speak soon

Back